“Beautiful place to visit...you dont want to miss it” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sunset Heal Mountain Retreat & Spa to your Saves list
Sunset Heal Mountain Retreat & Spa
Shrewsberry District, Petersfield, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Petersfield
“Beautiful place to visit...you dont want to miss it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011 via mobile

Explore the real Jamaica..go to Sunset Heal..away from the all inclusive but in the jungle with 8 the mineral springs, yet 45 mm from Negril and Montego bay.Friendly staff and beautiful restaurant up in the hill facing the sunset...can t wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2011

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Sunset heal is the ideal vacation away from the usual all inclusive
hotels. if you want to experience jamaica, Sunset heal is uniquely
Jamaican.

the air is fresh, clean and the tranquility of the entire atmosphere
causes you to drop all your stress and relax. the lemon grass spa treat is
excellent, not to mention the peppermint restaurant, finger licking good.
the accommodations is like cabins in the woods (so all nature lovers will
love this)

I enjoyed my time at the retreat with my daughter, the staff at Sunset
heal is friendly especially Beatrice, she makes you feel as if you dont
want to leave, you feel apart of their big happy family at sunset heal

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

From the moment I arrived I felt this amazing peacefulness. Vibrant colors, the breeze blowing through the tress, and the sound of birds chirping set the stage for an unforgettable week. The staff is incredibly welcoming and went above and beyond to accommodate me (as I'm in a wheelchair). My week at Sunset Heal was filled with delicious nutritional meals, secluded spots for meditation, healing natural springs, hikes through the bush, learning about flora and fauna, and an overall feeling of oneness with other guests and amazing staff. I can't wait to go back and bring a crew with me to attend one of their wonderful workshops (yoga, meditation, massage, holistic cooking, plant medicine, etc...)

I highly recommend Sunset Heal if you are searching for a true vacation destination that oozes proper Jamaican culture. Relax for a week or get involved with an educational workshop, regardless what you choose, you're sure to have a life changing experience.

BLESS UP!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Summerland Key, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Just a trip that changed my life..from the beginning i felt comfortable..explored the real Jamaica with the great people from the staff, the tropical lush serenading, the good food..the simplicity.
Superb Spa treatment...The mineral springs WOW.
unforgettable..

Room Tip: the room with the view
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Victoria BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Just had an amazing stay at Sunset Heal Resort * Spa in Jamaica. Located in the rich and lush area of roaring river only 20 minutes from the beach in Negril , we had the best of both worlds
Each day we had breakfast in their restaurant and had great conversation with the staff who helped guide us where to go and what is a must see" Other days we had spa treatments and did a REiki class and other days spent das on the beach drinking red stripe - while looking forward to going back to our room - we were so sad to have to leave
But ou can be assured we are already planning to go back
I highly recommended this resort if your looking for some serious R&R

Room Tip: Check in and be ready to truly relax
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

Several Years ago when I heard of a place called Sunset Heal I though "How nice it would be to go their" I also felt that it wouldn't be for quite a while for we had just had our second child Markus our daughter Giselle was two at the time. So I went ahead and passed out a couple of flyers Beatrice had given to my Reiki master Lucia which is how I came to know Beatrice the owner and came to know of the existence of Sunset Heal.
In order to tell the story of the healing that I received in this wonderful place I have to explain a little about my past. I was born in Cuba a land which in many ways is very similar to this beautiful country. I left Cuba at the age of nine years old. although one might think that that would be an age which a child would be able to have many memories of his or her childhood, that was not the case for me. Soon after living in Spain the country in which we claimed political asylum I begun to rebel at the thought that I would never be returning to my family my world as I new it. I survived this through forgetting and disowning who I was and where I came from. I did this so well that I learned english in approximately six months after arriving in the United States of America.
So when I woke up to the mowing of a cow on the morning of 19 December 2009, I walked out into a familiar Paradise. We where meet by strangers who soon became life long friends! The first day we where escorted by Dwight (Bubu) through the near by village. We swam in rivers and springs and meet most of the locals! Relaxed and conversed past our first evening of total peace and tranquility. The next morning I woke up before my wife and decided to go for a morning run. I ran through the area that I had become familiar with the first day. When i arrived at a point in the path I noticed a dry river that seemed to reach up toward the top of the mountain. I ran over cobble stone feeling the immense energy of this place feeling my lungs fill with oxygen so pure that was so uncommon to them it almost gave me wings! I ran fast and efficiently until I felt I wanted to stop and be! Then something told it was time to go back and return. As I ran through the village i was greeted by some early risers as I reached an intersection I noticed a lady in the distance waiving at me as i focused in her i recognized her as Debbie who is one of the staff up on sunset Heal. As I approached her i said good morning as I noticed a very large bag that she was carrying i asked her if could take it to the hill for she replied, " Yes Mon these chicken are for you guys" And so I took them and proceeded to run. As I ran from her she told me " your going to have to walk they are heavy" And I replied as I was just called by a local " I'm strong I'm GYm BOY" She laughed and I proceeded. As I ran about another five minutes as i found myself in the middle of an open field where cows and goat had been tied everywhere for gracing! As the pain in my arm started to become unbearable this started bringing a familiar felling that I had felt several weeks before during a triathlon that I Onel Perez had to stop running in. This was a devastating thing to me, my ego! As I connected with this feeling I began to sing out loud with no prior thoughts on the song the singer or when the first time I heard it! Don't be afraid to be weak! Don't be too proud to be strong! Just Look into your heart my friend! This will be the return to yourself ! The return to innocence! And as my ears caught the words that came out of my mouth and my soul felt the release of this pain in my heart the tears of joy dripped down my face! All the pain from my childhood or the rip[ing of my world was was bonded together. And I accepted my weakness which caused my to become strong! I flew up to the mountain top to share this with my wife and then with Angela the cook then with Zeffy the Rasta Mon then with Debbie.
I simply was being! I was being in the moment and have been since then! Now this might not necessarily be the same experience for everyone who goes their but the closeness that me and my wife achieved by being their together conversing till the late hours. Including each other in every thought every word every feeling. We forgave! We accepted! We rejoiced in our children and the miracle we created together.
I believe Beatrice saw a vision during her first visit here! I believe God worked through her to make this place where one could connect with themselves! For it often is with ourselves that our lives separate us form. "I hope you go their and connect"! I pray that Sunset Heal receives much needed abundance. As if this is the reality the local people of this region will all benefit from the visit from all parts of the world!
Lastly, we ate meals made with love. We where treaded like royalty although it was not our expectation. We had the comfort of the most expensive five star hotel and we are forever thank full. We will work to never forget and we will be sending clothing for the children of these villages as my wife left with the feeling of having to do this! As well we are planing our twenty year renewal of our vowels their at Sunset Heal
Onel & Taine Perez

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunset Heal Mountain Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!