“oasis on a rock” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arriba de la Roca

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Pescadero
Arriba de la Roca
Ranked #1 of 5 El Pescadero B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“oasis on a rock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Spent 3 blissful nights at Arriba de la rocca -it was absolutely wonderful - we have already booked our rooms for next year.
Stunning place - sitting by the pool watching whales, stunning sunsets, comfy beds, great rooms
Shelby and Maurice are the nicest people you will ever meet - we ended up spending our evenings there sitting around the fire pit drinking wine and chatting.
Each morning coffee and breakfast were put on my patio, perfect way to start the day.
Shelby organized a hot stone massage in my room, the point is it is the perfect place to relax - I left my crazy stressful life for a few days and returned a new woman - can't wait to go back

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

There are two things I can mention that will let you know the type of place and service you'll get at Arriba de la Roca. (1) All of us have read reviews on websites like Tripadvisor or heard from friends about great Oscar-winning movies, Tony Award plays, or Zagat-rated restaurants, etc. After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and seeing the YouTube video about Arriba de la Roca, I mentioned to my wife that I have never been so excited to go somewhere for vacation. I've traveled throughout the world, but my expectations for this place were higher than any other place I've ever gone. After spending a week at Arriba de la Roca, I can honestly say that my expectations were exceeded, every.... single... day. (2) When was the last time (if ever!) that the owner of a resort you were going to sent you an email 3 days before your arrival saying, "I'm going to Cabo tomorrow and am wondering if there are any last minute things I can pick up for you". All I can say is wow, wow, a thousand times, wow! Shelby & Maurice, thank you!!!

Room Tip: Each of the 3 casitas has its own unique qualities and views. You can't go wrong with any of th...
Lake Elmo, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

from the time we arrived throughout the entire week, "wow" was repeated over and over... We stayed in the casita called Boca and it was fabulous. The room was perfect, the bed was super comfortable and the patio views of the ocean and mountains were amazing. The food and beverages were also top notch, Shelby is a GREAT cook and accommodated every request we had. The pool area and views of the ocean and whales ware mesmerizing and we found ourselves not wanting to leave Arriba De la Roca and its peaceful and relaxing atmosphere... All that said, and as incredible as it all was, the best part of our vacation was our wonderful hosts Maurice and Shelby; their attention to detail, passion for what they do, anticipation of our every need, and gracious attitudes are the reason we are going back again next year!!!

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

What a beautiful place! I truly cannot say enough about our experience. My husband and I will plan on returning every year. Shelby and Maurice are like family to us and they made us feel at home as soon as we arrived. The peace and tranquility we experienced far exceeded our highest expectations. This truly is a paradise tucked away on a cliff overlooking the ocean. The whales were spectacular and the margaritas weren't bad either. It was the most romantic, breath taking place I've ever visited and we are planning my 50th celebration there. Can't wait!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

....in every way imaginable!!! First, the location....are you kidding me!! Listening to the Pacific ocean smash itself against Arriba de la Roca for a week, left me unsteady on my feet when I returned home. Watching the whale migration for HOURS from atop of Arriba was amazing. Starting each day with a walk along what felt like my own private beach was another bonus I was not expecting. Food and drinks were delicious and abundant. Shelby and Maurice are so warm, generous and intuitive. I needed to "refuel" and they picked up on all the cues. They organized a massage for me, provided me with reading material (that turned out to be soul food) and you just knew that their goal was to make sure you were happy.

I loved my trip to Arriba de la Roca and will return next February - FOR SURE!!!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with room selection!! Each room is beautifully decorated and private.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

This was such an incredible spot....for those of us that have difficulty finding peace in the hurry hurry world, this is the place to go. The location is incredible, on top of a mountain overlooking the very blue Pacific, with whales and the indistinct murmer of fisherman below. Shelby and Maurice treat you as long lost (and much beloved) relatives, the concept of simple abundance was written about Arriba de la ROca. THe food is elegant, but simple, the overall atmosphere is peaceful and spiritual, everything is well appointed and your every need is met. Cannot say enough about it, hope to come on a trip with my sisters, and send my son for his honeymoon.

Room Tip: only a few rooms, and all wonderful
Todos Santos, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Shelby and Mauricio have thrown themselves into this project heart and soul and it shows. Warm, welcoming and engaging, they are always ready to enjoy conversation with guests, yet they also are very sensitive to the desire for privacy, and will never intrude. Their only wish is for their guests to be happy, and they will attend to all the details to perfection, leaving you to be pampered. The place is unpretentious yet elegant. The setting is absolutely stunning and unique to the area. Arriba de le Roca is literally and figuratively above the ordinary!

Room Tip: My favorite is Boca but they are all good
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Arriba de la Roca? Share your experiences!