“Great stay in the Palapas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villas de Cerritos Beach

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in El Pescadero
Villas de Cerritos Beach
You added Villas de Cerritos Beach to your Saves list
500 Cerritos Beach Road - Hwy 19, KM 64, El Pescadero, Todos Santos 23000, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in El Pescadero
Austin, Texas
“Great stay in the Palapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed in the complex several times, this was my first in the new Palapas. These are unique hatched and palo de arco structures.

They are very spacious, with an outdoor shower, kitchenette and living area.

In the unit I stayed in, they had a queen size bed, and futon along with a table in chairs.

The bathroom was quite large for a smaller size unit.

Although the weather was very warm for late October, I had no problems sleeping at night, the design of the units and the cross ventilation were perfect.

The neighboring units were still under construction while I was there, but should be all wrapped up by year end.

These units give the travelers another unique experience at Villas de Cerritos Beach.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Moscow Oblast, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

A great place to rest far away from everything! The service leaded by Miguel is outstanding. I even forgot my jacket and he send it right away by DHL. If you want to turn away from the world and yet feel at home, is the ideal choice. Do NOT FORGET to bring your own food.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This has to be the best place to stay on Cerritos Beach. The staff is second to none, everyone works hard to make your stay unforgettable. You are a just a 3 minute walk to the beach. The weather was perfect during my two weeks at the villas. The pool was great and a late night dip in the hot tub was just what the doctor ordered after a great day at the beach.

Although this trip was during the summer slow season, there were a number of great spots to eat throughout Pescadero. Ask Miguel, he will give you several great suggestions.

Room Tip: there are several options for all budgets, the bungalows are small and quaint, the villas give you a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This was our second time to El Pescadero. We love this location. Our first trip we stayed on the other side of the highway. I loved being closer to the beach! Every second of beach time counts. If you cannot handle relaxation, dirt roads, and the nicest people you will ever meet, this isn't the place for you. I am torn with even telling people about it in order to perserve my special little place! The villas were amazing. We had switched our dates, so we ended up moving on the last night. Both locations were above our expectations. We stayed in unit 13, and 3P. Loved every minute in both of them. The pool and hot tub were nice after a day at the beach. There is also a relaxing area by the pool with a pool table and tables/chairs. You cannot find a better location, you will not regret it. All the grounds keepers were avaliable and helped when we needed. They even turned up the spa for us! Miguel, I cannot thank you enough for making us feel at home.

Hasta pronto!
Johanna

Room Tip: There is construction going on around the villas, but we were up an off to the beach early so it was...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I spent two weeks at the Villas in Feb of this year (2014). Actually, I had booked for 12 days and loved it so much I extended my stay to 14. This is a great place to "get away". Definitely rent a car, I have rented from the National in Cabos twice now with no issues and really great rates. My suggestion is to book online before arriving and avoid the car rental places at the airport. I was fortunate enough to reserve bungalow 15 (Jenn's place). It was well equipped with everything I needed. I especially loved my morning coffee on the rooftop. The outdoor cooking area was great for making breakfast. there are a few really great restaurants in the immediate area. Take a chance and you won't be disappointed. The pool bar/restaurant were great but I spent most of my time at the beach watching the surf. The last 4 days of my trip I was there alone and always felt safe. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I will defintely be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I'm going to write a detailed review here for those who aren't travelling by car to Cerritos (basically all the info I wish I had before arriving!). My boyfriend and I spent 2 nights here at the end of March to surf at Playa Cerritos and to get away from the craziness of Cabo.

We didn't have a car so we took the Aguila bus from the Cabo bus station. Any bus going to La Paz will take you by Cerritos. The driver dropped us off on the highway at the Cerritos beach access road (around KM 65). From there, it was a good 2-3km walk to the Villas. Fortunately, we only ended up walking about 1km before getting a ride in from some local surfers. People are pretty friendly in this area and it's likely someone will stop to offer a ride before too long.

Check in was easy and the receptionist showed us to our studio bungalow. The bathroom was separated from the main space by a half wall and swinging saloon type doors - so not for the shy if you're sharing the room with someone. The main space contained a small kitchen, dining table and a full sized bed (not queen). Everything was clean. The kitchen had a fridge, 2 burners, pots, pans, utensils, etc. so you can cook your own meals. The best feature of our bungalow was the roof top terrace but the only furniture up there was a plastic table (we ended up taking the 2 porch chairs up the spiral staircase). Great for stargazing.

The pool area was really nice with lounge chairs, umbrellas and tables set up around it. There was also a swim up bar but it seemed to only be staffed in the afternoon. The one time we did order margaritas, they were made with orange juice (??) so would recommend sticking to beer or wine. There is a 2 for 1 happy hour from 5-6pm.

Staff at the restaurant were great and the food was pretty good too. Prices are higher than elsewhere in Mexico, but still reasonable. Most items were under $10USD. It is open from 1 or 2pm until 8pm. The wifi in the restaurant area was on/off and slow when it did work so I wouldn't count on using it for work.

Staff in general at the Villas were nice but not many of them were fluent in English. Our Spanish wasn't great so getting directions or explanations for things was sometimes difficult if the guys at reception or the restaurant weren't around.

Beware that unless you bring your own groceries & drinks, dining options will be REALLY limited, especially if you like to eat dinner later (ie. after 7 or 8pm). We had to skip dinner on our first night because we didn't realize everything shuts down after sunset. The only other restaurants within walking distance are Coco Locos (if it's open), the Cerritos Beach Club (closes at sunset, really overpriced), and the Surf Colony (unsure of hours but also overpriced). Los Cardones was closed while we were in town so not sure what's happening there. There is a very small store/market on the beach road from the highway called Brody's but they only carry basics (beer, water, snacks). Next time we would grocery shop in Cabo before heading to Cerritos.

We enjoyed our time in Cerritos though and would recommend the Villas to anyone looking for a relaxing time near one of the best beaches in southern Baja. Just make sure to bring your own food :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
pdx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd time here. We were here a few years ago. They now have electricity and are not on a generator. The wifi is a bit spotty, but they do have it near the pool.They offer free DVDs as well. This is a great place for a couple or a family. They offer nice clean rooms. Be sure to stop by a grocery store on the way.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Villas de Cerritos Beach? Share your experiences!