Well my wife and I just stayed there the week of August 12th thru the 18th for our honeymoon. We got married the 11th and flew down the 12th. We were a lil nervous at first being our first time out of country. No reason really to be though.
I knew to rent a car ahead of time. This is really a must and well worth the price. I fully recommend visiting Antiono at Cactus Car rental. Its in the Economy car rental lot away from the airport. You can get their number online. We had a Volkswagon Jetta for the whole week for $250 USD included everything (insurance and such...). A shuttle ride from the airport to the resort is $160 USD one way! Just a heads up. Also definetly recommend getting groceries in Cabo San Lucas on the way to the resort. They have a walmart and costco you can stop by.
We got to the resort and wasnt hard to find. We were greeted by Matt. He is from the states originally so his English is on par. He showed us our room. We stayed in a studio right on the beachfront and was well worth it for just the 2 of us. The fridge is a lil small but no worries we made everything work out. The roofs are thatched (old palm tree leaves) and they do not have AC simply because it wouldnt keep the air in with the roof design. But it was nice with the ocean breeze and celing fan. This was my only downfall that took awhile to get used to was no AC. The studio was very nice and quiet. There was construction going on behind ours and it barely made any noise. Rumors of it being loud are FALSE! The bathroom was very nice and my wife loved the tile work in the shower and counters!
The ocean is merely 50 ft from your room front. The resort is secluded which is nice because you dont have overpacked beaches and you can get away from everything and RELAX!!! which was very hard for us to do the first few days. Everyone we met though was very nice and friendly. The staff at the bar was very pleasant to deal with and spoke enough English so our food always came out right. The bar only ran out of one item while we were there and it was only for a few hours. Cant even remember what it was but wasnt a big deal at all. Everything that came out of the bar was VERY DELICIOUS!! food was fresh and drinks were great. The bill can add up quick though so just be careful. We had everything charged to our room for the week and paid it at the end of the week during checkout. We ate at the resort everyday pretty much. It was interesting that it RAINED while we were there during 2 days. Talking to the locals they loved it because they havent had any good rain for 4 years!!! That blew my mind but glad they got the rain. It turns all the plants in the desert a nice green color. and it really dried up fast. The rain is a nice cooling in the heat. but not so cold you dont want to play in it lol.
There is a few towns close by that are definetly worth checking out. Matt was great at giving us recommendations! Do check out Pizza Napoli!!! very cheap and very authentic. laid back place and the pizza was very delicious. U could drive right by it on the way to Todos Santos. Todos Santos was a nice cultured town that gives you a sense of the arts there. Alot of shops and art studios. We ate lunch one day at the REAL Hotel California. Great food! Even snagged a bottle of their tequila that I was able to bring back. We unfortunately didnt get a chance to get into Pascadero, Heard it was really nice though. Alot of people we met were raving about a bar before the resort call art and beer. We didnt get to check it out but wish we would have. We did visit Cabo San Lucas one day to check it out, do some shopping and visit Cabo Wabo for lunch and another bottle of tequila. Neat experience but we were ready to get back to the resort!
We did get to take a tour of the 2 bedrooms and they are very nice! We are planning on going back again and when we do we are staying in a 2 bedroom just because of the space it provides. The studio was nice for us 2 but we want to share this place with friends and family. I have been all over the East coast and this place by far blows out alot of places I have ever been. Up and coming place and will be even more beatiful when its complete.
I would recommend getting down there if and when you can. Enjoy the relaxing and sun. The drink go down easy and the food is great. Matt is there to help and he is familiar with the area so head his advice. Do visit the Hacienda on the cliff. Very nice place to check out and the views are unspeakable. Do take a flashlight though so you can see better at night. The maid service was excellent and they came everyday!
Matt, Diego, and the rest of the crew ...... I will see you again soon !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cerritos Surf Colony is located on world famous Cerritos Beach with a reputation frequently noted in Surfer Magazine for champion surfing. Cerritos Beach is the best beach in Cabo, and voted first runner up in Los Cabos Magazine! Cerritos Surf Colony is a neighbor to both the Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel (a majestic mansion hotel located on a private cliff at the shore of the ocean), and the celebrity frequented hot spot Cerritos Beach Club & Surf where you can get surfing lessons, board rental, and great food.Cerritos Surf Colony is a beach front resort of Mayan inspiration and thatched palm roofs. The free standing studio, one, two, and four bedroom villas are solar energy assisted. Enjoy our amazing swimming pool and bar, surf the waves out your back door , climb the Sierra de la Lagunas, explore the artist colony of Todos Santos, or just lay back in your own palm shaded hammock.ATV rental, horseback riding, kayaking, fishing, art gallery walks, hiking Triple Waterfall, Voluntourism, massage, are just some of the things to enjoy here in Baja California. Los Cerritos provides simplicity, tranquility and a break from city life that you have been longing for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Cerritos Surf Colony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerritos Surf Colony Hotel El Pescadero
- Cerritos Surf Colony Mexico/El Pescadero - Todos Santos