My wife and I drove from Cabo to Cerritos just to stay at this resort and surf for 2 days this last may. The people at the big resort Hacienda Cerritos which is amaziing and on the rock cliff near by, manage this hotel as well and were very nice! They even let us use the pool up at Hacienda Cerritos as the one at the Surf Colony was not done yet. The inside of the rooms were very nice and clean. The big problem is that there was no Security at the gate or anywhere on site. Also there was not one other person staying in any of the other bungalo's! So with us having the only car in the parking lot, just in front of the only building with lights on, on a wide open beach area, it just was not safe! We had to pack up our stuff and drive back the hour and 20 mins to Cabo that evening and miss out on surfing the next day. I left several messages for the people that manage the resort to explain and share my experience but they have not responded. I mean it when I say I was really bummed that I spent the money to stay there but couldn't because of safety.
- Also Known As:
- Cerritos Surf Colony Hotel El Pescadero
- Cerritos Surf Colony Hotel
- Cerritos Surf Colony Mexico/El Pescadero, Todos Santos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cerritos Surf Colony is located on world famous Cerritos Beach with a reputation frequently noted in Surfer Magazine for champion surfing. Cerritos Beach is the best beach in Cabo, and voted first runner up in Los Cabos Magazine! Cerritos Surf Colony is a neighbor to both the Hacienda Cerritos Boutique Hotel (a majestic mansion hotel located on a private cliff at the shore of the ocean), and the celebrity frequented hot spot Cerritos Beach Club & Surf where you can get surfing lessons, board rental, and great food.Cerritos Surf Colony is a beach front resort of Mayan inspiration and thatched palm roofs. The free standing studio, one, two, and four bedroom villas are solar energy assisted. Enjoy our amazing swimming pool and bar, surf the waves out your back door , climb the Sierra de la Lagunas, explore the artist colony of Todos Santos, or just lay back in your own palm shaded hammock.ATV rental, horseback riding, kayaking, fishing, art gallery walks, hiking Triple Waterfall, Voluntourism, massage, are just some of the things to enjoy here in Baja California. Los Cerritos provides simplicity, tranquility and a break from city life that you have been longing for. ... more less