“enjoyable weekend away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Countryair Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ramsey
Countryair Bed & Breakfast
You added Countryair Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Tinker Street, 2 Ramsey Cottages, Ramsey CO12 5LS, England (Formerly Farm Cottage B&B)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Ramsey B&B and Inns
Watford
“enjoyable weekend away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

I had a great stay in farm cottage, my partner and I have returned time after time, this must be our 15th visit to the area and we've stayed at farm cottage on each occasion. The location is remarkable, close to the sea, Port, town e.g.. The service me and my partner recived was the best service I could ever wish for no matter what I needed to ask the owner was there to answer all my questions and help me out no matter what I needed. As soon as you get into the beds you never want to leave them as they are so comftable and warm.
I thank Andy Durrant for a great stay and I hope to see him real soon.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

We arrived at the Farm Cottage in Tinker Street on Boxing Day, Saturday 26th December 2009, in the evening. We stayed for 1 night and checked out on Sunday 27th December. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised at the high standard of the accommodation, having stayed recently during the past 6-9 months at BB Hotels in Manningtree and Harwich which were just not in the same league as the Farm Cottage. Andy was very hospitable and our rooms were lovely and comfortable. Everything in the cottage was very clean and tidy. Breakfast was absolutely delcicious, there was lots of it and it was definitely value for money!

My partner, Graham, and I stayed in a really lovely bedroom and Graham's twin daughters (aged 10) also had a lovely bedroom. The reason that we booked the Farm Cottage was because we were visiting Graham's parents who live in Dovercourt, Harwich to celebrate Christmas with them and there isn't enough room for us to stay overnight at their house. I found the Farm Cottage on the internet and I am so glad that we booked it and stayed there. I would definitely recommend the Farm Cottage to friends/acquaintances. Rest assured, that we will definitely be going back to the Farm Cottage in 2010 - Sonia Harry and Graham Mobbs, 29th December 2009

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
SHEFFIELD ENGLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

We stayed at this bed and breakfast for two seperate nights, it was fantastic great welcome made to feel at home straight away. All home cooked meals nothing was to much trouble for Andy the proprietor. I will be revisting this bed and breakfast again and will have no problem recomending to all freinds and family.
You will have no problems at all finding the b&b and once again i would highly recomend and i cannot say how nice it was to go somewhere like this these days and not feel like another customer but more like a freind.
THANKS AGAIN ANDY A STAR

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Holland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

I arrived at Harwich at 2030 from Holland on my motorbike. I had arranged to stay at Farm Cottage and continue my journey to London the next day. Boy, was I glad, the road coming out of Harwich is 2 lane unlit and very dangerous for motorcyclists with all the cars roaring past. I arrived to a very friendly welcome and a superb hot meal. Andy went out of his way to make my visit a great one. Breakfast was also fantastic so I can whole heatedly recommend this B&B to everyone. You won't be disappointed. 5 Stars Andy.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
welshpool
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

The property is just a semi-detatched house with a static caravan in the car park and situated on a busy main road (Day and Night). The property is grubby with the taps covered in lime scale and look as though they have not been cleaned for weeks. To use the toilet and bathroom you have to go through the small dining room and the kitchen, good job we were the only one's there. The visitors lounge had three dirty ashtrays and obviously smelt of smoke. At breakfast emptying our cups we saw they were badly stained on the inside bottom, obviously neede a good cleaning.

All i all it is not a place we would ever go back to.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

I was traveling to Denmark with DFDS from Harwich and stayed at this little cosy B&B for 2 nights before departing for Denmark.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the level of service that I experienced. Andy let me arrive a day early with a scooter for storage at the B&B at no additional cost so that I could have all my belongings at Harwich early and this allowed me time to drive back to Oxford with my rental and take my time the next day for the travel to Harwich.
Andy even picked me up from the train-station and drove me to the B&B. And 2 days later he drove me and my luggage down to the harbor to ease my traveling. All at no extra cost to me.

The service was excellent and it seemed like Andy and his spouse wanted to go out of their way to make my stay pleasant.
The breakfast and dinner were very good and if there is any downside to be mentioned it would have to be that the portions were too big. :)

The internet at their place worked well and the room and toilets were very nice and adequate in size.
Andy let me know that if I needed anything then I should not hesitate to let him know and told me that if I wanted to help myself for tee or coffee then I was welcome to do so at any time.

The only guests that might experience any inconvenience at this wonderful B&B would have to be handicapped guests. The stairs are quite steep but not too steep for guests for normal mobility.

The B&B was clean and tidy and felt very homely. The garden surrounding it was spacious and I can only imagine how nice it looks now that the summer is upon us.
Andy and his spouse also have quite an extensive knowledge of the hiking-routes in the area and recommended some routes to me even though I did not go hiking these days.

All in all a place that I wholeheartedly recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing stay at a country-B&B where they really understand the meaning of the word service.

With gratitude
Vilhelm Hendrik í Skálanum (from the Faroe Islands)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

Farm Cottage B&B
Tinker Street
Essex
info@farmcottage.org.uk
www.farmcottage.org.uk

My husband and I spent the weekend at a lovely little B&B next to the A120 about 2 miles outside Harwich. Andy and Lynda, the owners, were very friendly and welcoming. The room cost only £35.00 per night, NOT per PERSON! The room was small, cozy, clean and was adequate for our needs. A complimentary bottle of wine and bottled water was available in the room too. No tea or coffee making equipment was available but Andy was more than happy to make us any hot drinks we wanted every five minuets if we wanted them, or we could help ourselves. In the morning we had a wonderful, rather filling breakfast, cereal, toast and full English breakfast cooked by Andy. An evening meal was offered at £7.50 each, which again was well cooked and very filling. My husband is a Lacto Vegetarian and this did not faze Andy at all offering a vegetarian alternative.

On the down side. The bathroom and toilets were downstairs but in saying that there was plenty of hot water and the bathroom was very well appointed. The stairs were extremely steep which caused me some problems. However, I do have problems with stairs, any stairs, so anyone fit and healthy would have no problems.

Smoking was not allowed in any of the rooms other than in the living room.

• Liked — hygiene. friendlyness
  • Disliked — stairs
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Farmcottage, Owner at Countryair Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, February 19, 2009
Thanks for your honest and constructive review Jane, we are glad you enjoyed your stay, you are welcome back any time, we also enjoyed your company very much. For the record we do have larger double rooms but at £45 per night which also inc full English breakfast. Sadly the stairs we can do little about F.C being a Victorian Cottage with a typical period staircase. Part of it's charm we think.

Again, many thanks Jane.

Kind regards, Andy

Been to Countryair Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!