I stayed at the Villa de Versonnex with a few girlfriends and my mother in July 2012. We were in the area for a wedding. Although you will definitely need a rental car while staying here, grocery stores, shops, and little restaurants are not a far drive away.
What I enjoyed the most about the Villa:
- Buying fresh food, cooking dinner each night, and eating outside on the patio
- A much more 'homey' feel than a hotel. Enjoyed hanging out in the dining/livingroom and not being limited to having just one room as in a hotel. Also, little touches, like window box flowers and a 'gnasty' gnome.
- The little village of Versonnex. So quiet and peaceful. Enjoyed walking through the neighborhood; my friend would go for jogs in the morning, my mom enjoyed practicing French with the locals
What would have made our stay better:
- Fresh towels (after five days, I was using the same towel)
- Soaps for the bathroom
Overall, I truly enjoyed my time and would be happy to stay there if I was in the area again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Sylvie Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.