“WOW - Everything about this place is perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Bio Agriturismo Il Vigno to your Saves list
Bio Agriturismo Il Vigno
Loc. Il Vigno 262, 52033 Caprese Michelangelo, Italy   |
Ilkeston
“WOW - Everything about this place is perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We have just got back from 3 amazing nights at Il Vigno and cannot recommend this place enough. Giulio and Alise were very welcoming and friendly and there will do anything they can to help. Giulio gave us recommendations for local places to visit and eat and even lent us a local map and umbrellas when we needed them. They were the perfect hosts.

The place itself is absolutely stunning as is the location. We are a family with girls aged 8 and 5 and stayed in the cottage which had 2 separate bedrooms and a really beautiful and spacious upstairs kitchen and living area. It has been restored to a really high standard and there are stunning views from every window as well as its own covered terrace area.

The breakfast and dinner were fantastic. The breakfast was lovely especially the homemade sweet pie/tarts which were gorgeous and the tasting dinner menu was superb as was the wine selection.

Our girls loved Gomez the dog who happily came walking with us every morning as well as the selection of cats, deer and wild pigs. We would love to return when the weather is warmer so we can use the pool which has the most spectacular view.

There is so much to see in the local area but it is also just a great place to relax and get away from it all. We loved everything about our stay and will recommend this place to everyone we know and hopefully we will be back again soon. Thank you Giulio and Alise!

Room Tip: The cottage is perfect for families with 2 separate bedrooms and plenty of space.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

AMAZING! I guess i am not the first to describe Il Vigno like this and surely will not be the last, but we really had wonderful 4 days of our honey moon there. We travelled through Montenegro, Croatia, Italy and France on our honey moon and always stayed in B&B and this by far was the best one of all! I don't know where should I start? The apartment was beautiful and spacious, decorated perfectly and giving you the total comfort we needed. It was very clean and it was cleaned once we were there (4 days in total). I really felt like home there. The views are spectacular, the food prepared by the owners was very good and a lot! We were able to taste typical italian food of the region. Guilio&Alice were very helpful and at the end of our stay it felt more like a friendship. They were very careful and accommodating with our diet requirements which felt very comforting. The houses were amazingly restored by the owners and are just wonderful and give a good feeling. We are definitely going back one day, probably in the spring.

Eerything was perfect. One thing totally not connected with the place at all- for those of you who go to Tuscany for the first time (like us),prepare for the small hilly roads offering breathtaking views of the countryside, but proving to be a small challenge for me ( not for my husband).

Room Tip: rooms are great. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment and it was spacious enough. There is no AC but...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I love this place. I did cry when we left!! Aim for Lama and you find it easily. When we drove up we were met by Giulio who offered us a welcome drink. Our room in the main house was lovely with beautiful views out every window. Breakfast was delightful and served in the bar where there are five tables. The taster meals in the evening were incredible. Cooked by Giulio & his wife Alise using traditional receipes & all local produce. Giulio & Alise were helpful & friendly and made our six nights very memorable. We left wanting to stay longer if not indefinitely!!!!!! I strongly recommend staying here you won't regret it.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Leixlip
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I agree with all reviews below. Myself and my wife stayed there for a week after our wedding. it is an excellent place to stay while you are in Tuscany! The owners Alice and Giulio are lovely people and always there for you. The tasting menu dinner it's a must to try - a real home made Italian food, everything we had was delicious and I can't find words to describe how much we loved it.
When you want to travel around east Tuscany it's a grate place to start, it's also great if you just want to stay there and relax by the pool with a spectacular view and enjoy Italian wine and food!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Wow Wow Wow! I stayed at Il Vigno for two weeks right in the middle of my three month adventure in Europe and there couldn't have been a more perfect place at a more perfect time. I had no trouble finding il Vigno and being from Colorado the road was not that difficult to drive. The owners Alice and Giulio were amazing from the time I arrived until after I had left. Giulio is very helpful and knowledgeable of the area and will go out of his way to make your holiday most enjoyable. My room was perfect; very comfy, quiet and relaxing. There is a community kitchen you can use if you want and a small market just down the road. Perfect place to get away from it all and the scenery is stunningly beautiful. Relaxing by the pool, reading a book in the hammock, taking a walk through the forest, drinking wine on the terrace....it doesn't get much better than that! Well wait it does....THE FOOD! The breakfasts are simply perfect, my favorite part of the day and dinner (not enough room for me to explain). Everything I had was superb, loved the food, real authentic Italian food at its best!! Going in I had all these plans to visit nearby places and eat here and eat there but once I arrived I felt so at home and at peace it was difficult to ever leave. I do believe I shed a few tears upon departure. An experience I will not soon forget and look forward to returning in the future. Alice and Giulio are absolutely wonderful!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Brno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We (me, my husband and my daughter) stayed 7 nights in Il Vigno. It was very nice stay. I can not agree that it is difficult to find the place. For us it was easy - just follow the signs. And road?! Of course, it is not a first-class road but it is normal road between forests. The house is located on a quiet, romantic place. Ideal for honeymoon, relax and for trips around Tuscany. Accommodation is large enough, with small equipped kitchen and clean. In the house is free wi-fi and a computer for guests. Pool is also clean and nice.
Breakfasts and dinners ... ohhh ... every morning freshly baked cake, crostini, caprese, cheese, prosciutto, truffles, homemade pasta ... the food was just amazing!! And wine!
Alice and Giulio are great hosts, very helpful. And Gomez ... very friendly ...
I loved that place and atmosphere. Grazie mille Alice & Giulio

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Denderleeuw, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is by far the best B&B experience we had in al these years. The owners are very friendly, helpfull people. The view is great and the silence even greater. It is indeed (as we read from other guests) not easy to reach. The road is quite difficult with a normal car, but when you did it once or twice, you get used to it. So it was not a problem.

When you are interested, you can do some nice long walks in the forest and hills around the place. Beside the great meals the owner prepare a couple of times in the week, there are also some nice restaurants in the neighborhood.

I would recommend this to everybody who likes Tuscany/Umbrië and B&B's.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Bio Agriturismo Il Vigno? Share your experiences!