“Nice hotel in a good location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
3 x 2 Promotion
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Campeche

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
france
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

Hi,

We did ask for a reservation through the hotel website gigving our credit car number.

Then, we had no news of the reservations, no confirmation email, no acknowledgment of the request ,... nothing !

So, we booked another hotel and spent the night there !

Then, we saw on our credit card that they did took the money (twice the usual price of the room for one night).
We emailed the hotel but no answer .....

My only advice is to choose another hotel .....

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Geneva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2007

Excellent experience.
Clean and comfortable rooms with great TV.
Good location although not located in the nice old city. Many attractions near by (on foot).
Very good food (breakfaste at least).
Big pool although a little dirty.
Excellent service.

Note: I stayed in the "Piso Ejecutivo" (the top-level rooms). There you have an exclusive lounge with free food, drinks and snacks all day long. There is also free internet access (4 PCs)

Stayed July 2005
fwb
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2007

I stayed at the Del Mar hotel for one night June 13,2007, on the executive floor. Beside the breathtaking view of the ocean, the room and bathroom were lovely. I also had free wireless internet access from my room. The service, from the bellboy to the room service person. was excellent. My only complaint is that I cannot stay a few more days. I will certainly be back.

• Liked — The fantastic view
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sicily, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for only one night and I dind't like it at all. The only good thing is its location, very close to the centre. For the rest I think it needs some refurbishment work. The hall is very old fashioned, as are the corridors and hotels room. My room had a very noisy air conditioning, that once on wouldn't allow to sleep. I didn't like the breakfast service as well, very poor in variety. I cannot say anything about the service, bacause I only stayed there for 1 night along my 10 days tour of mexico and my tour leader dealt with the personnel for most of our needs.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The interiors
  • Stayed March 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2006

I have stayed at this Hotel several times, and i was well taken care of ! The staff make sure you are comfortable.I have stayed at other hotels in Campeche, but i like this one.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2005

I had just been been evacuated from Cancun, because of Hurricane Wilma, and was send to the Campeche. The Hotel has all the requirements for visiting the historical town of campeche. Its a colonial town dating back to the era of colonial mexico. I loved the people and food of this hotel, who made me forget the hurricane all together.

• Stayed October 2005

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Del Mar? Share your experiences!