stayed here for 3 nights as a couple with our teenage son. We stayed in a luxury 2 story condo that was very comfortable. Our son slept on a futon on the first floor and we had a king bed on the second. Although there was a door the areas still communicate because none of the walls reach the ceiling The unit we stayed in was independently owned and rented out. All units have gorgeous views of the beach below and beautiful sunsets. Our unit had a small plunge pool which we used quite a bit. The pacific ocean is swimmable but there is surf consistently. Beach is great, white sand, plenty of seating and someone to help arrange. Restuarant good. They will reserve a table if you want. Food was well prepared and there was enough variety for a few days.
The resort is built on a hill so there are many many steps to get to spa, room, reception etc. there is no gym so I jogged every morning. Hard as it is almost all up and down. There is daily yoga which was not strenuous. One can walk to the next beach which is Playa Gigante. There are a few places to eat there although we did not try them fr dinner. Take a flashlight if you plan on going. There is a great TACO stand worth trying!
Rooms are very hot in the middle of the day because the sun hits them in the afternoon. Internet in the rooms is NOT GREAT. You can get it in the restaurant.
One issue I saw others had is that of the billing. Somehow things get confused as one gives the name of the room verbally and this can lead to confusion. However our bill was promptly revised when we saw the erroneous charges.
I think the resort would be improved with the addition of a gym, a better way of charging rooms and in room internet access. We would go back, the resort is absolutely beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a luxury eco-resort with a focus on wellness. The yoga platform overlooks our private beach in protected Redonda bay. Accommodations are well appointed luxury treetop villas built with a dramatic vantage over the bay, full kitchens, private plunge pools, teak + Balinese showers and wraparound decks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aqua Wellness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Wellness Hotel Playa Gigante
- Aqua Wellness Resort Nicaragua/Playa Gigante