Just spent six nights at the resort with my wife and can't say enough great things about Aqua. The location is beautiful; service and food were first rate as well. Like others, I had some concerns after reading some of the reviews on here. I am glad I didn't let them change our vacation plans, as we would have missed the best vacation of our 15 year marriage. Other couples and families we met thoroughly enjoyed themselves as well. It wasn't as if our experience was unique.
My wife and I are experienced travelers, and we suspect this resort is best for those who have traveled outside of the U.S. before and those whose lives are ordinarily busy. Redonda Bay is spectacular and peaceful to the point that we found it impossible to get worked up over service, etc. That said, my wife and I also found the staff to be professional and diligent far beyond our expections.
Our experience on our last night there is a good illustration. There was a sea turtle hatch on the beach right in the middle of our dinner, and everyone- - staff and guests together- - stopped what they were doing to get up and point the newly hatched sea turtles to the ocean. Never seen or experienced anything quite like that before and doubt we will again. We have nothing but good things to say about Aqua and hope to be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua is a luxurious eco- and wellness resort with a private white-sand beach on Nicaragua's picturesque Emerald Coast. Guest accommodations are set in beautifully crafted Tree Houses on a wooded hillside overlooking the ocean. All have decks; some have full kitchens and outdoor plunge pools. Guests enjoy yoga classes, spa treatments and hiking, and water activities including stand-up paddle boarding, snorkeling, kayaking, surfing and fishing. Our guides take guests for excursions to nearby colonial cities, parks and volcanoes. Aqua's open-air bar/lounge and restaurant, with its wood-burning pizza oven and menu of healthy international cuisine made with local ingredients, are directly adjacent to the beach. The lush forest that envelops Aqua is alive with spider and howler monkeys, and a wide variety of colorful tropical birds. Aqua is the perfect spot for a destination wedding, a honeymoon, an active family vacation -- or a serene getaway where you can enjoy nature and one of the most idyllic beaches in Nicaragua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Aqua Wellness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Wellness Hotel Playa Gigante
- Aqua Wellness Resort Nicaragua/Playa Gigante