My family of four (husband, myself, son age 14, daughter age 11) stayed here for two days after a week of climbing volcanoes and other adventures in Nicaragua. We immediately relaxed upon entering this beautiful resort, which consists of about 25 small wooden houses built on stilts and other scaffolding in the side of the mountain, overlooking a small cove bay. The restaurant and bar are at the very bottom, on the gorgeous, secluded, white sand beach, and the reception area is at the top. The bungalows traverse the hill, making for much climbing to get anywhere. The atmosphere is extremely tranquil, but you are indeed isolated from anything. The resort offers trips to numerous spots on the western side of the country, but most are at least a two hour drive each way. Best to do your touring from a different locale, and come here to just chill out, do,yoga, eat well, and enjoy the peace and quiet. The bungalows are really nice, well equipped, and extremely clean. The restaurant is good, and serves all locally grown food - everything was very very Fran, including the most flavorful greens I have ever had. You are provided with a local cell phone that is preprogrammed to call the reception and the spa, so you do not have to walk all the steps. Yoga on the beach is outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua is a luxurious eco- and wellness resort with a private white-sand beach on Nicaragua's picturesque Emerald Coast. Guest accommodations are set in beautifully crafted Tree Houses on a wooded hillside overlooking the ocean. All have decks; some have full kitchens and outdoor plunge pools. Guests enjoy yoga classes, spa treatments and hiking, and water activities including stand-up paddle boarding, snorkeling, kayaking, surfing and fishing. Our guides take guests for excursions to nearby colonial cities, parks and volcanoes. Aqua's open-air bar/lounge and restaurant, with its wood-burning pizza oven and menu of healthy international cuisine made with local ingredients, are directly adjacent to the beach. The lush forest that envelops Aqua is alive with spider and howler monkeys, and a wide variety of colorful tropical birds. Aqua is the perfect spot for a destination wedding, a honeymoon, an active family vacation -- or a serene getaway where you can enjoy nature and one of the most idyllic beaches in Nicaragua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, T4B, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Aqua Wellness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Wellness Hotel Playa Gigante
- Aqua Wellness Resort Nicaragua/Playa Gigante