We stayed at Aqua with our family. My parents bucked up and got a beach front place and we saved our money and stayed up the hill. We are athletic and the stairs up and down were still a bit of a challenge. I am home now, and feel like I am in better shape than when I left. The resort does not have a gym, so it is kind of nice that you can get a sufficient cardio workout on the stairs. Also, all of the stairs in the resort make for amazing views from every villa.
The beach front def has perks though. My parents had a kitchen in their villa and would take cocktail breaks easily with only a few stairs to their kitchen from the beach.
The food at the resort is good, but the service is slower than I would prefer. I recomend taking a book, or playing cards if you have lunch by the beach bar. The view from the bar is amazing, so just relax instead of letting the slow service get to you.
I cannot think of a better place to do yoga than at Aqua, the view is amazing from the yoga platform. The yoga itself is taught for many levels, so do not be scared to try it out even if you have never done yoga before.
Do not leave without venturing out of the resort to Playa Gigante. The walk is not difficult and it takes only about 20 minutes. You will be able to experience Nicaraguan cuisine and see the culture in this nearby fishing village. Also, the store over there has almost everything that you could possibly need. From Playa Gigante there are two more walkable beaches, that are worth visiting if you have the energy. On the last beach, called Colorado, you can get water and have a snack at the Iguana private beach club. Don't be scared of it being called private, they served us a few times without any questions asked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua is a luxurious eco- and wellness resort with a private white-sand beach on Nicaragua's picturesque Emerald Coast. Guest accommodations are set in beautifully crafted Tree Houses on a wooded hillside overlooking the ocean. All have decks; some have full kitchens and outdoor plunge pools. Guests enjoy yoga classes, spa treatments and hiking, and water activities including stand-up paddle boarding, snorkeling, kayaking, surfing and fishing. Our guides take guests for excursions to nearby colonial cities, parks and volcanoes. Aqua's open-air bar/lounge and restaurant, with its wood-burning pizza oven and menu of healthy international cuisine made with local ingredients, are directly adjacent to the beach. The lush forest that envelops Aqua is alive with spider and howler monkeys, and a wide variety of colorful tropical birds. Aqua is the perfect spot for a destination wedding, a honeymoon, an active family vacation -- or a serene getaway where you can enjoy nature and one of the most idyllic beaches in Nicaragua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Aqua Wellness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Wellness Hotel Playa Gigante
- Aqua Wellness Resort Nicaragua/Playa Gigante