We stayed at Aqua with our family. My parents bucked up and got a beach front place and we saved our money and stayed up the hill. We are athletic and the stairs up and down were still a bit of a challenge. I am home now, and feel like I am in better shape than when I left. The resort does not have a gym, so it is kind of nice that you can get a sufficient cardio workout on the stairs. Also, all of the stairs in the resort make for amazing views from every villa.
The beach front def has perks though. My parents had a kitchen in their villa and would take cocktail breaks easily with only a few stairs to their kitchen from the beach.
The food at the resort is good, but the service is slower than I would prefer. I recomend taking a book, or playing cards if you have lunch by the beach bar. The view from the bar is amazing, so just relax instead of letting the slow service get to you.
I cannot think of a better place to do yoga than at Aqua, the view is amazing from the yoga platform. The yoga itself is taught for many levels, so do not be scared to try it out even if you have never done yoga before.
Do not leave without venturing out of the resort to Playa Gigante. The walk is not difficult and it takes only about 20 minutes. You will be able to experience Nicaraguan cuisine and see the culture in this nearby fishing village. Also, the store over there has almost everything that you could possibly need. From Playa Gigante there are two more walkable beaches, that are worth visiting if you have the energy. On the last beach, called Colorado, you can get water and have a snack at the Iguana private beach club. Don't be scared of it being called private, they served us a few times without any questions asked.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Wellness Hotel
- Aqua Wellness Hotel Playa Gigante
- Aqua Wellness Resort Nicaragua/Playa Gigante
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a luxury eco-resort with a focus on wellness. The yoga platform overlooks our private beach in protected Redonda bay. Accommodations are well appointed luxury treetop villas built with a dramatic vantage over the bay, full kitchens, private plunge pools, teak + Balinese showers and wraparound decks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with EasyToBook, Expedia, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Aqua Wellness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.