We stayed at Aqua for 5 days, four nights. Four of us traveled together, specifically two couples in their thirties who left all the kids at home, looking for relaxation on the Pacific shore. We totally found paradise.
We stayed at Yuca Villa which was high on the hillside (above the gong) but we truly enjoyed the slightly more isolated location. I would re-iterate what all the other five-circle rated reviews say about the accommodations, well constructed, clean, amazing plunge pool to cool off after a hike, amazing views and yes, there are going to be bugs. You are in Central America, that comes with the territory of tree top living. We actually enjoyed the longer walk to the beach, helped us burn off all those calories from the delicious food at the restaurant below.
Always felt safe and we loved that the resort was not teeming with staff, ready to wait on you. We loved the minimalist beach with no umbrellas but shade trees instead and very comfy hammocks and chairs scattered about. The beach was always sparsely populated, if not deserted.
To address some of the concerns posted by previous posters:
- Yes food service takes a while, but we never had anything to rush to anyhow, so waiting 30 minutes was never a big deal.
- At peak holiday times, the resort may get more overwhelmed or crowded feeling, but we never got that sense during our stay in mid February.
- Staff was always helpful in a non-overbearing way and never rude or dismissive.
Among the four of us (extremely opinionated folk), we only had trivial suggestions for Aqua which will hopefully illustrate how perfect our vacation was.
- To minimize waste production, do away with the straws. Who really needs them anyway?
- Make it easier to have breakfast after yoga either by making yoga earlier than 9am or by making breakfast available a bit later.
- Massages were wonderful because we could communicate in spanish, however both of our masseuses had very limited english comprehension which could make a less than ideal experience if you don't speak spanish.
Aqua is an exceptional vacation for the appropriate vacationer. Yes it is a splurge for most of us travelers but worth every penny. We hope it remains the amazing place that it is for many more travelers to fall in love with.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Wellness Hotel Playa Gigante
- Aqua Wellness Hotel
- Aqua Wellness Resort Nicaragua/Playa Gigante
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a luxury eco-resort with a focus on wellness. The yoga platform overlooks our private beach in protected Redonda bay. Accommodations are well appointed luxury treetop villas built with a dramatic vantage over the bay, full kitchens, private plunge pools, teak + Balinese showers and wraparound decks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Regatta Hotels, Tingo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Aqua Wellness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.