“Great relax” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ganesha Bali Coral Reef Villas

You added Ganesha Bali Coral Reef Villas to your Saves list
Ganesha Bali Coral Reef Villas
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Jalan Desa Ume Anyar, Seririt, Bali 81153, Indonesia   |
Krakow, Poland
“Great relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Quite far from the airport but you can ask villas' manager for transport. On your way it's really worth to stop and visit Ulun Danu Temple and Beratan Lake (half-way). Be prepare there could be a little cold and misty especially late afternoon as it is mountains area. Anyway you should to see that. Try also fresh strawberry juice at Lake View restaurant just opposite site.
When you reach Ganesha Villas you will be amused. Quiet place with good food. Beautiful black beaches (by the way could be cleaner).
Villas are fantastic. Directly from your bed, without getting up, you can see rice field and the sea. All villas are spacious, don't know why in some descriptions you can find that it is about 10sqm? Breakfast time are really flexible. If you get up at 12.00 is still ok. Not very big but nice and clean swimming pool.
There is Doni working for Ganesha Villas. He is diving instructor and can organize for you snorkeling or diving package (Deer Island is fantastic to go for that), transport and whatever you want. If you have no idea what to do, ask him. Helpful and charming.
If you would like go for some fun, restaurant, pubs, shops go to the Lovina beach (great to see just that beach anyway).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I chose the ocean facing Irian Jaya room. It was comfortable, very spacious and felt very private. The bay window opens onto the rice paddy terraces and make a perfect day bed for reading and napping. The place spells serenity. The most dynamic aspect of the property is the crashing ocean surf, audible from bed, a perfect way to begin each sunny day.
The staff were very helpful and would discreetly assist with placing towels on my slippers when I went for a dip into the sea. They recommended a day trip to Menjangan Island for scuba. There, I experienced a really good refresher diving course easing back into the sport after a decade long hiatus, clocking a total of 90 minutes of diving. The coral reef was stunning, the fish vibrant and the waters clear and calm. The diving team were experienced and knew the various spots around the island like the back of their hand. Back at the villas, end the day with the fried banana dessert. All quite perfect.
The landscaping on the property includes a rice paddy field, terraced into four sections with a walkway in the center lined with soft grass that made going barefoot a welcome treat.
I only realized on my last day there that there isn't TV. The best visuals are the ocean views, and who needs TV when you have a swim in the ocean to look forward to? For nature lovers.
Downside: it is a long journey from the airport to Seririt. However, if it is a different side of Bali that you are looking forward to, this could be it. Perhaps the hotel could provide bedroom slippers, that would be a nice touch.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed at the Ganesha Resort for eight nights and it was hard to leave! I would have stayed longer and definitely I will try my best to return.
It is a very peaceful place in the remote north of Bali (but still Lovina is close enough by motorbike or car to go out for drinks or dinner), if you are looking for a quiet place away from mass tourism - that's the perfect place! The place has a special aura, maybe through the little temple and holy tree at the seaside... Well. The villas are very nice, bright, at high standard, well furnished e.g. with a daybed in the window, spacious and with a beautiful view over the rice field and ocean behind (I had the seaview villa Bali). It is a small resort and privacy / intimacy is kept. Also the pool area is nice arranged and the pool itself big enough to swim a bit. All the staff is very lovely, the manager Sandra makes always sure you feel comfortable and your requests are fulfilled.They offer some nice tours, especially of course for diving (I am not a diver...), I did a great trekking tour with their guide Doni. The breakfast is rich and the menu offers from small snacks to big meals from indosnesion to western dishes - prepared by a good chef!
Furthermore I enjoyed different treatments by Iloh at their Spa - what I highly recommend to do! And well last but not least to mention, for those who are interested, the owner is a very experienced doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine who gave me some very good treatments (the other reason I definitly want to return)...
So summarizing I had very good stay! Thanks to the whole Ganesha team!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

These 7 villas are perfect, peaceful, and a total escape from the rest of the world. Beautiful black-sand beaches that are soft on your feet, gentle crashing waves that lull you to sleep, delicious fresh food, spacious and clean villas-what more could you ask for? Manis, Sandra, and the staff were friendly and attentive to our needs-we had not a single worry during our stay. Don dee, the driver/guide, was easy to talk to and plan excursions if we felt like venturing to the hot springs or a night out for dinner. It really was perfect. If you want a party getaway this is NOT the place-its the retreat to refresh and renew.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed at Ganesha Villas with family and friends and we rented four of the ocean view villas. This place is out of the way of the hussle and bussle of Bali, so tranquil and beautiful. We spent days by the pool, in the surrounding gardens relaxing and ordered food in food from the friendly staff on the days we felt we were happy to relax. We also took short trips to visit stunning temples, natural springs and markets. We did trips with a local driver, booked through Ganesha, who took us out on day trips for a reasonable price.

The villas are Balinese in style with an outdoor bathroom, day beds, crisp linen, and cleaned everyday, and the garden surroundings have tropical plants, flowers and fruit trees and is very manicured. This is a small boutique place to stay.

I celebrated my 40th Birthday at Ganesha Villas, on the night of my birthday we ordered in superb food from an international renowned chef, owning a restaurant near by, and also organised a traditional Balinese band who sang and danced as the sunset and into the night. It was so a fantastic way to celebrate. We were also lucky enough to have the whole resort to ourselves.

Room Tip: We had the villas at the front facing the beach, I think these were the best rooms. There was a tabl...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

A magic place in the middle of paradise!

Very quiet small plant with lovely guest villas. The whole staff were very relaxed, friendly and helpful like a small family, but never pushy.

Very beautiful Spa area in which one could book massages, baths etc.
Every villa was built in local Balinese Style and surrounded by fish basins with a large private terrace of one’s own, on which the meal also could be taken depending on wish.

The villas and even the bedrooms inside were overlooking the rice fields and the ocean in front of.

You have direct beach entrance in the middle of the rice fields about 20 meters away.
Quiet chill-out music in the open-air restaurant overlooking rice fields and ocean invites you to relax and to enjoy.

Daily fresh flowers for the rooms and outdoor bathrooms and the restaurant , which grow in the home garden directly on the trees .

The plant situated in an Australian management is very recommendable. All villas (facilities, sanitary plants, swimming-pool etc.) and the entire plant comply with international standards in comfort and cleanness.

We will definitely come back in the near future to be able to switch off and to let the weekday behind us!!!

Anja & Quirin from Munich

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have just spent the most relaxing, regenerating holiday of my life at Ganesha coral reef villas. Having recently separated from my husband, I spontaneously booked a ticket and was met at the airport by a very nice fellow and driven to the resort. On arrival, I was given a delicious welcome drink of tropical juice and shown to my room. Even though it was very late, the staff produced a menu and served me dinner. I was given a room upgrade to a beautiful villa, facing the ocean, decorated in the most exquisite antique oceanic art, with a four poster bed, a huge room with a bay window. Absolutely divine. The next day, noticing that I had a bad back (a year long problem), the owner (both owners are qualified Chinese medicine doctors) offered me a treatment- complimentary- and for the first time in months, my back problem is starting to resolve. I have a sensitive stomach, and so food hygiene is very important to me. The food was exceptional. The water is filtered in the kitchen and bottled in the rooms. The chef is excellent and I had no problems at all, the food a fusion of Balinese and international cuisine.The menu is extensive, the wine list includes some fabulous local and international wines. The grounds are very spiritual, with five Hindu temples. The restaurant overlooks rice paddies, the ocean and a sacred Pule tree. The owners organised two very interesting day trips for me with a safe driver, one to a Buddhist temple and hot springs locally, and the other to Ubud for some shopping. Nothing was too much trouble. This would have to be the most healing time I have ever experienced. They say that the ocean waters in this area help people heal and in my case it helped me greatly. However this place has something for everyone- snorkelling, scuba diving, trekking, rafting, motor bike and car hire, many other day trips, and a gorgeous pool to lie by. It was refreshing to stay in a place that was open to couples of any persuasion as well as families and I met some amazing guests whilst I was here. As a solo female traveller I felt completely safe. The staff keep a watchful eye over activities and the guests. Next time I come, I will bring my eleven year old son. This place was exactly what I needed at a crucial crossroad in my life.

Room Tip: They are all great rooms. No one would be disappointed.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Ganesha Bali Coral Reef Villas? Share your experiences!