“Beyond Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Seririt
Jackson, Tennessee
“Beyond Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

When my daughter and I planned a celebration/stress release trip, we had no idea that Zen Resort Bali would surpass our expectations in so many ways. From the beautiful grounds to the delicious and healthy food to the staff who were incredibly attentive and friendly, we felt pampered, refreshed, and renewed. The spa staff and treatments were the best that we have ever experienced. If you want to experience Balinese paradise, focus on wellness, be pampered, and have the ultimate getaway, this is the place to go!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Indonesian first
Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

This is heaven for anyone wanting to retreat into a safe, warm paradise, to be healed, to be pampered and to reconnect with their true selves. It's a trek to get here, which means whilst it's kinda isolated, you really are away from the stresses of everyday life. Here you can immerse yourself to your degree in ayurdervic treatments, yoga, meditation, wholesome fresh food and traditional Balinese life. With creature comforts to enjoy such as wifi, air con, infinity pool & spa, you truly have the best of both worlds. The spa is a highlight. I've never had massages or facials like I was treated to here. the therapists are world class and prices are fair. Every staff member at zen is beautiful, and quickly knows your name.
My 6 days here were phenomenal, and I would highly recommend Zen Resort as the ideal getaway in Bali.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I headed of to Zen without really knowing much more than what I read on their website. I was in need of rest and recuperation after a tough 6 months post breast cancer, and was travelling alone. From the moment I was picked up at the airport, I felt safe and in good hands. All the staff were welcoming and I immediately began to feel relaxed. The spa treatments were like nothing I have ever experienced before, and the care and attention I received was extraordinary. The food was amazing and the grounds and accommodation was perfect. I felt nurtured and nourished on every level, and plan to return in a years time with my partner. The time at Zen was one of the most important parts of my healing, and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Woefully, I spent only 3 of my 13 days in Bali at the Zen Resort. One of the most beautiful, vibrational and relaxing places in Bali. The Zen Resorts focus is on wellness from the inside, out.

Aside from the incredible energy surrounding this mountaintop sanctuary, Zen offers daily mediation, yoga, a plethora of traditional and well as Ayurvedic spa services (their specialty). There is music gently wafting through the trees and cabins here daily. Everything is about energy and connecting to it. You will FEEL it. It is beautiful.

The cuisine is delicious and (unlike the other resorts I stayed at) portion-controlled. As an American, I appreciated this very much! One very special meal was arranged by the owner who invited local children to perform traditional Balinese dance for the guests. This is a possibility when the resort is full and its a treat to see.

The daily offerings of gorgeous florals are memorizing at Zen. The grounds are impeccably manicured and everything is organic at Zen: from the bungalow doors, to the landscaping,to the food to the many traditions. This is Bali.

There are several packages to chose from when planning your rest and relaxation at Zen Resort, including a consultation with their on-site nutrition and wellness expert. I recommend this to achieve balance and get the most out of your stay.

I hope my photography encourages travelers to stay at Zen Resort while in Bali. It is a place you don't forget. And if you are feeling stressed, lost or "stuck", it will free you.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and I both booked the Zen Harmony Diving 5 day Package, but due to unforseen circumstances (my wife finding out she was pregnant) she was unable to come scuba diving with me. The staff at Zen were absolutely sensational and went out of their way to customise a package including a number of additional treatments as well as a snorkelling day for my wife at Menjangan Island.

The resort itself is the most peaceful place that I have ever visited. A tranquil, picturesque setting with perfectly equipped rooms allowed us to unwind properly and leave the stress of professional life back at home where it belongs.

Dining is in a large open-air pavilion which overlooks the Bali Sea in the distance and the food is delicious and well-prepared. We were fortunate enough to be hosted by the resort’s owner who describes Zen as his passion and that exhibits itself throughout the resort, from the beautifully maintained gardens to the unique treatments on offer at Zen.

Each morning begins with yoga before the heat of the Balinese sun begins to take hold, from there breakfast, spa treatments (or scuba diving in my case), 3 course lunch, activity (or scuba diving in my case) more spa treatments followed by meditation in the early evening and then a 3 course dinner. The schedule can be as fulsome or as relaxing as you like and there is plenty of opportunity to relax in or by the amazing infinity pool that has panoramic views of the Bali Sea and the rice paddies below.

The diving was fantastic, 1 day at Tulamben and 2 days at Menjangan Island. Tulamben is a shore wreck dive experience - highlights include the wreck itself, the ‘eel garden’ and resident sea turtle. Menjangan on the other hand is a boat dive reef experience with plenty of marine life - highlights including amazing corals, electric clams and, if you are lucky, you might also see a whale shark – I did!

After 5 days at Zen we felt as if we had been on holiday for a month.

I have no complaints. Everything was perfect.

Room Tip: Opt for a sunset room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I returned to Zen after being there with a group 4 years ago and it was not a dream ..... Absolute peace and bliss and the care the staff take of you, with such grace, cannot be surpassed. It is the most beautiful resort/retreat I can imagine. The days float by with the pleasures of yoga in the morning, meditation in the early evening and the best massages/treatments imaginable in between. In between all that? Well there is good food in the beautifully situated restaurant. the perfect infinity pool and ...... peace

Room Tip: I think the sunset view rooms are more peaceful
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I needed two weeks off of my daily business and have chosen this wonderful, lovely place - by the first minute, I have been arrived, I felt like very comfortable and save- like at home. Really everybody of the great staff have been very friendly and warm hearted. Each yoga and meditation class helped me to improve my inner and outer strength. After all the terrific balinese meals, I feel still health and clean.
I can just say " Thank you very much" for all the nice people- the hotel manager, the Doctor, the spa staff, cooks, Diving team, room service, restaurant service, driver and last but not least the gardener- which keeping all the environment so beautiful- that I felt like at the jungle book...this was ever my idea of paradise.

I WILL COME BACK AGAIN

Room Tip: Both room categories are great- sunrise and sunset...difficult to decide ;-)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Zen Resort Bali? Share your experiences!