“I'm glad I picked this agency for my trip to Granada” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Attractions in Rivas
Belo Horizonte, MG
26 attraction reviews
“I'm glad I picked this agency for my trip to Granada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Macua is a local tour agency owned by Edwin, and we were lucky enough to have him as our private guide during the day trip we made to Granada. He is extremely knowledgeable about his country and the service was great. Alone for immigration purposes I would already recommend his services (otherwise we would have spent at least 2 hours at the border, getting to Nicaragua by land is a challenge), but the quick tour in Granada was also very well planed.

Visited July 2013

Bethany, Connecticut
“Border Crossing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I contacted Macua Tours about a transfer from Playa de Coco, Costa Rica to San Jorge, Nicaragua to take the ferry to Ometepe for a couple of nights.I was pleasantly surprised at the level of service we received.Every email and question i had was responded to promptly.We basically wanted transportation but received much more. All of the paperwork[in Nicaragua] was prepared for us ahead of time to expedite the border crossing.We met people who spent as much as four hours[we took 1 hour] making this crossing.The best bonus for us was Edwin,who gave us so much insight into the history as well as the culture of Nicaragua.If you need to make this crossing,I can tell you this may be the most painless way to go.I know my family and I will go back and Edwin and Macua Tours will be our exclusive guides!!! Thank you Edwin!

Visited April 2013
Grapevine, Texas
31 attraction reviews
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was the best tour of our trip bar none! Oh! the place we went & things we saw! Edwin & his driver are great ambassadors for Nicaragua! Walking tour thru historic Granada City,Calle la Calzada, passing by the oldest Church in America; San Francisco, Episcopal Palace and the Granada´s Cathedral. The boat ride on Lake Nicaragua is not to be missed & the most incredible fish lunch ever! Then onto Masaya active volcano overlook, then a stop @ Castarin Lookout @ Apoyo inactive volcano. Will book this tour again on our next visit for sure to see what other wonders Edwin can find!

Visited February 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Another wonderful day in Nicaragua with Macau Tours!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was our 2nd time in Nicaragua and after using David of Macau Tours the last time with great success, we arranged another tour for 6 people with Edwin for our day in port. We were not disappointed! All emails and questions prior to our trip were answered promptly and arrangements were made easily. Both Edwin & David are passionate about their beautiful country and made sure we received an unbiased opinion of all aspects. We were met promptly for our full day tour covering Rivas, 2 volcanos, a boat tour of Lake Nicaragua, a bit of shopping, wonderful local lunch and many more sights. Macau Tours, started by Edwin, is made up of University students and they are the future of this country. We are definitely coming back here and will have Macau Tours make the arrangements for us! Thanks so much for a wonderful day Edwin!

Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Me and six of my friends used Edwin's company to transport us to and from Liberia into Nicaragua and he was beyond helpful. Edwin supplied us with a ton of useful information and hints on what to do in Nicaragua. We had rented a house about 30 minutes north of San Juan Del Sur and Edwin and his driver was nice enough to drive around the town to stock up and groceries and supplies before dropping us off at our house. Macua Tour's response time was extremely quick. On our way home we had scheduled a pickup time from the Ometepe ferry docks and even though our ferry was delayed by about an hour and a half, a quick call to Edwin reassured us that even though we will be late, our shuttle will be ready and waiting for us.

I recommend Edwin and Macua Tours to anyone traveling between Costa Rica and Nicaragua. You wont regret it.

Visited February 2013