“Wonderful escape” 5 of 5 stars

San Francisco, California
12 attraction reviews
“Wonderful escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had the amazing experience
to become a certified diver with this company .Kate, Laura,Dawn and the dive
crew made sure all things were in top notch order. At the end of the class I knew I had learned from the best ! Lots of laughs and good fun by all
Sheryl r

Amed
“"Perfect Day": just what it says on the tin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I did the "Perfect Day" trip with Dive Tutukaka and had a really awesome day, it was one of my best tours so far in NZ and would recommend it to anyone!
Everything is super organised from start to finish, yet at the same time the staff makes you feel really relaxed and not like you're at the army.
The boat trip to the island is beautiful, as are the islands themselves, and you get to learn a lot about the history, plants and wildlife of the area. Going inside the cave on the boat at Poor Knights Island was amazing, and we were lucky to have a great opera singer on board who gave us an awesome demonstration of what the acoustic can be like in there! :-)
Everything is provided for you the whole day. From wetsuits, masks, snorkels and fins or kayaks and paddle boards for some fun in the water, to a really nice lunch of sandwiches, salads, soups and hot drinks, or even paper bags for the unlucky ones prone to sea-sickness :-)
It was really cool to just be able to do whatever you felt like, whenever you felt like it. Spending all your time in the water or just lazying around sunbathing on the boat, it's entirely up to you.
Also, being a bit of a freediver I have to give a special mention to the crew for giving me weights so I could enjoy the underwater world for a little bit longer :-) I've done several boat trips in NZ and this is something most companies either refuse to do (for safety reasons) or agree to only if you bring your own weights. So I went there expecting just a bit of snorkelling on the surface and got a big big bonus :-D
And another thumbs up for the hot showers on board, big big bonus number 2!
The snorkelling itself wasn't the best in the world, but the crew more than made up for it! All of them were so lovely, friendly, chatty, relaxed, cool and very very funny! :-D They make you feel like they're your mates, while yet remaining professional all the time. Best crew ever!
Thanks for this great day, would do it again without hesitation!

Visited February 2013
Regina, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Fabulous dive and super staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I went with Dive Tutukaka out to the Poor Knights. I dove while my wife snorkelled. Fabulous trip. Snorkelling was so so, but diving was excellent. Being in the sea cave was certainly a sight to behold. Don't miss this if you are in the area. Staff were super friendly and very helpful on the trip, and during the planning stages.

Visited February 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
50 attraction reviews
“Worth going around the world for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband dived with the Tutukaka group - and said it was the best dive he ever had! The boat went out at about 8:30 and stopped in the bay to see dolphins that played around the boat. They took two dives and went down to almost sixty feet. They saw fantastic undersea life, had a good lunch and were well cared for on the whole trip.

Visited November 2012
Mossel Bay
9 attraction reviews
“worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have been waiting for 2 years to dive here and it was well worth the wait. We were on a very comfy and large boat and the group wasn't too large. We were joined by a pod of dolphins who escorted us for 10 minutes out of the harbour... The diving was good and we were blessed to have a hot day with no wind and good viz. Stand out for me was:1. the speed and efficiency of the check-in ( to dive ) procedure. Done perfectly. 2. the knowledge and warmth of the staff esp. those who took us out on the boat.
this is an absolute MUSt and a very well run company it seems.

Visited January 2013