“Secluded, but nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Cove Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Coral Cove Resort to your Saves list
Coral Cove Resort
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2 Old Hope Rd, Little Bay Jamaica, Little Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Little Bay B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
“Secluded, but nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

There are a very few rooms here, but the service is great, freshly made breakfast and fresh fruit. Amazing for weddings, right on the beach. Little bay is a wonderful place, my aunts has a house there and we have stayed there for 6 weeks and the locals are great and the bars are very Jamaican its just what the real Jamaica is about. Very isolated but if you hire a car, your sorted

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SteveZLittleBay, Owner at Coral Cove Resort, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thanks for the review.. When deciding to locate in Little Bay, it was all about being a part of the "Real Jamaican" cultural experience. As you know from being a regular visitor to the area there is nothing manufactured or commercial about it.
In many ways it can be a very positive life changing experience.
For a taste of the developed tourism experience, Negril is a short van or boat ride away. Most guests will make the visit to Negril and return after having had a good time and with a greater appreciation for Coral Cove and Little Bay.
All the best, Steve Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

As I make plans to go back to Coral Cove this year, I have to ask myself why it took so long for me to write a review of this place from our initial trip in January of 2011 (I can't go back that far on the 'when did you travel' section)?? I honestly can't say, except maybe everything had already been said by other travellers. Maybe its just hard to put into words two weeks that I will never forget. People who touched my heart.
I truly believe you get out of life what you make and put into it. Do your research. This is not Sandals. You won't get big buffets with nothing but american style food. You won't get nightly entertainment but what you yourself make. (Unless someone is getting hitched!! :D ) . You need to wear water shoes in the water or risk getting a sea urchin stuck in your foot. If you want an american styled vacation then go somewhere else, cause the people who DO love and go to Coral Cove, don't want to hear you whine and complain!!
If you want a trip that lets you experience some of Jamaica's real people...this is your spot. You want some of the authentic cuisine...this is your spot. You want rest, relaxation, good company...this is your spot. These people, mostly employed from the local area, are the real deal. They aren't fake. My husband and I made some genuine friends while here, and have dreamed about going back ever since. You do have the option of excursions to other places, for days where you want a bit more, but you will be oh so glad to get back to the resort at the end of the day.
My husband I spent two weeks there, where we finally tied the knot after almost 14 yrs living in sin...lol, my daughter, sister and brother-in-law, and my elderly mother to help us celebrate. My daughter was 11 at the time, LOVED this place. She is a bit of a water monkey, and could be found wrinkling happily in the water most days. When I asked her this year if she could pick between Disneyworld or Coral Cove for another vacation, what would she pick...? Not missing a heartbeat, her eyes wide, she blurted 'coral cove Mom! I miss Sean and his awesome lobster!'
Some of our most memorable experiences, 30 minutes after arriving on the resort, we changed into cooler clothes (going from -30 to +30 in a day was something!) and checked out the water. George was there, the gent who does boat rides from the area, started pointing and saying "octopus! Octopus!" right where hubby was standing...my hubby being who he is promptly stuck his hand down in the water, 2 feet from shore, and plucked up an octopus...! It was the coolest thing EVER, my daughter got to see one up close, and the resort chef, hearing the comotion, excitedly ran down and guess what we got served with dinner that evening?? Yup. And NO, I didn't try it, too exotic for my liking, but hubby ate his, and the bowl on the neighbours table as well, who were also eyeing it with trepidation. The snorkling is FANTASTIC, we saw puffer fish, lion fish, plus all kinds of very colorful tropical smaller fish. Second was our wedding, which had monsoon rain that day, and we couldn't get pictures done as it got too dark too fast. Hubby had a bit of a wardrobe malfunction on his suit, and the power went out during the reception...lol...but it couldn't have been any better! They didn't even have a chance to get the generators up and running and the power was back on. Fabulous cake, my only regret is only having room for one piece...! We laughed, we danced, we acted like young fools all over again. I'm sure the resort staff went home to their families and told them about those wacky canadians they had staying there...
We visited the local school there the day after, so that our daugher could see some of the differences between school here, and school there. Uniforms. Kids sitting back to back and side by side on benches, all very polite, they read us letters of some of the stuff that they were learning, and hubby gets up and starts talking about polar bears and canadian moose. LOVED it!
Hubby and I, after my daughter went home with the other family, stayed that last week for a honeymoon of sorts. We went to a local street party, put on by the town to raise funds for a local teenage boy who needed back surgery to help him walk properly again due to an injury. Hubby and I were the only outsiders there, but we didn't feel uncomfortable at all. We were with one of the staff from the resort that we became good friends with, and generally, we were chatted up with by all.
I would love to say thanks to Maxine, Rouchelle, Ritchie, Donald, Sean, and so many others that I would probably murder their names trying to spell them. The wonderful lady who always had goodies on the table on the patio of the main house...to the lovely ladies who looked after our rooms, leaving towel animals and beautiful flower petals sprinkled over our beds, to the staff who would pass us by on the lounge chairs by the beach and always ask if they could get us anything...(BTW, Red Stripe, the jamaican beer, tastes WAY better there than what they import up here!!)

How do you thank people for allowing us into their hearts and their homes?

Thank-you. See you soon Friends!!

Room Tip: Only some rooms have AC, if you need cool to sleep, be sure to ask for one of those! :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
What a great description of not only Coral Cove Resort and Little Bay, but your entire 2 week experience.
Yours joins many other reviews that really help paint a more accurate picture in the minds eye of potential guests.
I am sure we are not for absolutely everybody, however if they like us through our reviews, they will love us when they come.
And I have to agree Margaret Myries wedding cakes are the absolute best! One piece is hardly enough:)

Thank you for taking the time.
All the best, Steve Z
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We planned our wedding at Coral Cove after a short visit to the location a few months prior. We wrestled with the decision to have the wedding at a location so far off the beaten path, but the beautiful sunset, charming rooms and attentive staff made it impossible for us to chose anywhere else. When all was said and done, my husband and I were simply overwhelmed at how wonderful everything turned out. We truly could not have asked for a more picture perfect wedding, the wedding of our dreams brought about by Rouchelle and Maxine. When they say not to worry, they mean it. The staff was so awesome to our guests, which really meant a lot to us. The day after the wedding it was wonderful to look around at breakfast and see everyone just relaxing and enjoying themselves. To hear so many of our guests say that for that short time they were able to forget everything else and just "be" was the most awesome compliment. I cannot say enough about Coral Cove. For us, no 5-star hotel can beat this place. The scenery, the staff, the food...just everything seems that much better at Coral Cove. Definitely worth the bumpy ride.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We booked our 42 person wedding at Coral Cove based on the many positive reviews found here. We weren't disappointed. In fact pretty much every aspect of our week long wedding/vacation exceeded our expectations. Coral Cove is a gem. Considering there are so many western style all inclusive resorts around the island, this place totally stands out. The laid back rustic Jamaican vibe, amazing fresh local Jamaican cooking, super friendly staff/villagers and beautiful tranquil location all combine to make this place very unique. Our guests had an amazing time. The weather was excellent. It all blurred into one big lovely tropical relax-a-thon! And right in the middle somewhere we got married on the beach at sunset. Looking back, we wouldn't change a thing. Most of the other reviews cover all the details, but here are a few things we wanted to note:
-go out and explore the village of Little Bay. The locals are super fun. The beaches are nice. The Blue Hole and Bob Marley's place are worth the short walk. Kids, dogs, goats... all adorable.
-stick to the local Jamaican cuisine. It's delicious! You're in Jamaica after all.
-bring cash. The closest bank machine is in Negril. 30 mins away.
-water shoes are a must. Lots of coral in the cove.
-we brought additional decorations for the wedding and welcome bags for our guests.
-we left our doors unlocked and open the whole week. Safety is not an issue here.

See attached photos for more!
W&N

Room Tip: We stayed in Starlight both trips to Coral Cove. Huge private patio with views of the whole property...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Beautiful grounds, AMAZING rooms, Sean - the best chef in Jamaica!, smiling, accommodating staff, a level of serenity not found in Negril but not far by boat if you miss the crowds. Everyone there is fantastic. Couldn't ask for better.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The owner & staff at this 15-room resort pulled out all of the stops to make our stay one of the best vacations of my life! Coral Cove in Little Bay, Jamaica provided total relaxation & rejuvenation by offering a location that is off-the-grid (although the 2-hour jeep ride from MoBay was a bit jostling) & genuine. However, there is always a staff member available who is willing to take you anywhere that you want to go.

• Stayed September 2012
Clayton, nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The pictures speak without words. But I must say this was one of our best island vacations ever. Went for our sons wedding,and had a vacation. Intimate is a good description. Small hotel but not small on service. Food is simple but fabulous. We ate fish caught by us and other guests. Be sure to bring swim shoes. Want to make jewelry, Celeste will show you. Want fresh coconut, or chew sugar cane it will appear. You can make your own cocktails,or do nothing at all.

If you want bright lights and late nights this is not your choice,(although Negril is a taxi ride away) but if you want to be treated to a relaxing, intimate vacation GO HERE.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Coral Cove Resort? Share your experiences!