“Loved it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Little Bay Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Bay
Little Bay Cabins
You added Little Bay Cabins to your Saves list
Beach Road, Little Bay, Jamaica   |
“Loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

My wife and I visited Little Bay for our honeymoon. Neither one of us had ever been to Jamaica, but had heard how amazing it was, they were right. Our room was literally 50 feet from the beach and we spent every day that we were there in the water. The free kayaking and snorkeling that Mike offers is amazing. The food that Annette prepared was absolutely phenomenal. Young J and O'Shane were awesome as well making sure to take care of us when we were at the restaurant/bar. A few words of caution though, first, don't drive yourself from the airport, pay for the trip, it could very well save your life, secondly watch your bill at checkout things didn't seem right with ours and I still don't know if we were charged correctly. That's the only reason I didn't give this place 5-stars. If you do an excursion, the Black River/YS Falls is AWESOME, you definitely have to do the zipline at YS, well worth the money.

Room Tip: Make sure that you get the rooms on the water, the sound of the Caribbean Sea is so peaceful and hel...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

Little Bay Cabins was one of my favorite vacation spots ever. It is not for everyone but for those that like a completely laid back, vacation, this is the spot.
The staff here is like family. They learn your names and will do anything to make your stay more enjoyable.
They provide all of the meals with great local flair. Have a request? They will do their best to accommodate you.
The cabins are pretty rustic, but running water, nice bathrooms and ceiling fans make them like camping on the beach but better.
Every morning you can walk right out your front door and directly into the water. Simple snorkeling is right out your door, kayaks and beach! You do need to bring your own snorkel gear, theirs is not really usable.
I strongly recommend not over packing. Their web site says bring things for the kids to leave on the island. Next time I go I will bring things and leave them for the wonderful staff to use, keep or give away, more adult shoes, clothes, or little things that we take for granted on a regular day.
Perfect for group vacations to and everyone gets their own space. Make sure to book a dinner trip to Zimballi. Such a cool place in the jungle. A must!

Room Tip: They have a room for whatever you want. one person, two, families. wifi ify, best area is in the e...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014 via mobile

It was our first time there but second time there for our friends. They stayed there the last time too. Everyone there was just so friendly and kind towards us and made the stay wonderful! We couldn't ask for anything better. The food was delicious, the cabins were cute and cozy, the view was indescribably gorgeous, and we went on tours to the most beautiful places ever!! We are definitely going back in the future!
I would recommend this place for anyone and everyone, couples to whole families! The best trip ever!

• Stayed October 2014
Lake Oswego, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

To start it off, we used Rocky's Tours as our taxi and excursion people, we also did this before we knew LBC had excursions of its own as well. We found out about this place on groupon, and boy were we glad we did! Our groupon came with a free continental breakfast which was more than enough to start your day off with. We booked our stay in the off season and found ourselves being the only people in the whole place, so as far as noise and complaints about others go, we have absolutely none. Although I do wish that we might of had some other travelers there with us, it was still an amazing time. Now, because of the fact that we were the only people, we didn't get to meet many of the people who help run LBC, we met Keisha, Mike, Oshane, Young J, Annette, Chubbie, Miss Patsy, Piggy. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly and truly were the reason our stay there was a great one. We didn't get the full meal plan because we new we wanted to explore the town of Little Bay but also didn't want a big whole in the pocket. The website says differently than the current prices of food, breakfast is $13, lunch is $17 and dinner is $25 per person. It's a little pricey but when else are you going to get amazing authentic Jamaican food as delicious as that cooked right there for you? Now I mentioned going into town, don't be afraid to step foot out of the cabin area, you are free to roam, and it isn't scary at all and the people are very friendly. The first day we ventured out we found someone selling hand weaved baskets from the leaves you'll find on the trees, they were amazing! We bought a basket and chatted for awhile and then walked down the road a little farther until we found Richie's on the Beach where we talked to Tecia about having dinner there some time. There is also a little store off of the road right next to Richie's on the Beach in case you're still a little hungry at some point during the day. The next day we went back to the lady that made the baskets and met her husband Toby who was one of the nicest people I have ever met, he and his wife showed us how they make pot holders and gave them to myself and my girlfriend as soon as they finished them, we enjoyed fresh passion fruit that he picked from his tree and listened to his sound system that he was very proud of. He told me how he takes people out fishing and I told him I would love to go out with him, he doesn't ask for much at all and it is so worth the experience. Most of the time we just hung out around the cabins, did some swimming, snorkeling, played some cards, or played with Rusty and Dusty (the adorable puppies that live there). It was always nice a quiet there, no loud music, not a lot of people talking, it was the perfect getaway. On one of our last days Mike took us to the Blue Hole and that was a blast! The are all very nice people and I am very grateful to have had the chance to experience that trip with them. The last thing I want to say is, if you're looking for a night life and clubs, lots of people, getting pampered and not getting dirty, this isn't the place for you. LBC is about making your own fun, it's about having an imagination and living peacefully. If you want to get away from the world for a little bit and don't care about not having a fridge, or a tv, or A/C, or being waited on hand and foot, LBC is the place for you.

Thank you again for the amazing vacation LBC!

Tiara and Derrick.<3

Room Tip: Cabin #5 is a single beachfront room, but if you want to be completely alone and away from the rest...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Peachtree City, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We gave this trip to our Son and his new Bride, hoping for a quiet secluded place for them.,,, WAY to secluded, everyone was smoking pot, his bride was freaking out and scared. I was very devastated that we sent them there. Better trip for friends or couples getting away! Limited food and sometimes they didn't have the menu item listed,One day my son had to eat goat...I think he waited til breakfast.Their neighbors had young kids and smoked pot everyday...the local young kids kept coming to their door asking for things...finally they gave them some chocolate we had set up for them and told the kids to please stay away!!! We also ordered and paid for champagne to be in their room...it was stinkin Andre"...Really, seriously??? They went on a hike and the guides were rolling and smoking...that's not cool for everyone...they left and traded remaining days at different resort!

Room Tip: single cabin!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I visited Jamaica for the first time in the beginning of July 2014 to celebrate our marriage (we never took a honeymoon), and LBC was our first stop for five nights. Overall, Little Bay Cabins was amazing and everything I expected, however, below is a detailed account of our experience which includes mostly praise, but some honest comments:
So we landed in Montego Bay and had arranged for pick up with their shuttle service. He never showed. We were stranded at the airport for about two hours with no way of contacting Mike. I called their American line, but it went straight to a voicemail. Thank god we met Vinton, another cab driver who noticed the worry in our faces, because he called a friend who called a friend, and finally got Mike on the phone. When I spoke to Mike, he said, “oh I wish I had known…” really? So Vinton and Mike get back on the phone and Vinton says he’ll take us to LBC, but for $120, which is $20 more than what we were supposed to pay with LBC, but we weren’t really in a position to argue and honestly, Vinton really did save us.
When we arrived to LBC, Keisha “greeted” us. First impression of Keisha: not the friendliest, but super chill. I thought we’d have to sign some papers, or go over the details of our stay, but she was very relaxed about it, showed us our cabin, then said to find her when we were settled to discuss meals. We ran into Mike at that time. First impression of Mike: nice guy, super chill, but maybe too chill for someone who owns a business. When I asked what happened to his driver, he said, “I can’t get a hold of him. But at least you’re here now.” Really? Normally, in the states, I would have made a big deal of this, but to be honest, the grounds were beautiful and my husband and I were just so happy to finally be there for our vacation.
My husband and I are in our late twenties, haven’t traveled out of the country together, and saved a certain amount of money for this trip. When we sat down with Keisha to discuss the meals, she informed us that dinner is now $25 a plate when we were told it was $20. Now, $5 more isn’t that big of a deal, but times that by two, plus increasing the tip because of the $10 increase in the bill, times a few nights, that adds up! I had planned on eating dinner there four nights and venturing out one, but we ended up only eating dinner there three because of this unprofessional maneuver. When I said, “But the website says….and Mike said in an email…” her response was, “well the thing is the website is being fixed because it’s wrong.” Really? As far as the other meals go, our Groupon included continental breakfast and we brought snacks for lunch.
We stayed in Ziggy’s Cabin #5. It was perfect and everything I expected! For a cabin, it was very clean. Definitely bring ziplock baggies for your food because it doesn’t take long for the bugs to come. Be prepared, there are bugs and they are tiny, tiny. The cabin is maybe ten steps to the water, has hot water, a fan, table and chairs, and an awesome front porch.
The food: Ms. Annette is a sweetheart and a great cook. Breakfast for us included fresh fruit and some type of bread or cake, coffee, tea, etc. For dinner, we had to choose that morning what we wanted for that evening. We had jerk chicken, curry goat, and fried fish. The food was good, but I honestly would never pay $25 a plate for what we ate there again. (the fried fish is very dry)
The drinks: Young J is a nice guy (Keisha’s son and bartender). And man does he make a slamming papaya daiquiri! When he said the drinks were only $5 each, I ended up getting two a day with dinner (we brought a case of Red Stripe for the room and got ice everyday). However, at the final bill, Keisha told us that Young J was wrong and that the drinks are $7 each. Really? Not a big deal, but again, just not very professional.
The amenities: We kayaked every single morning. It was amazing! They have kayaks and snorkel gear for unlimited usage. The hammocks were a nice touch, too. They said they had wifi, but we and our neighbors could never connect.
The employees: Piggy is Keisha’s father—what an amazing guy! He really took care of us. Each night he’d bring incense to keep the bugs away. One time he cut down a coconut and put a straw in it for me to drink. He’d come by our cabin occasionally for conversation and he just seemed like a really great person. We met Boise, but he was off two days while we were there. Ms. Patsy and Ms. Joanne changed our trash and towels, and she too is a sweetheart. Keisha mostly served us breakfast and got us ice and always asked if we needed anything. Mike was always around, smiling, asking how we were. Everyone was very accommodating and pleasant.
The surrounding area: The first day, we were a bit hesitant to venture out, but I’m so glad we did because it was the best thing we could have done! If you walk down the road and past the two white columns, you will find yourself in a little fishing village full of real Jamaican people. Here we met Boots (everyone apparently knows Boots), who took us to see the Mineral Pool and the bat cave—two amazing places. He also took pride in showing us his garden. Very nice, goofy man. We also met Toby who sells baskets that he makes. We ended up buying one before we left. We met Wayne from Wayne’s World and arranged for him to cook us dinner. He has a really great spot and is such a nice, informative guy! I ordered Curry Tuna and my husband ordered Jerk Chicken. Each plate came with rice and peas, noodles, and carrots. We each had dessert and coffee. Our bill was $38! We also met Richie and Tecia from Richie’s on the Beach, had a beer and arranged to have dinner there as well. We ordered their Curry Chicken, which came with rice, noodles, and potatoes. Each plate was $10! The streets always had people in them, kids playing, women chatting, men working in the yard, etc. The actual town of Little Bay is quite amazing and a place I will definitely visit again.
Our style: my husband and I knew what we were getting into with LBC—we chose this place on purpose. We didn’t want to be near a lot of tourists, we wanted to be secluded from society, we wanted to meet and chill with Jamaicans, we wanted to have some real good home cooked meals, we wanted to play chess and cards and read books in the sun all day, we wanted to wear bathing suits and towels all day, we wanted to relax and rejuvenate, and honestly, that’s what we did.
Overall: Just be prepared to be nickel and dimed a bit by Keisha and given some inconsistent information. Not all Americans who vacation are loaded or bring all their money with them on vacation. We planned everything to the penny and our total bill ended up being about $150 more than we were planning on spending. I probably could have been a bit more confrontational about how unprofessional some things were, but we really did have a great time there and I didn’t want to sour the week by complaining about money. Putting that aside, Little Bay Cabins definitely has location on their side. There’s no way you could hate anything about this place unless you’re a stuck up snob. We went to Negril afterwards for three nights and definitely missed this place. Give it a go, just know what to expect!

Room Tip: Cabin #5 is an oceanfront, stand alone cabin!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Saranac Lake, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

once again i have to send 'big ups' to mike, keisha and the family. this little gem just keeps getting better and better. truly authentic jamacian beach life. there a few places like this left.. don't miss it.

if you want to feel like you are truly away from the world- go to this likkle one make for kindred souls.

blessings christofah

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Little Bay Cabins? Share your experiences!