I have not been able to get to writing a review for this and still do not have much time. I traveled to Little Bay Cabins in February/March of 2013. Like many of the reviewers, I was not too sure if I made the right decision with purchasing this deal on LivingSocial. I purchased it based on it being in Jamaica and the Bob Marley tour (huge Bob fan). After a while, I started seeing reviews on TripAdvisor and I was really frightened to take my trip, even tried to sell the voucher.
Needless to say, an entire year after making the purchase, I made my way out there! I unfortunately could not stay the full length (instead of 5 nights, I could only stay 4). The ride from the Montego Bay airport was by far the more nerve wrecking experience I have ever been through. You drive on the left hand side (which I have been accustomed to) and the roads are winding and no speed limits!! The cab driver was very kind and explained things along the way about his beautiful country. We stopped off and had authentic Jamaican food at Border Jerk. The jerk chicken was the absolute best!
Driving into the cabin grounds was very interesting to say the least, though once we parked and arrived inside Little Bay Cabins, our mouths were wide open! Their website does zero justice for how beautiful it is there. Our cabin was #3 and then we moved to cabin #7, but any location on the grounds are a no-brainer. Irregardless of your cabin being seaside or behind the seaside cabins, you are still a short walk to the ocean. The reviewers who gripe about their cabin location are just unhappy about life - that's the only thing I can say about that!
-The food was awful! We brought a ton of snacks with us from the states and found that we were able to survive. We were able to pick and choose from 2 selections during dinner, but out of 4 nights, there were probably only 2.5 meals that we thoroughly enjoyed. There is a hut within walking distance that we heard of, but we opted out of going there. We did only pay for 2 days worth of meals on their meal plan. Coming in, we had leftovers from Border Jerk and only needed to re-heat the food.
- There are no scheduled activities. If you want to take advantage of the kayaking, snorkeling or tours, etc., you must let them know in advance. Nothing was planned and even though they have it listed online, it would be great if they had things scheduled. Otherwise, they would be completely fine if you're there for 5 nights and haven't taken advantage of anything.
- The staff is great! Though they can be very nosey (the friend of the owner - Chris), they were very helpful with anything we needed. Very kind and gracious. Any tips you can give them, please do!! We learned of the exchange rate and our $1 is $93 of theirs. We were generous when we felt services warranted it.
- The island is soooooooooo beautiful, peaceful, & relaxing!
- The drinks were great and cheap!
- The massage was $50 and was right on the water. FANTASTIC!
- Cabins were clean and it was not loud at all from the other guests. We really enjoyed the sound of the ocean crashing only footsteps away?
- They had nights where we gathered for a bonfire.
I have more pros, but these are the first that come to mind as the time has gotten away from me. My pros far outweigh my cons. We will definitely be back to this little gem!
Thank you to Mike and his lovely wife for being great cabin owners!! See ya soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and discover the Pristine Beauty of Little Bay. A place so special that Bob Marley himself built his house here. Undisturbed by time. This is Paradise for those who just want to Relax. Gather shells along the natural 1/4 mile beach. Snorkel or kayak one of Jamaica's best coral reefs. Relax in the lounge- you don’t have a care. ... more less