“AMAZING Vacation!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Little Bay Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Bay
Little Bay Cabins
Beach Road, Little Bay, Jamaica   |
Atlanta
“AMAZING Vacation!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have not been able to get to writing a review for this and still do not have much time. I traveled to Little Bay Cabins in February/March of 2013. Like many of the reviewers, I was not too sure if I made the right decision with purchasing this deal on LivingSocial. I purchased it based on it being in Jamaica and the Bob Marley tour (huge Bob fan). After a while, I started seeing reviews on TripAdvisor and I was really frightened to take my trip, even tried to sell the voucher.

Needless to say, an entire year after making the purchase, I made my way out there! I unfortunately could not stay the full length (instead of 5 nights, I could only stay 4). The ride from the Montego Bay airport was by far the more nerve wrecking experience I have ever been through. You drive on the left hand side (which I have been accustomed to) and the roads are winding and no speed limits!! The cab driver was very kind and explained things along the way about his beautiful country. We stopped off and had authentic Jamaican food at Border Jerk. The jerk chicken was the absolute best!

Driving into the cabin grounds was very interesting to say the least, though once we parked and arrived inside Little Bay Cabins, our mouths were wide open! Their website does zero justice for how beautiful it is there. Our cabin was #3 and then we moved to cabin #7, but any location on the grounds are a no-brainer. Irregardless of your cabin being seaside or behind the seaside cabins, you are still a short walk to the ocean. The reviewers who gripe about their cabin location are just unhappy about life - that's the only thing I can say about that!

Some cons:
-The food was awful! We brought a ton of snacks with us from the states and found that we were able to survive. We were able to pick and choose from 2 selections during dinner, but out of 4 nights, there were probably only 2.5 meals that we thoroughly enjoyed. There is a hut within walking distance that we heard of, but we opted out of going there. We did only pay for 2 days worth of meals on their meal plan. Coming in, we had leftovers from Border Jerk and only needed to re-heat the food.
- There are no scheduled activities. If you want to take advantage of the kayaking, snorkeling or tours, etc., you must let them know in advance. Nothing was planned and even though they have it listed online, it would be great if they had things scheduled. Otherwise, they would be completely fine if you're there for 5 nights and haven't taken advantage of anything.

Pros:
- The staff is great! Though they can be very nosey (the friend of the owner - Chris), they were very helpful with anything we needed. Very kind and gracious. Any tips you can give them, please do!! We learned of the exchange rate and our $1 is $93 of theirs. We were generous when we felt services warranted it.
- The island is soooooooooo beautiful, peaceful, & relaxing!
- The drinks were great and cheap!
- The massage was $50 and was right on the water. FANTASTIC!
- Cabins were clean and it was not loud at all from the other guests. We really enjoyed the sound of the ocean crashing only footsteps away?
- They had nights where we gathered for a bonfire.

I have more pros, but these are the first that come to mind as the time has gotten away from me. My pros far outweigh my cons. We will definitely be back to this little gem!

Thank you to Mike and his lovely wife for being great cabin owners!! See ya soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I heard about Little Bay Cabins from a friend who traveled there earlier this year. She had an incredible time, so we decided to check it out! It was our first trip to Jamaica, and what an incredible one it was!

Little Bay Cabins were amazing.... quiet, peaceful, simple.... exactly what we wanted and needed! Staff was AMAZING. We did not interact much with Mike and Keisha for a variety of our own personal reasons, however, the business they run is a wonderful one- because the cabins and the location speak for themselves!

We did not do much, however availability of day trips was wonderful. Staff made everything so easy and accessible for us, even though we chose to lay about as well as explore the area... which we HIGHLY recommend!!!

It is a "little" bay, with a whole lot of heart. We met Wayne at "Wayne's World" -- which is a MUST!!!! We actually ate there a few times, because the food was superb! Homestyle cooking, some of the best Jamaican jerk and conch I've ever had! He sets up a table on the beach, for a wonderful romantic dinner atmosphere.... a must.

We met nice local people as we walked down the beach and along the road, all smiles and good vibes-- true Jamaican experience....

All in all, we would come back in a heart beat... and plan to do so, for a simple, relaxing, beautiful Jamaican get away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tarpon Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I hesitate to write this review as I have found a little piece of paradise and would love to keep to myself. However, I also want to help my new friends Mike and Keisha grow their business.

I am only going to share our personal experience, so if you have any questions in regards to location, food, cabins, drinks, things to do, please send me a personal message and I will do my best to help.

Please do your research on Little Bay Cabins. Jamaica in general. It will help you to understand their culture and then maybe so many won't be surprised by certain aspects. As for me and my husband, this trip has us considering moving there sometime in the not so distant future.

From the moment we arrived, we felt at home. After the almost 2 hour trip from Mobay, it was a welcomed surprise to arrive at a beautiful property. There were blooming flowers and trees everywhere. If you are lucky enough, maybe Boise will cut you coconut from the tree and share or Keisha will give you some delicious mangos. Akee, bananas, guava and tamarind are but a few edible plants on the grounds of Little Bay Cabins. We even picked some cherries and ate.

If you are looking for a quiet, peaceful place to relax and hang out, this place is for you. If you need lots of amenities, entertainment, restaurants and lots of things to do, stay away. This isn't a resort, not even close, but their service is more genuine than anywhere we have stayed. If smoking ganja or being around people who are is offensive, then stay away. Any one who researches Jamaica will know this is a prominent part of the culture. And contrary to some reviews, the entire staff is not high. I don't think I have ever seen one Jamaican woman smoking weed. Only the men. And not all of them. This was our second trip to Jamaica.

Our trip to Little Bay Cabins is one we will never forget. I can't even say what my favorite part is because there were so many. We snorkeled when we wanted. Relaxed in the hammocks, took a few tours of the local area. If you get a chance, have Boise take you to the bat cave and Bob Marley's. He was there with Bob. Buy a basket from the guy down the road, he does beautiful work. Visit the Blue Hole, the plunge will invigorate you. Take the time and talk to the staff, they really know what life is all about.

As for the food, we enjoyed all of it. We had continental breakfast, which was fruit, toast and cake and ate dinner every night. Dinner was usually an entrée we selected and whatever veggies were available. This is one of those areas that one should realize that due to locale, the variety of food may not be what you are expecting. Jamaican's grow their fruits and veggies.Just go with an open mind. If you like Jamaican cuisine, you won't be disappointed.

We were sad to leave and are already planning our next trip back. Thank you Keisha, Mike and ALL the staff at Little Bay Cabins for reminding us of the truly important things in life. God Bless and see you soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Relaxing atmosphere, some of the staff are great and laid back, and no not everyone stay stoned as the previous review stated. Ms. Donna, Dwayne, Robert and Annette are great, so are there customer services!!. Make sure you are request cabin, 4, 5, 6, 7, if you want ocean front. Food is a bit over price. We did not get the meal plan. Bring snacks. My 20 year old daughter and I went she had a ball. LBC is in a very secluded area. It’s okay to walk the neighborhood the natives are very friendly. They do provide you with a laptop and phone if you need to check email or make quick phone call. I really can’t say too much negative things about LBC. I don’t smoke, and I’m a very light drinker and I enjoyed myself. If 420 is your thing, you’ll be right at home, and that’s pretty much anywhere in Jamaica.
Don’t go with big vacation expectations; you have to pay to see the “tourist attractions.” All in all it was a very relaxing experience.
Tips on how to survive LBC.
Use Joe Cool transportation much cheaper than what LBC offers $80 vs. $99 (876) 390-1614
Eat at Wayne’s World his food price per couple is much more affordable, food is great…just tell him what you want and he’ll prepare it ahead of time. He’s located 3 minutes to the left down the road (be careful you might be lock out returning back to LBC). Or you can visit the other food vendors in the area.
Bring bug sprays and something to read. Hammocks are available.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a place you go to relax for sure. However, don't expect a lot to do, great food, or good customer service. The staff are so laid back (mostly b/c they are stoned) that you have to be patient in order to get anything you request.

Here are a few of the important things to note:
They have a cell phone you can use to call home b/c cell reception is poor (this is great!)
Food is pretty bad - not worth the money spent on it
Other food options are minimal - there are 2 places you can walk to but you have to let them know you are coming in advance, can't just show up and expect to eat. They are literally shacks but someone is always there and happy to help you. Much better service than you get at Little Bay Cabins.
The cabins are pretty rackity, no A/C, poor water pressure, lots of ants.

All in all a great place to go if you want to stay drunk or high. Most people there are doing both. If you aren't into smoking you may not enjoy yourself.

Room Tip: Chose a cabin by the water. We were in Marley's cabin and it was right by the ocean which helped...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My friend , who is a girl, and I booked our trip to Little Bay after receiving a discounted airline ticket and needed a place to stay. After seeing the Living Social promotion and talking to a travel rep who told us it would be no problem staying two extra days as the airline required, we were excited about getting away. When we arrive at Little Bay after a long long ride from Montego Bay, we were given the keys to our cabin which only had a single bed. Most of the cabins had single bays which suggests that this is a couples only kind of place. Later we learned that it was the owner that checked us in, not much on personality but hard working. They lost electricity on the 6th day and besides offering a computer to check on our flights, there was no other compensation for the inconvenience. Don't expect to use any of the restroom facilities outside of your cabin, I and another guest got a flat no when we asked. I found the place to have some good qualities, you really had to make your own fun,most of the staff were very friendly and accomodating to their guests. Make sure you are specific about a cabin, 5,6,7, if you want ocean front.Be sure to venture out and meet the neighbors, Wayne and Chubby, they were the jewels of the trip. Don't expect any hospitality from the owner, his wife or the hostess, Hermaine, they are strictly about the money. Hopefully you will be there with a group of fun guests like we did which will make for a very fun experience, including the walking tour to the Bat Cave and the ruins that are supposed to have been Bob Marley's house. Bring plenty of bug spray, but the nights are just beautiful! I will come back to read the reviews in two years to see if things have gotten better.

Room Tip: Ask for Cabin 4,5,6,7 for ocean front/ The "Legend" is a seperate cabin that is a house a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Milton, Vermont, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've been home six days and already planning with my extended family to come back. I have never relaxed like this before in my life. Beautiful, sweet little beach. Away from other people - except the kind and friendly staff and other travelers. (If you're looking for a resort or a big beach party this isn't the place for you.) I came to Jamaica with the expectation of trying new things and relaxing with my sweetheart. I am very much in love with this place and these people.

The prices were great - we got the 2 meal plan and I had lots of drinks. We each had a massage - it was UNREAL! Under a hut with the waves lapping below - I was in heaven.

Do bring bug spray for when the sun goes down. And definitely re-apply sunscreen multiple times a day if you're light-skinned like me. Bring water shoes so your feet are safe from sea-life when you swim. If you're a kayak-er, you will be very happy - you can take a kayak at your leisure. If you're not, there's a beautiful staff member to help you - he's friendly and accommodating. and SNORKEL! I've never done this before and it was such a great, new experience. My fiance has snorkeled before and he said it was great - it made him very happy - and the staff member helping us stayed with us as long as we wanted.

Maybe we'll go check out some local food when we come back, but we found the meal plan satisfying. Some days we slept in, some days we got up early and we always found food and drinks readily available. I drank like a fish and my bar tab was outrageously low (compared to the states). Remember to bring some extra cash for tipping - it's different than in the US. Jamaica has a tipping economy, and the staff work hard for their wages and tips. I never knew how much money was fair or reasonable, but I tipped what I felt I could. Every little bit counts because the people of Jamaica are very poor - especially compared to how we live in the US.

Very very very happy with Little Bay Cabins, the people there are so wonderful. We will be going back as soon as we can afford the flight for our whole family!

Room Tip: Beachside cabins get a breeze at night. If you want more privacy, go for cabin #5 or The Legends.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Richie's on the Beach
Richie's on the Beach
#1 of 3 in Little Bay
5.0 of 5 stars 21 reviews

Been to Little Bay Cabins? Share your experiences!