“Definitely a laid back atmosphere - a step up from camping” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Little Bay Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Bay
Little Bay Cabins
Save Saved
You added Little Bay Cabins to your Saves list
Beach Road, Little Bay, Jamaica   |
Atlanta, Georgia
“Definitely a laid back atmosphere - a step up from camping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a place you go to relax for sure. However, don't expect a lot to do, great food, or good customer service. The staff are so laid back (mostly b/c they are stoned) that you have to be patient in order to get anything you request.

Here are a few of the important things to note:
They have a cell phone you can use to call home b/c cell reception is poor (this is great!)
Food is pretty bad - not worth the money spent on it
Other food options are minimal - there are 2 places you can walk to but you have to let them know you are coming in advance, can't just show up and expect to eat. They are literally shacks but someone is always there and happy to help you. Much better service than you get at Little Bay Cabins.
The cabins are pretty rackity, no A/C, poor water pressure, lots of ants.

All in all a great place to go if you want to stay drunk or high. Most people there are doing both. If you aren't into smoking you may not enjoy yourself.

Room Tip: Chose a cabin by the water. We were in Marley's cabin and it was right by the ocean which helped...

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My friend , who is a girl, and I booked our trip to Little Bay after receiving a discounted airline ticket and needed a place to stay. After seeing the Living Social promotion and talking to a travel rep who told us it would be no problem staying two extra days as the airline required, we were excited about getting away. When we arrive at Little Bay after a long long ride from Montego Bay, we were given the keys to our cabin which only had a single bed. Most of the cabins had single bays which suggests that this is a couples only kind of place. Later we learned that it was the owner that checked us in, not much on personality but hard working. They lost electricity on the 6th day and besides offering a computer to check on our flights, there was no other compensation for the inconvenience. Don't expect to use any of the restroom facilities outside of your cabin, I and another guest got a flat no when we asked. I found the place to have some good qualities, you really had to make your own fun,most of the staff were very friendly and accomodating to their guests. Make sure you are specific about a cabin, 5,6,7, if you want ocean front.Be sure to venture out and meet the neighbors, Wayne and Chubby, they were the jewels of the trip. Don't expect any hospitality from the owner, his wife or the hostess, Hermaine, they are strictly about the money. Hopefully you will be there with a group of fun guests like we did which will make for a very fun experience, including the walking tour to the Bat Cave and the ruins that are supposed to have been Bob Marley's house. Bring plenty of bug spray, but the nights are just beautiful! I will come back to read the reviews in two years to see if things have gotten better.

Room Tip: Ask for Cabin 4,5,6,7 for ocean front/ The "Legend" is a seperate cabin that is a house a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Milton, Vermont, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've been home six days and already planning with my extended family to come back. I have never relaxed like this before in my life. Beautiful, sweet little beach. Away from other people - except the kind and friendly staff and other travelers. (If you're looking for a resort or a big beach party this isn't the place for you.) I came to Jamaica with the expectation of trying new things and relaxing with my sweetheart. I am very much in love with this place and these people.

The prices were great - we got the 2 meal plan and I had lots of drinks. We each had a massage - it was UNREAL! Under a hut with the waves lapping below - I was in heaven.

Do bring bug spray for when the sun goes down. And definitely re-apply sunscreen multiple times a day if you're light-skinned like me. Bring water shoes so your feet are safe from sea-life when you swim. If you're a kayak-er, you will be very happy - you can take a kayak at your leisure. If you're not, there's a beautiful staff member to help you - he's friendly and accommodating. and SNORKEL! I've never done this before and it was such a great, new experience. My fiance has snorkeled before and he said it was great - it made him very happy - and the staff member helping us stayed with us as long as we wanted.

Maybe we'll go check out some local food when we come back, but we found the meal plan satisfying. Some days we slept in, some days we got up early and we always found food and drinks readily available. I drank like a fish and my bar tab was outrageously low (compared to the states). Remember to bring some extra cash for tipping - it's different than in the US. Jamaica has a tipping economy, and the staff work hard for their wages and tips. I never knew how much money was fair or reasonable, but I tipped what I felt I could. Every little bit counts because the people of Jamaica are very poor - especially compared to how we live in the US.

Very very very happy with Little Bay Cabins, the people there are so wonderful. We will be going back as soon as we can afford the flight for our whole family!

Room Tip: Beachside cabins get a breeze at night. If you want more privacy, go for cabin #5 or The Legends.
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Well, we stayed in cabin#1, and every day I wanted to take at least five pictures of the breathtaking multicolored bouganvilea with the sky blue ocean behind it right outside our room. Words really can't say how much I adore these three acres of heaven by the sea, or the beautiful people that make it their labor of love to make everything extra special!
It is true that it is remote, and cut off from the hustle and bustle of modern society, which was a huge draw for me. I wanted for nothing while their except more time. Mike and Keisha are always around to accommodate any special requests, and I have never met anyone quite like Boise. He spends a lot of time sweeping up fallen flower petals but will drop what he is doing to walk into the village with you to the bat cave or the mineral springs, and he knows everybody! What a funny man!
I am sure some amenities may be purchased cheaper elsewhere, but I appreciate the fact that Mike has worked so hard to create a safe beautiful sanctuary out of the mainstream, and has invested his heart and soul, and it shows.
Iv'e only been home a day, and already trying to figure out how to get back there ASAP! Don't go unless you value the beauty of nature, peace and quiet, and being made to feel like part of the family. All the touristy fast paced all inclusive stuff is back up the road.
By the way, made a bunch of awesome new friends with our fellow cabinmates too

Room Tip: we stayed in cabin 1 right on the beach and it was perfect
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I arrived at Little Bay Cabins after spending our first four nights in Negril. As soon as we entered the gates we were thrilled to see the absolutely immaculate property, with stunning well appointed gardens.

We were greeted at the gates by the owners Mike and Keisha, who immediately led us to our cabin (#4), and gave us a freshly picked mango. This cabin is just steps away from the ocean - it really doesn't get more beautiful then that. I was thrilled to see that the cabins were immaculate! You can smell the "clean smell" - now that's my kind of place lol. There was already towel art on the bed with freshly picked flowers. The maids here do a wonderful job - kudos to them!

The beach area is lovely, and they provide lounge chairs and mats to lay on. There was always more than enough to go around. You can use one of the many pairs of water shoes there, free of charge, as well as ample snorkel equipment, and a few kayaks. All included. I personally didn't snorkel, but my husband did often and he said it was great! Topshelf, who does the watersports is great! He will take you out snorkelling if you want.

Our next stop was the bar, where we spent most of our time (we like to have a few drinks while on vacay :). This is where our trip got even better. I CANNOT say enough about the wonderful staff at LBC. The bartenders Asmar, Dwayne, and O'Shane, truly are wonderful people. Once we got to the bar on our first day, O'shane pulled up a chair, and just sat and talked with us, and got to know us. You don't find those types of bartenders in Negril. We spent most of our days and nights just chatting and laughing with these 3. They really do take the time to get to know you personally, and that is what sets this place apart. I miss our spot at the bar already! We had so much fun with these guys, and they are a huge part of the reason we will be back!

We got the meal plan, as there really isn't anywhere else to eat in the area. I have read some of the complaints about the food, and to be honest, I don't agree. The food was always hot, plentiful and delicious! Our personal favorite was the curried seafood on Friday night...incredible!

Anyways that's the gist of it. I will say that this spot won't be for everybody. It is secluded, and can be quiet, so if you like the hustle and bustle of Negril that this place isnt for you. However, if you want to completely tune out, meet some truly wonderful people, and try a different experience - than I reccommend Little Bay Cabins.

A few things to know about this resort:

1) There is no A/C in the rooms, but you really don't need it. It is wonderful to sleep in the open fresh air, with the sounds of the ocean.

2) This is a NO CASH property. Everything is done by credit card, including your drinks and food, so just be prepared for that.

3) Like I said earlier, there isn't much around the area, so I strongly suggest for bringing some snacks for your room.

Shout out to: Dwayne, Asmar, O'Shane, and Topshelf! Until next year!

Paul and Sarah

Room Tip: Cabin number 5 is stand alone.
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had read all reviews and my party and I came with little expectation (hoping not to be disappointed). I noticed immediately many positives...great flowers, cute signs, brightly painted cabins. After a bit of confusion we had our request fulfilled and three couples ended up with two beachfront cabins...one couple sharing the two bedroom "Legend". This cabin has a great front porch, and a refrigerator...but no stove. Patsy tends to this cabin well, but much of the staff is around too much, keeping keys and entering upon whim much of the day. This could be deemed as attentiveness but seemed a bit overkill. Rooms are hot during the day (no need to be in there then anyway) but cool down beautifully, and the lapping of the waves is magical.

This cabin also has GIANT cockroaches...which were very apparent particularly after it rained. Horrifying...ran out of the shower, over our feet in the bathroom, and scuttled across the floor at daybreak and nightfall.

The sunsets are beautiful, the food is substandard and overpriced. Small improvements would go a long way to make this place a treasure.

The owner's wife came and offered us fruit on the first day...nearly rotten...and charged us $20 US...shame on her and shame on us for being gullible.

The owner bad mouthed Wayne's World hoping to keep us on the compound spending money. We opted not to listen and visited WW twice during our 3 night stay...finding he and his family charming and the food above average and made to order. Note. Wayne's World is located out the main gate and not a 5 minute walk turning left.

We brought breakfast bars and ate pb&j for lunch!

We enjoyed the bat cave and bob marley tours and Lucky the dog escorted us everywhere.

Highly recommend Joe Cool taxi service for any travel needs. Good communicators, reliable, punctual and great!

This place was not our cup of tea and we shall not return but life is an adventure.

Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Have your expectations clear before visiting and you will enjoy. LBC is remote which means a lot of things aren't immediately available. If you prefer everything laid out for you, this may not be the best place to visit. Joe Cool's taxi from MoBay airport charged $80 per way, which will save you some money. On the way we stopped at a Mega Mart which is basically Super Wal Mart. Here we got bread, pbj, and a few other things eat. We opted to not get the meal plan and it worked out. Between the continental breakfast, the food we brought with us, and the options outside of LBC we didn't eat lunch or dinner there at all. Wayne's offers a reasonable price and a lot of good tasting food, and I highly recommend asking Chubby what he can cook for you, as his prices are also fair. We found his food to be the best of the entire trip, and his PATTIES ARE GREAT so make sure you try them for yourself. He also took us to Negril (Ricks cafe,shopping,beach, jerk chicken) for a very decent price. In general the locals will do most things that LBC offers for cheaper, just ask them. Everything was clean and most of the staff seemed friendly although not quite to the degree that other reviewers have said. But we weren't necessarily the ideal guest as we barley spent any money at LBC. Come with an open mind and welcome being out of the rat race for a few days-- Have a dirty banana or a hummingbird from the bartender and just relax.

Room Tip: There is no AC in any of the rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Little Bay Cabins? Share your experiences!