“Perfect Weekend Away” 5 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Loxton, Axbridge BS26 2HU, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Axbridge
Quarry Bank
“Perfect Weekend Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Just returned from a weekend at the webbington hotel and spa this is our third stay and I can honestly say that I can not fault the place, we have always been happy with our rooms, they are spotless as are the bathrooms, the breakfast is excellent always very fresh and hot with a good choice, we use the webbington to visit family in Brean and to trip to Wells or Cheddar, the pool is large and very well maintained, can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We like the rooms in the main hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Mandy B

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that once again you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and took the opportunity to relax and enjoy the leisure facilities and pool. Your feedback and comments are very welcome and I will be sure to share them with the management and staff, who I know will be pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the Webbington Hotel & Spa, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards
Webbington Hotel & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Excellent value for money on a three day pre Easter deal, especially when Spa facilities were included and access to the best hot stone massage ever with therapist Sue Gale.
Just make sure you don't get a fire alarm in the middle of the night!

Room Tip: go for the low numbers in the main building
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Susan H

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your three night Pre-Easter stay with us and that you took full advantage of our leisure and spa facilities, I will be sure to pass on your feedback to all concerned and I know they will also be very pleased to read your comments.

Best regards
Swindon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed here with my sister for a 3 night birthday 'spa break'. Paid £220 for bed and breakfast and stayed in the Annex in a twin room which was, quite frankly, filthy. There is no option to book a superior twin, only a standard twin. Despite complaining about the state of the room on arrival, absolutely nothing was done to rectify it during our three day stay. If anything was jutting out, it had dust on it. There was blood on the outside of the door (not ours), dust and filth on the bathroom floor, ingrained filth on the shower screen and limescale on the shower head. Due to the tiny coffee facilities - a plastic shelf on the wall - there was coffee and tea stains all down the wall, and splashed up the wall by the dressing table. There was a very fetching plastic bin in the room, with tea and coffee splashes surrounding it, and again down the wall. Stains down the wardrobe door and thick dust on the picture rails complemented the other stains. As we wanted a twin room, we separated the beds on arrival to give us some small space between them. This resulted in not being able to sit at the dressing table as the room was so small. On the plus side the bedding was fresh and clean. The room service came in daily to make up the beds and replenish the coffee but that was the extent of house keeping. We used a plastic cup from the bathroom which was left by the bed. It was there for the duration, not replaced with a new one or taken away - surely for the price new plastic cups are not too much to ask for? The food at both breakfast and dinner was very nice, hot and well cooked. The staff in the restaurant were also helpful and friendly. The swimming pool was clean and warm, but I find the term 'spa hotel' slightly stretching the truth. There is a sauna and a steam room (not working!) to complement the pool however to access them you need to leave the pool, walk through the pool reception,through the gym and then through their gym class room. Quite a chilly walk as they do not offer you robes or foot wear as do other 'spas', just a small towel. The changing rooms are also the other side of the pool. None of this is conducive for a relaxing spa day....so it is merely a hotel with a pool and sauna. The treatments that they offer however were great, very reasonably priced, great value for money and the lady doing them was lovely. I have attached some photos to show what we found. All in all, a very disappointing break with staff who clearly couldn't be bothered to respond to our (fully justified) complaints about cleanliness. In fact the majority of the staff appeared disinterested. And I do object to being called 'darling'! To add insult to injury the fire alarm went off during the 2nd night... apparently a 'glitch' in the system! The communual areas were also very grubby and dusty. Certainly not value for money and would not return to or suggest it to friends. Very tired hotel, and it would appear, staff.

Room Tip: Avoid any room in the Annex, but if you get room 116 let me know if the stains are still there!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jen1204.

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention via TripAdvisor and also our online guest satisfaction survey, I would also like to assure you that your conversation with our telephone customer service agent following your departure has been logged and an investigation into your experience, comments and valued feedback is in full operation. We will contact you directly in the near future following our investigation and to also offer a personal apology from the management team at the hotel.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise myself for your experience in the allocated guestroom and reassure you that this was indeed an isolated incident and the points raised will be addressed immediately. As you can read from the many previous reviews our guestrooms are kept to our own very high standards and the housekeeping team at the hotel receive many positive comments, however this was obviously not the case during your recent visit. Your feedback is most welcome and will be used to help us maintain and improve our standards and services to ensure all our guests an enjoyable and comfortable experience during their stay with us.

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding breakfast and dinner and I was pleased to read that you found our restaurant staff helpful and friendly, I will be sure to pass on your comments.

Thank you for choosing the Webbington Hotel & Spa, we do hope that you will consider returning at some future point to experience our hotel and hospitality as we intend for all our guests and I can assure you of an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

Prudhoe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have stayed here several times recently, but always in the main building, i was allocated a room in the annex, which makes rooms at the Premier Travel Inn look large and luxurious. It was not helped by there being a wedding, so the usual drunks charging up and down the coridoor at 02.30 hours was a pain in the proverbial. If you want to stay there insist in a Main Building room, but avoid 12 and 14 as they are over the kitchen.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Jamie_and_Wanny

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that you have visited our hotel on several occasions recently and that you enjoyed your previous experiences. However I was disappointed that we could not exceed your expectations on you most recent stay, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused during this visit and for the noise disturbance you encountered by other guests. We strive to ensure all our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay, please contact the hotel directly should you require a future reservation as we would like to personally assist with your next booking so that we can allocate you a guestroom in the main house and assure you of an enjoyable stay.

Thank you for choosing the Webbington Hotel, we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Regards
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was last at the Webbington many years ago, when I recall it was a little dog-eared and the service was not good. I was therefore apprehensive about out stay, but I was very pleasantly surprised by our welcome and the standard of service. The property still lacks a bit of investment but is really in quite acceptable condition and the staff were lovely and couldn't do enough for us.

We ate with friends in a busy restaurant (the hotel was full) but the food was served in reasonable time, was hot and very appetising. The management kindly cordoned off a section of the car park for our 12 cars on tour and even popped out on arrival, to move the barriers for us to save us getting out. The buffet breakfast was excellent and one of the best I've experienced.

I have very pleasant memories of our stay and we will certainly return when the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: Try and get a room close to reception as some rooms are approached from outside with a bit of a walk...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Lancerlot

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you and your party thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and found the dedicated team at the hotel welcoming, friendly and helpful throughout. I will be sure to pass on your comments and feedback to each member of staff that helped make your stay so memorable and enjoyable and I know they will all be very pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the Webbing Hotel & Spa and we do look forward to welcoming you back again, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly or via our website as we would like to personally assist you with any future bookings.

Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Booked a family room for a wedding reception in the hotel. When we arrived we found the room was many stairs up and only just a double, with a travel cot and a 'put u up' bed. It was impossible to open the wardrobe doors because there wasn't enough room. The overall cleanliness of the room was much to be desired. A packet of cigarette papers was under the bed. In fact the corridor smelt strongly of stale cigarette smoke. The stair carpets are worn in places. The windows in the bedroom and ensuite were dirty both inside and out. The room charge was £120 for one night, and we were told this was discounted because we were wedding guests!! . The staff on duty for breakfast the following day were very efficient and polite, the buffet food was adequate, and restocked frequently. This is the only reason I scored it higher than I felt the whole experience deserved

Room Tip: Try to ensure you are not given room 16
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kinz_12

Thank you for taking some time to review your recent stay with us. I was somewhat surprised to read your comments as the housekeeping department at the hotel is normally highly praised and extremely efficient, however this does not seem to be the case with your guest room. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused due to any lack of diligence on the part of the housekeepers. I will be sure to discuss your feedback with the management and relevant head of department so that we may continue to offer the level of service we pride ourselves on. I would just like to point out that the whole hotel is none smoking and we do not allow any form of smoking in any internal guest areas. Smoking however is permitted in the designated external smoking areas.

I was pleased to read that you found our staff welcoming, friendly and helpful during breakfast and that you enjoyed the extensive hot and cold breakfast buffet. Your feedback is most welcome.

Thank you for choosing the Webbington Hotel & Spa we do hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back again soon and exceed your expectations.

Sussex, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is a very good value Best Western hotel. Easy to book via the BW website and an excellent price for an advance booking. We had a room in the main house - the room was nicely decorated and clean. As with most attic rooms, the windows were small but the views were not worthy of a photo in any case.
The only real issue we had was the very limited central heating. It came on a few times during our stay but not for long and it wasn't adjustable from the room. So late at night and early in the morning it was very cold. I had to have a very long shower to get warm.

I can recommend the hotel for trips to Weston, Cheddar etc. but if I stayed again outside the summer I will bring a small fan heater.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear tootrocker

Thank you for your recent review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the booking process straight forward with easy to choose rates and room types. We offer various room types and rates and many guests, as yourself chose the advance booking option as this offers a discount for booking early.

I would just like to apologise for any inconvenience that arose due to the central heating, I have asked the management at the hotel to look into your comments so that all future guests can enjoy a comfortable stay. The hotel does have additional heating options available for any guests requiring such a service, so please be rest assured that on your next visit you will be able to control the temperature of your allocated guest room to accommodate your individual requirements.

Thank you for choosing the Webbington Hotel & Spa we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly should you require a future booking as we would personally like to assist you with your next reservation.

Guest Relations Manger
Webbington Hotel & Spa

Been to BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!