“reasonable hotel in nice setting and got at very good price” 4 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Loxton, Axbridge BS26 2HU, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Axbridge
harrogate
“reasonable hotel in nice setting and got at very good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

i am going to review the hotel on what the price i paid through BEST WESTERN winter deals of £34.50 including breakfast...the hotel is in a lovely setting although it looks tired in places and could do with updating what do you expect for the the price i paid ...i was given room 17 which is in the main building and on the top floor you have to walk the maze of corridors and stairs to the room which was a family room a double and single ..the room was clean with modern bathroom with powerful shower ..the room could do with some stronger lighting as it looked a bit dull...the room was warm and there was an extra heater if you required it ...the bed was one of the most comfortable i have stopped in ...i did not have breakfast on the first day but as i was working in the same area another day i returned to the hotel booking again by the BEST WESTERN site on the winter deals ..i asked for the same room which the very polite and effiicient receptionist obliged with...must say one of the nicest and friendliest receptionist i have met who was willing to talk and had a smile on her face ....ate both nights from the bar menu even though it lacked a large variety what i ordered was excellent and good value ...breakfast on second morning was self service buffet and could not be faulted ...if you are expecting a state of the art hotel this is not the place for you but as a old bulding which is now a hotel it has characterin a lovely setting and at the price i paid was very good value if i had been paying £60.00plus a night i would give it an average rating but would still be willing to return there

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear jetboot

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel and staff welcoming, friendly and helpful throughout.

I will be certain to pass on your comments and feedback to of our staff members that helped make your stay comfortable and enjoyable and I know they will be pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the Webbington Hotel & Spa, we do hope to welcome you back again soon and should you require a future reservation please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly and take advantage of our Best Rate Guarantee.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
North Cornelly, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Our first room, the bottom sheet of bed had clearly not been changed, room drab, lighting only two wall lights, bathroom filthy. Moved to second room still dusty, but brighter, pokey bathroom all had seen better days. Throughout the stay it sounded like water was gushing through ceiling every now and then. You could hear every movement of people upstairs. The stairs looked as though they hadn't been hoovered in weeks. The quick dash in the rain between main building and bedrooms was not pleasant as no undercover bits. The website shows beautiful bedrooms and a lovely fire place, and to be honest the photos were nothing like the quality shown. The swimming pool was very cold and to get to the saunas you had to trek through the gym in your bathing suit! Breakfast was ok but nothing special. Oh and one of the receptionists didn't know how to say please or thank you! We couldn't get into the bar early evening as they had a wedding and another function on, so we left the premises to eat and drink elsewhere, which made it worse as it was raining hard and very windy and I was on crutches and after all the stairs and no lifts it was a very unpleasant stay. Sorry for the rant!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Beverley H

Firstly I would like to thank you for your review and also assure you that there is no need to apologise for your feedback. We welcome all customer feedback and constructive comments which in turn helps us maintain and improve our services and standards and identify any areas that need our attention.

I must admit however that I was extremely surprised and disappointed to read your comments as the housekeeping team and the leisure facilities at the Webbington Hotel would normally receive positive feedback and complimentary comments, especially regarding our heated pool, as you can read from many previous reviews. Unfortunately this was not the case during your visit and I sincerely apologise for not exceeding your expectations.

I would like to assure you that your review will be discussed with the hotel general manager and his team to ensure any areas of the hotel or service that require our attention are addressed immediately and rectified.

I would very much like for you to experience our hotel as we intend for all our guests to, should you require accommodation in the area at any future point please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly and we will be only too pleased to assist you with a reservation and I can assure you of a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
Kildare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I use this hotel quite regularly, and although a bit worn and in need of some decoration, the value for money and service outweigh the negatives.

I stayed there last night and although there was an issue with my radiator, the manager was responsive and was up to my room in 10 mins with a replacement heater, the room is always comfortable and I get a great nights sleep there always.

On check out, the receptionist took time to explain the central heating was being upgraded and again apologised.

Breakfast is always a pleasure and service excellent.

Hard to find anything better for the excellent price also.

My only suggestion would be to cover the walkway to the courtyard rooms and to remove builders materials etc from the corridors, I know work is going on, but it doesn't take much to move it from site at night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear TravellerKildare

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you once again enjoyed another stay at our hotel. It is always good to read when a member of our team has helped overcome any inconveniences and ensured our guests have received the level of customer service that I know the staff at the Webbington Hotel pride themselves on.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the management at the hotel so that we may ensure all our guests of a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Thank you for choosing the Webbington Hotel & Spa once again and I do hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night on 19th Jan.
We checked in fine, stayed in room 18. First thing we noticed was flies on the windows. Didn't want to make it an issue, so just opened the windows and let the flies out. However, 1 or 2 of them reappeared out of god-know-where. Let them out again. Few hours later, 1 reappeared. So, didn't bother afterwards.
Other than that, room is good size. Bed is huge and comfy. All the staffs were polite and nice. Indoor pool, sauna and steam room..... Lovely.

Dear CK242

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that you found our hotel and staff welcoming and polite and that you took the opportunity to make use of our leisure facilities and thoroughly enjoyed your experience.

Your comments are most welcome and I can assure you that we take all customer feedback very seriously indeed and act where necessary to ensure all our guests of a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Thank you for choosing the Webbington Hotel and Spa we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.
swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I visited this hotel for a business trip in January 2014 for 3 nights. My first room was lovely but there was a noise which stopped me from sleeping so I asked to be moved at 11pm. The staff were friendly and courteous and made sure I was comfortable in the room change. The facilities were good and the bar food was very good value for money which is not often the case in hotels! I will be back here again soon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Emma T

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you found our dedicated staff offered ‘Fantastic customer service’ they do indeed pride themselves on the level of customer service they offer and it is always a pleasure to read when this has helped make a guests stay that little more memorable and enjoyable. I will be certain to pass on your comments and I know the management and staff will also be very pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the Webbington Hotel and Spa and we look forward to welcoming you back on your return, in the meantime if we can be of any help or assistance with regards to a future booking please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly.
Hampshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 16-18 Jan arrived here in the heavy rain and dark so it was quite difficult to assess properly from the outside. Receptionist was very friendly but the hotel from the outset appeared very worn.
This only got worse on the trek to our room. We had to go back outside with no cover and into another building. This was dirty with paint worn off the banister, building materials propped up against the wall the carpet had definitely seen better days and was in serious need of a vacuum.
Our room was like a very low standard B&B shabby and the bathroom had nowhere to put the bath towels or wash kits. Having said that the bed was comfortable.
The lounge area is cosy and was lovely with the log fire going.
We went down to the restaurant and I was pleasantly surprised by the menu. I chose the fig and Stilton to start. This had obviously been left out for some time as the salad leaves were wilted and crushed by the ingredients and the cheese cubes very dry. The belly pork Marco Polo was tiny and very dry the sauce and beans luke warm. The potatoes in cream were cold in patches and had that nasty reheated flavour. The carrots and swede were also cold so both dishes were sent back and obviously put back in the microwave!
My boyfriends steak was well cooked but the red wine sauce took over the whole dish.
The bedroom walls were so thin we could hear our neighbour snoring over the sound of the television.
Breakfast was no better and my haddock had also received the microwave treatment and it was like eating rubber. The buffet ingredients were lukewarm and tasteless.
A HEADS UP TO ALL G&T LOVERS!
They don't know what Hendricks is so don't be surprised to discover they don't sell it.
This is one property we won't be returning to despite friendly staff. Shame because it could be so much better with more care and decent chef.

Dear one2one

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that you found the dedicated team at our hotel very friendly; however I was disappointed to read that your guest room and restaurant meal did not meet with your expectations.

We receive many positive comments regarding our hotel and the facilities provided which can be seen from the many previous reviews, however I would like to assure you that we do value your feedback and I will be personally discussing your comments with the management team at the hotel so that we may maintain and improve our high standards and services for all guests to enjoy. Please accept my sincere apologies for any areas of your stay that did not meet with your expectations.

Thank you for choosing the Webbington Hotel and Spa we certainly hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Great Night! The Food and service was well organised and plenty of staff available. Very good value £24.99 for 3 courses meal and great entertainment. Dr Chocolate are a great band, I will be looking out for them in 2014.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear familyhols03

Thank you for your recent review following the Christmas Party night attended. We have had many compliments regarding our party nights and the entertainment on our themed nights, I will be sure to pass on your comments to everyone that helped make your experience so enjoyable.

Doctor Chocolate has been appearing at the hotel for some time now and we receive many requests for them to play at weddings and functions and I too agree they are a great band. Did you know they have a website which includes video performances and information regarding the band? I am unable to post the website address in my reply but all you need do is search the words ‘doctor chocolate’ in your favourite search engine and they appear at the very top of the page.

Thank you for choosing the Webbington Hotel and Spa for your Christmas Party Night, we do hope we will see you again this year.

Been to BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!