“Best weekend break we have had in the UK” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Loxton, Axbridge BS26 2HU, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Axbridge
london
“Best weekend break we have had in the UK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We booked direct as it was cheaper than laterooms.com on thursday checked in friday and stayed for 2 nights the hotel looks lovely from the outside very clean and well kept
the reception is bright and staff very polite and cheery
we booked a standard room and we were 2nd floor in the courtyard, the room was lovely great big bed very clean , the bed and pillows were more comfortable than mine at home.
we had breakfast and evening meal both nights and we could not fault the food and the staff
the wine waiter was very cheery and polite.
we used the spa both days using the pool and the steam room again very clean and the staff very helpfull
all in all one of the best weekend breaks we have had in the uk
we visted loads of sites from Wookey Hole to Cheddar Gorge and would go back again
the hotel is very convenient for all attractions
there was a wedding whilst we were there and the music was loadish if you opened your window
i am a light sleeper and it did not disturb me.

Room Tip: Phone the hotel before checking in i am sure they will help you choose a room that suits you
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our hotel and facilities to a high standard. Many guests comment on our friendly and efficient staff and also the excellent leisure facilities that our complimentary to hotel guests. I was also glad to read that you took the opportunity to dine in the restaurant for both breakfast and dinner and that you found this extremely good. I have passed on your comments to all who helped make your stay so enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Port Douglas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The advertising photograph of the hotel does not do it justice. The hotel is set on the edge of the Mendips overlooking stunning countryside. For the keen walkers there are many sign posted footpaths (mostly uphill!) to explore. The hotel is old and rambling with an air of past grandeur. Our room had recently been redocorated and was clean and tidy albeit a little compact. The food was excellent, we ate both in the bar and the restaurant. Our two night deal included a good hot and cold breakfast buffet. The reception staff were cheerful and ready to help. A great break, excellent value for money, a lovely location and certainly worth another visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and took the opportunity to dine in both our bar and restaurant. Many guests comment on our friendly and attentive staff and also our location in such an area of natural outstanding beauty. The hotel offers many period features along with modern leisure club facilities and spa. Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights, I was given a room out in the court yard on the second floor and next to the stair well,
Every guest could be heard climbing up and down the stairs into the small hours, and if that didn't keep you awake the constant rumble of an extremely noisy fan ensured that it was impossible to sleep at all. Considering the poor accessibility from the M5 the road noise could be heard even with the windows shut!
Then for the duvet! This was the first "double" bed I have ever slept in that has the equivalent of a single duvet, good job that the heating was not individually controllable and had been set by the hotel to total melt down as the duvet would never have kept me and my partner warm. This was also heightened due to the windows being closed to reduce road noise.
The staff at reception were either extremely good or well practiced as they were able to offer an alternative without quibble.
Night 2 room 2 with a move down the corridor everything was set for a good nights sleep. Larger bed "2 singles together" no noisy neighbouring fan, and no stair well and the duvet fit the bed.
Almost perfect...but wait a minute... i forgot the conversations, and television program's, and toilet habits, of the neighbouring rooms that might as well have taken place in my room sound proofing? What sound proofing? The walls are wafer thin.
I would also like to thank The two men / boys in the twin room 216 for their consideration when slamming, crashing, whistling out of tune, shouting, and for having the TV so loud that I could listen to their tv without the trouble of switching mine on! [--]!!!
Why stay 3 nights I hear you ask!
Unfortunately by the third night there was nothing in the area available, but never again!
Please take my advice and don't bother, I stay in hotels for approx 100 nights per year all over the uk and this is truly the worst I have experienced!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Latona L, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was glad to read that you found the reception staff extremely good and dealt with your initial concern in a well-practiced manner. I was also glad to read that the alternative room offered was more suitable to your requirements.
That being said I would like to offer my sincere apologies for any noise or disturbance you encountered during your stay. I have spoken with the hotel general manager at length and he assures me that a repair has been carried out on the noisy fan and the heating has been adjusted to offer a more comfortable nights rest. The housekeeping department have been instructed to complete a room check across the whole hotel to ensure all duvets are the correct size and fit for each bed and that every room offers all the comforts expected by our guests.
I would like to thank you for your feedback, this enables us to maintain and improve our standards and services, along with anticipating the changing needs of all our guests to ensure a more comfortable and enjoyable stay on your return.
Thank you for choosing a Latona Leisure Group hotel and should you require accommodation in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be only too happy to assist you with your next reservation. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Spent three nights here , this is not our first visit to the Webbington but every time the staff are friendly and the whole stay proves to be execellet value for money .
There is always a nice breakfast , although a couple of the breakfast staff need to remember that they are there to accomodate the guests not bark at the guests

Room Tip: Some rooms are a little dated
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was glad to read that once again you found your stay with us to be excellent and great value for money. We thank you for your comments and I can assure you that they have been relayed to the relevant departments. Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed with a friend for a girlie night away. Spa was lovely, laid by the pool and read our kindles! Dinner was great, good food - fantastic service. Room was good, beds comfi, Breakfast was excellent - no complaints at all... Reception staff were all lovely, one older lady was a bit rude and certainly did not go 'the extra mile' but the two young girls on Reception were very professional and friendly.

Room Tip: We had room 7 - quiet, reasonably large twin with a lovely view..
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you took advantage of our leisure facilities and restaurant. Many guests comment on our professional and friendly staff and I have passed on your comments to all concerned. Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
somerset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Me and my fiancé came here for a one night stay on Thursday 14th Feb for Valentines. We have never been here before but had been recommended by many of our friends and family so we thought we would give it a go.
From the minute we walked in it was absolutely lovely, and the lady on the reception desk was really helpful and couldn't have done enough for us. We found our room which was 111. It was lovely airy, just the right temperature and it was a lovely comfy bed!
We went in the swimming pool which was lovely, it was so relaxing, and hardly anyone in there which was even better!
Then we went in the steam room which was wonderful too.
We dined in the restaurant in the evening which was fantastic. 3 courses for £19.50 is wonderful.
I as a vegetarian find it hard to dine in certain places but they catered for me. I had the goats cheese with rocket to start, then a mushroom and spinach roulade which was to die for with lovely veg and roast potatoes. Then a passionate cheesecake which was wonderful. My fiancé enjoyed his also.
Really good service in the restaurant and a lovely atmosphere.
We also had room service which was prompt and polite.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay. There was an odd noise coming from the hallway at night which as repetitive but it wasn't really a problem. The bed is so comfortable and the rooms are lovely. Thanks very much for making our stay a lovely one.
I will persuade my fiancé to come here again take me for my birthday later on this year :)
Thank you very much.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us and that the hotel was recommended to you. Many of our guests comment on our annual Valentines offers and the friendly staff and excellent leisure and spa facilities, I was also glad to read that you enjoyed your dinner in our restaurant and took advantage of our table d’hôte menu. Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, we look forward to welcoming you back again for your birthday later this year.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night with breakfast.

Breakfast was amazing full english buffet and great selection of continental.

Made full use of the fantastic gym and swimming facilities. The pool was absolutely beautiful and I had it all to myself.

The room and bathroom was huge and renovated to a very high standard.

Unfortunately we had some exceptionally noisy neighbours. The hotel had warned us there would be a Young farmers party the night of our stay and offered a different date but we needed to stay that particular night.
We hadn't realised the party would be in the next room. At 4am I phoned reception to ask if the music in the next room could be turned off.
The man who dealt with the complaint was fantastic and seconds later was banging on the door to the next room and did not stop until the noise had, he returned 3 more times and by 5 am I was well on my way to a comfy nights sleep.

This hotel was amazing and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and took the opportunity to visit our leisure club and spa. I was also glad to read that our night manager dealt with your request quickly and efficiently. We value all guests’ feedback and comments to help us ensure a more comfortable and enjoyable stay. Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!