“Happy bay: best beach” 5 of 5 stars

Stamford, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
“Happy bay: best beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My family and I were at friars bay with friends. The waves there were huge and very dangerous. I actually saw a lady almost dround. So we took a small walk to happy beach. There was a small amount of people there. There is a stand for food . The atmosphere is very nice. Although the hike to get there is rocky it is worth it!

Visited December 2012

canada
13 attraction reviews
“Beautfiul Secluded beach.... but beware...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I hiked to this beach from Friars bay. It was only a 10 mins hike. We were aware that nudist go to this beach so we weren't shocked when we arrived. Most of them were off to the far side and there were mostly people in their bathing suits.

shorly after we arrived a boat load of 20 nudist arrived and set up camp. They were there for hours taking over the bar and doing weird activities nude in the sand. It was quiet funny to watch.

if you don't mind seeing older me and women nude playing games its a really pretty beach to relax on.

oh yeah I had read on tripadvisor before we went that there is sometimes a few people who masterbate on the beach near the bushes. We did see two men doing this. IT was awkard but my husband went up to them if they were close to us and then they left.

I dont' think this is a beach for children and we wouldn't go back cause of those two inappropriate men.

Visited December 2012
Tampa, Florida
17 attraction reviews
“Our top beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was our preferred beach, after having visited Anse Marcel, Friars' Bay, Orient Beach, Mullet Bay and many others. We liked the fact that there are not so many people, the waters are so beautiful and calm all the time and the several tropical trees provide for nice natural shade if needed. There is small shack where you can get something to drink (ice cold beer too) and at a 7 minutes hike, two restaurants. I could go back now and never leave.

Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
“Worth Finding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is such a beautiful beach! I can't believe we were lucky enough to have it all to ourselves! The water was beautiful and calm, I can't wait to go back!

Indian Trail, North Carolina
“Private, relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Great views, like being on your own private island.
This is always on our list of to dos.
Water is gorgeous, natural shade from trees, chairs available if you wish. Beers and lunch for sale.