“Fantastic Teacher!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 attractions in Saint-Martin
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: American Tennis Academy is a complete tennis facility located on the French side of St. Martin. We offer tennis training programs for Juniors and Adults of all skill levels as well as tennis vacation packages, tennis lessons, tennis clinics and court rentals. For tennis lessons with Oliver it's best to reserve in advance. We can also set up games for tennis players who are on vacation on St. Martin. 2 lighted tennis courts, open 7/7, Snack Lounge with Wifi access as well as an Outlet store where you can find the top brands at great prices.
Savannah, Georgia
“Fantastic Teacher!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

After 20 lessons from Oliver I can't say enough good things about him and the lovely Jennifer. I was a complete beginner with no experience and have had a great experience. Oliver is a perfectionist and wouldn't let me away with anything, while he was direct, tough and frank he was also very encouraging and funny. He picks up on the little things that he see's going wrong and corrects them straight away and before I knew it I was playing so much better. I'll miss my early mornings with the two of them and will definitely be back when I get the chance - I was so fortunate as a beginner to find such a great teacher. Thank you Oliver and Jennifer. See you next year.

Visited December 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Don't miss this opportunity!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

If you are on St. Martin do not pass up the chance to take a lesson from Oliver. He and Jennifer are both fantastic and the facility is excellent! I am a beginner and went to Oliver thinking I just needed to learn how to serve, after about 15 seconds he realized I needed alot more help than just a serve. In just two lessons he went through the fundamentals of my forehand and backhand and corrected some errors which gave me confidence to go out and play with friends who have way more experience than me. Oliver isn't just trying to earn a fee, he really does care about his students and wants to see them become better players.

Visited November 2012
Les900, Manager at American Tennis Academy, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your time at American Tennis Academy and we are very happy to hear that you will continue playing tennis! It's very essential for Oliver to give his students the "tennis message". Thanks for taking the time to write this review. All the best to you. Kindly, Jennifer
great neck, ny
“Tennis in SXM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We have been going to SXM for many years. We know Oliver Becaud from his earlier locations. Now he has a new modern facility with two courts. He gives both private and group lessons. He is an excellent teacher and can give his lessons is various languages.

Visited April 2012
Westborough, Massachusetts
“Great place for tennis on St Martin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

By chance we stayed right up the street from ATA. Oliver and Jennifer, the owners, are fantastic, and so is their facility. Oliver puts his heart and soul into lessons, and is able to quickly identify and communicate your weak points. Jennifer is also an excellent player, and both of them will work to arrange hitting sessions or matches with local players, within to your schedule. If you're looking to keep your game toned up, or just stay in shape during your time in SM, this is the place! The location is convenient to Pinel island, Orient beach, and Grand Case, but can be reached quickly by car from any point on the island.

Visited August 2012
laurel, MS
4 attraction reviews
“Improved my game a LOT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Thanks to Oliver for his instruction at this well-kept and well-appointed facility in St. Martin. Oliver's instruction, in his memorable French accent, will remain in my brain when I sadly leave this beautiful oasis of a place. Oliver is demanding and insistent and he does not just try to get through the lesson and earn his pay. Instead, he takes pride in the technical skills he is able to pass along in even a couple of hour-long lessons. Constantly correcting and encouraging, he is a master coach. Perhaps his best feature is his lovely wife Jennifer, who is careful and thorough about managing the facility and charming the guests. I want to bring all my tennis friends back for a week or two! (but then again, do I really want them to know the Oliver technique so they can beat me at tennis -- nah!)

Visited August 2012