“Best Island Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best Island Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Hi! I am a travel agent with Pixie and Pirate Destinations. We do all DIsney locations. I was on a personal DIsney cruise that stopped in St. Maarten. The tour was arranged by another person on my sailing. She opened it up to everyone and I jumped at the chance. My husband and I were able to score the last two spots.

Joyce gave us the change before the tour to customize the tour. We picked where were were going, how long we would be there and what we wanted to see. Joyce had suggestions and secret locations she recommended also.

She was on time and showed up with Water, Soda and Rum Punch. She also took us to a little local restaurant for lunch.

I can not recommend this tour enough and will be sharing Joyce's information with my team of Agents as well as all of my guests.

Peoria, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
“Best Tour EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I spent today with Joyce, touring the island that Joyce passionately loves - St. Maarten. This is our 5th trip to SXM and with every trip, we fall more deeply in love with this Caribbean paradise.

We have visited most beaches, shopping areas and tourist hot spots on our previous visits. When we booked Joyce, we did so with the hope of learning more about St. Maarten, both the good and the bad. We wanted a view of St. Maarten that only a resident could provide. We wanted to learn about SXM schools,government and culture - Joyce could not have done a better job filling our needs and educating us.

First impressions of Joyce - passionate, compassionate, SMART AND FUNNY! Joyce regaled us with stories of local "characters," some we had met, some we hadn't. Joyce took us to the Friar Bay studio of Ruby Bute, a renowned local artist. Ruby's studio is filled with her beautiful painting and poetry and we loved spending time with Ruby (and yes, we bought some wonderful art).

Joyce is involved with several local charities and community organizations and the genuine concern and compassion she has for her fellow islanders is touching.

Joyce's greatest attribute is that she tailors each tour to her customer's needs and desires. We spent 10 minutes at the beginning of the tour discussing what we wanted to see and Joyce took it from there. On a scale of 1-10, Joyce delivered a 12 and we will always cherish our time with her.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
“Fantastic !!! Must Do Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Going to St. Maarten/St. Martin for the first time by cruise ship for one day, I knew I needed someone with great local knowledge for an excellent tour. Found Joyce on Tripadvisor and I now know that all those great reviews are spot-on correct. Joyce arrived on-time just outside the cruise terminal and escorted us into her large, comfortable, well maintained, Ford passenger van (with outstanding air conditioning). There were 4 of us: my wife, my son, his fiancé and me. We had no real idea of what we wanted to see, so we let Joyce take us on her usual tour. We visited great vistas, local neighborhoods, several seashore locations (including Orient Beach and Maho Beach) and shopping areas. Joyce is very affable and knowledgeable about St. Maarten and St. Martin. She took us to Sandy's Waterfront Bar and Restaurant (with covered outdoor seating) where we had a great lunch which included local foods (or simple American-style food if you wanted it). We let Joyce pick a restaurant where we cold get a sampling of local food with American-style food available; she picked a great spot. We were able to get out of the van at multiple locations and Joyce urged us to let her know if we wanted to get out or go anywhere in particular. We picked-up some souvenirs from local vendors at prices well below the usual tourist shops. Make sure you visit Maho Beach to see the planes land & take-off. As part of the tour, we could have gone swimming at one of the local beaches if we chose to so, but we were too engaged with touring and listening to Joyce to take time to swim. We learned quite a bit about the history of the island, the local culture, the two governments and the economy. Make sure you have your camera. I'll contact Joyce again for another tour whenever I get back to St. Maarten-St. Martin.

“MUST DO when you land”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Joyce is amazing! Another person that you can truly trust on the island. She loves the island and love making sure her clients get to see and experience all the they wish.

We booked her to get a better idea of the island of St Maarten, and it was the best idea ever. We did her typical tour 4.5 hours; now we are better equipped to travel around the island ourselves.

ALSO, we booked all of our adventures; fishing, snorkeling off small uninhabited islands, horseback riding, and more... she was able to get us the best price, a better price than I was able to get myself (ie.. fishing charter wanted to charge me $1200 for a full day, and she got it for us at $800).

Joyce goes out of her way to make sure you will have a good time!!

Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“A must on St. Martin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had the pleasure of spending the day with Joyce when we went to St. Martin on our recent cruise. Nothing but fantastic things to say! First of all, you feel like you've known Joyce for your whole life. She's fun to talk to, extremely knowledgeable about all things St. Martin and just an all around great person. She customized our tour to be exactly what we were looking for. We drove all over the island, stopped to take pictures of beautiful scenery, stopped by the beach, ate a delicious restaurant on the French side and did a little shopping. She even had homemade rum punch for us to try! My fiance and I would recommend her to anyone in the area and will absolutely be back for another tour with her!

Visited August 2013