“THE BEST day of the trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 105 Activities in Sint Maarten
Eudora, Kansas
“THE BEST day of the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had Joyce as a tour guide for our day in St. Maarten. We had 19 family members including 9 kids. Joyce was FANTASTIC! She was so knowledgeable and she made the tour perfect for our group. She encouraged questions and especially questions from the kids. She was so patient with the younger children and their funny questions. Whenever we showed an interest in seeing something she was happy to take us there. Some of our family members were worried that a day in a bus wouldn't be very enjoyable with 9 kids, but Joyce made it a wonderful day and everyone was thrilled with our tour. KUDOS to Joyce and our driver Vince.

Visited May 2013

Berwick, Louisiana
12 attraction reviews
“Joyce is an amazing guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We (4 adults, 12 yr old, 11 yr old, 8 yr old) booked Joyce for a tour of St. Martin. She was an outstanding guide. The entire time she talked with us about the island and it's history. She is incredible with kids and adults. She took us to a great souvenir store with the lowest prices on the island. Great opportunity to stock up on St. Martin merchandise. Then Maho beach where planes landed just feet from the beach. Great stops for pictures. A visit to an outstanding outside market on the French side of the island with a great pastry shop. Then visited Orient Beach which was beautiful. Joyce can tailor her tour to whatever you are interested in. I can reccommend her for whatever land based tour you are interested in. There is no one better to take you around the island. Her personality is just incredible.

Visited April 2013
Parkland, Florida, United States
3 attraction reviews
“A Fun Day in Paradise With Joyce”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We recently cruised with our lifelong friends on Celebrity Silhouette. They had met Joyce 7 years earlier on their first cruise to St-Martin and booked her for this time as well. What a wonderful day we had with her. She showed us all of the interesting sights on the island, took us to a beach front restaurant as we requested, showed us where all the best shopping was and made the day a day to remember. My husband and I live in Florida and have been to the Caribbean many times, but this day will always have fond memeories for us. Due to Joyce's enthusiasm and love for her home, we saw the island through her eyes...and it was a delightful experience..

Visited March 2013
Los Angeles, California
7 attraction reviews
“Best way to see the entire island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Joyce Prince is an absolute delight! She can tailor your day tour to anything you'd like. If you don't know what you want - as in our case - she'll put together an enjoyable day for you.

Joyce knows everybody on the island and she can make any arrangements you want/need. Her easy going nature allows for flexibility you don't often enjoy on other tours. There is no better way to spend a day on St Maarten.

And most importantly -- her rum punch rocks!

Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
“Joyce Made The Day On St. Maarten Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I were on Celebrity Silhouette for a cruise, and one of the ports that the ship docked at was St. Maarten. I had read some really amazing reviews on Joyce Prince, and therefore, last minute, tried to get in touch with her. Of course, she is so popular, she was booked for my day. Bummer. Then the next day after I emailed with her, she emailed me back and told me that her original group had to cancel, so she was free for us. I immediately booked with her!

We booked a private tour, just her, my husband, and myself. She took my credit card # down to hold the reservation, but she doesn't charge it. We paid her cash when we finished the tour. I believe the credit card hold is just in case people don't show up, etc. I felt safe doing this, as I had read in multiple forums that it was OK.

Joyce emailed me instructions on where to meet her, and the instructions were clear and straightforward. Had no problem finding out meeting grounds.

The moment we met Joyce, she was so nice and friendly to us. She has a sassy attitude, but she definitely will get the job done. She asked what we were interested in doing, and catered our tour based on our interests. We went to both the French and Dutch side of St. Maarten, ate lunch at a local place in Marigot, stopped by Orient Beach, and Maho Beach to see the planes land and take off... then she showed us the Front St and Back St shopping areas. Referred us to a local jeweler where we made some purchases.

Overall, I feel that we didn't just get a tour guide, but we gained a friend. I would definitely look her up the next time I'm in St. Maarten. She is a busy lady, and books quickly, but if you can get a day with her, it is well worth it!

Visited March 2013