“Transportation to our destinations in St. Maartin” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #22 of 105 Activities in Sint Maarten
Atlanta, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
“Transportation to our destinations in St. Maartin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had 9 people they quickly set us up to our first excursion. We had wanted to go to the beach in St. Martin that has the planes fly over so the driver dropped us off and picked us up at our end time. Drove us over to the beach let us stay an hour to watch and video planes and was there to take us back to port. He told us all about the history of the island what country runs what etc.. Great transportation and a history lesson... Would use them again on our next trip to the island!

Visited September 2012

Mayfield Heights
“Exceptional Tour Company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I used Twin Island with Lucius as my guide and was blown away. The cooler with cold drinks was a great extra. The van was clean and air conditioned. He stayed in touch with the office to make sure we made it back to our ship on time. One of the couples wanted to stay longer in one area and Lucius made sure that another van would get them to the ship. I was on the Oasis of the Sea and Twin Island picked me up at the dock. I would highly recommend them, of course with Lucius as your guide.

Visited May 2012
Toronto, Canada
“"Island Tour with Jim"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I travelled to St. Maarten with my family ages 6-40 yrs of age from July 26 to Aug 2.
We travelled in with Sunwing and stayed at Sonesta Maho Beach.
Prior to leaving for the vacation, I did some web searching on things to do in St. Maarten and I came across " Twin Island Excursions" I read the reviews and was impressed with what they had to offer. I called them to discuss the tours and pricing, I spoke to Jim. He was so helpful, and pleasant to speak to.. I immediately booked a reservation for a private island tour for our family, and within minutes I received a confirmation, and no deposit was required.
Our Island Tour was booked for a Saturday which was perfect.. Jim was our tour guide. He picked us up at our resort in a clean, spacious and airconditioned mini van. There was a cooler filled with drinks: pop, water, juice and beer. The cooler was also refilled during the course of the day.. : ) As it was a private tour we catered the tour to what we wanted to see.. Jim is so knowlegable, he knows so much about the island and it's history. He was very patient with us and would always listen to my youngest son and answer all of his questions. He was always on time for any drop off or pick ups . He interacted very well with us and we felt so comfortable with him, It felt like we were at home. Our tour started at 10:45 am and we got back to our resort at 6pm.. It was an AWESOME Island Tour.. Pinel Beach is a must see.. I would recommend this tour company to anyone.. GREAT JOB JIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!.
"Twin Island Excursions" is the way to go!!!!!!
P.S. As I mentioned we travelled in with Sunwing. There was an island tour available through Sunwing as well.. BUT, it was a much shorter duration only 4 hours and was also more expensive..... Twin Island Excursions is a much better price and much better service...
Cant wait to go back to St. Maarteen : ) We will definetly book with Twin Island Excursions when we return.....

Visited July 2012
Barbados
“TWO THUMBS UP FOR TWIN ISLAND EXCURSIONS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have visited St Maarten on many occasions, for both business and pleasure. On each trip, I've used Twin Island Excursions and my guide of choice is always Mr Lloyd McEwen. In my experience, he's friendly, professional, precisely punctual and very knowledgeable on the island's history and best shopping, entertainment, sightseeing and beaching spots. Happy to say that the prices don't dent a hole in my pocket either. Indeed, the services rendered by this company are 100% satisfactory.

Visited June 2012
Santa Monica, California
3 attraction reviews
“Lucius and Twin Island Excursions are amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

While planning our vacation on the Disney Cruiseship Fantasy, I did a lot of research for excursions at the ports of call we would be visiting. We had to plan our own excursions because we were traveling with a 9 month old and 2 year old, and Disney excursions have a 3 year old minimum age for many of their excursions. I read the reviews about Twin Island and decided to email them about our situation with young children, and they were very accommodating. We booked a private tour since we had 4 adults and 3 children in our group. I emailed them several times with various questions, and they were very patient and understanding of my situation (mainly, bringing car seats). When we arrived at port, Lucius greeted us warmly and helped me install the car seats in the van. The van was large, clean and nicely air conditioned. It was a pretty humid day, so it was nice to get out of the muggy weather. They also provide cold drinks and beer, which was really a nice touch.

I highly recommend booking a private tour, especially with Lucius. First of all, Lucius was amazingly helpful, informative and friendly. Before we started the tour, he asked us what we wanted to see since it was a private tour. I was skeptical of paying for a private tour and getting the same tour that everyone else gets, but he geared the tour to our specifications. We really wanted to go to the airport to watch the planes take off at Maho beach. My 5 and 2 year old loved it, as did I. We watched people hold onto the fence in the wake of the jet engines, which seems pretty stupid but still entertaining to watch. Anyways, Lucius explained the importance of tourism to St. Maarten, and thus, he wanted to make sure we enjoyed our time on the island. He gave us a running commentary about the history of the island and the various changes that had occurred throughout the island due to the dual governmental bodies occupying one island. Really informative and interesting.

The main reason that we booked a private tour was that we wanted to skip Orient Bay and the nude beaches and go to Pinel Island for a few hours. Simply, the detour was absolutely worth it. Pinel Island is so picturesque with white sand beaches, crytal clear waters, and amazingly beautiful iguanas. I took my boys to see the iguanas and then we spent an hour just lounging in the calm, warm waters. My favorite spot of the tour. I wish we could've spent more time there. You do need to pay $7 per person to be ferried to the island, but totally worth it. Also, don't bother eating here. The food is not local fare and you pay double for everything. Instead, we went to Grand Case and ate at a Lolo (a local eatery with local cuisine), which was really, really good and fairly priced. (Lucius was thoughtful enough to ask the ferry operators about eating on the island, without us asking, and then he told us of the high costs for mediocre food.)

There is so much more that I could write about, but overall, Twin Island Excursions will take care of you. Lucius is such a great tour guide, and moreso, a genuinely great person. With 3 young kids with us, he helped us with strollers, car seats and the boys. If you want a memorable excursions, you can't go wrong with Twin Island excursions.

Visited July 2012