I concur with the other reviews here: this is a very nice place to stay. Just a few things to add:
- We arrived late and hungry and our host made excellent toasted sandwiches for the entire group even thought the kitchen was probably long closed by then. (Two rounds, no less.)
- The place has a great wine list, all of it very reasonably priced. Sadly, this is not generally the case in Hungary so we brought our own wine and then regretted it as soon as we saw what was available in house.
- The breakfast was included and it was very generous (basically, all you can eat - except that the quality is much higher than what one would associate with a buffet breakfast). My wife did not want to come down for breakfast, so the hosts repeatedly offered to bring breakfast to our room or prepare something "for the road".
- This place is ideal for those touring the Balaton area by bike.
The entire place seems brand new and it was furnished and designed very tastefully and is kept spotlessly clean. One caveat: it may be better suited for young couples or groups of friends, rather than families with kids: I doubt kids would appreciate the nice amenities (or the wine list) and so you might be better off just renting an entire villa right on the beach. Other than that though, this is a great choice for your Balaton vacation.
- Also Known As:
- Hullam Villa B&B Balatonmariafurdo, Somogy County, Hungary
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the natural heart of Lake Balaton. Hullam Villa situated right on the reed bank of the Lake, in the village center of Balatonmariafurdo, surrounded by a beautiful countryside. All eleven rooms with specially selected natural materials,SAT-LEDTV,fridge, safe,air condition and have a balcony. Enjoy the extensive buffet breakfast, organic coffee, organic teas and selected Hungarian wines in the Cafe on Board. Lovely garden with pool, sauna and rain dance shower, yoga room, bikes, beach volleyball court, internet, amazing nature, tennis court near by, sailing activities on the Lake, long walks and bike tours ensure an enjoyable and relaxing stay at Lake Balaton.Embrace the magic of the nature and stillness! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hullam Villa B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.