“Impressive wine list,nice atmosphere...” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
darien ct.
“Impressive wine list,nice atmosphere...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We were a bit surprised to find a restaurant of this caliber it seems in the middle of nowhere( about 10km outside of Rovigo)but it seems a destination restaurant for many,is quite famous and many large groups were celebrating family events such as baptisms,etc.
All in all the atmosphere was really nice,the restaurant elegant as well as cozy,nice witnessing Italian families celebrating and eating well.
I think it might of caused our dishes to come out a bit slower than was right for us as we waited a bit too long between the first course and the second.
Our first courses,both pastas,were delicious.
My husbands second,beef,was really good.
My tuna,four ways was very very dry and I really should have sent it back but I did not and it left me with a bit of a bad memory of the restaurant while I think the restaurant generally is very good so I should have given them the chance to correct the problem but by then I wasn't so hungry after waiting too long for the dish.
The first dishes were plentiful,so not sure we even needed the second dish anyway.
Most families were eating family style off of big round platters or all eating the same thing but in several courses preordered for the table ,which might be the way to go.
We would go back if in the area again hoping the plates would come out as promptly as we saw done for others and there wasn't the confusion with the tuna as the waiter used the word "raw" which I was looking forward to,instead he must have meant to say "rare" but it was extremely overcooked instead.

Visited April 2012