“Great times near Lands End!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WhiteSands Lands End

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sennen
WhiteSands Lands End
You added WhiteSands Lands End to your Saves list
Sennen, Nr. Land's End | Hotel, B&B & Restaurant, Sennen TR19 7AR, England   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Sennen B&B and Inns
Frome, England, United Kingdom
“Great times near Lands End!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Arriving late after a five hour drive we were warmly welcomed by Teri and quickly sourced food and drinks (even though we were really late!) - the Tapas was amazing, clearly me & Teri were going to get on! Lovely fresh crab, chorizo, olives, salmon and more, washed down with Teri's punch of the day.

Had a brilliant evening, and the best breakfast we have had in a very long time!

Next day was fab, delicious barbecue with fresh assorted fish and another great night of music and friends.

Physically the place is in a great location - beach very close is good for surfing, the rooms were tidy and clearly looked after lovingly. Some of the decor was amazing (don't break that mirror!)

We will definitely be going back with our kids to visit again as we had such an amazing time, and felt genuinely welcome rather than we were just staying in someones business.

Thanks to Teri & Chef Ben especially - see you next year :)

Room Tip: You can sleep in a tipi if you like.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

A group of us stayed for a week end to celebrate birthdays/ engagement. The accommodation and food were very good, Terry is a legend and her staff were amazing! I would recommend to anyone visiting Sennen!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
swansea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I want this review like all my others to be honest, and i will try and not make it to long. My partner and i booked this hotel for a wedding we had in penzance this year (we booked the hotel around sept.2011) the wedding reception was at the Lands End hotel and was not suitable for us as my partner is disabled. The first room that we were shown was suitable and we said we would talk about and ring to make booking couple days later, we did that but someone else had booked it, We were told that there was anthor room avabile and would be ok (there was a short walk to the toilet and bathroom but we thought that would be ok) depoist paid . We went on the Friday in June 2012 for a 2 night stay, oh wow when we got there we settled in it was not what we were expecting we could nod get the wheelchair along the path as it was railway sleepers and chippings and the bathroom for us was to far for ian to walk. we settled in and there was a group of young lads staying the noise from doors shutting every minute was unbearable, we had no option but to leave, we couldnt ask for anthor room as we knew the hotel was fully booked. I phoned next morning to explain around 8.30am and although they were understanding the reply was well cant expect the guests to be silent, we explained that we had asked them to be more considerate but all they did was shrug there shoulders, and we were informed that they were there all weekend. In all fairness we have been given a full refund.after 12 weeks .The hotel is not disabled friendly, does not accept cards only cash or cheques. and the food is not up to much. yet the hotel is clean the rooms that are upstairs are wonderfull, it,s a pity that we were let down. i am sorry for the delay in writing this.but we were waiting for a refund first.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
divaWhitesands, Owner at WhiteSands Lands End, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Well my response should be enough to let you know that this lady whilst trying to make out like she didnt know what it would be like visited BEFORE she booked and parked on the gravel car park walked on the sleepers and viewed the room in which they would be staying. The sleepers are deliberately put there so you are able to wheel wheel chairs on them we dont have tarmac here! we moved furniture to the otherside of the room so that they would have wide enough access to access the door to outside should he wish to use his wheelchair as he had no problem in WALKING the 15ft or so to sit in the garden and have a cigarette and a beer!They were staying in a self catering room but i put a kettle with coffee etc in so it would make it easier for this lady and her husband there was a disabled shower room10ft away which is why she booked it in the first place (although on NONE of our advertising do we say we have disabled rooms ) this also cost £35.00 per person per night with full english breakfast which i also supplied but she never ate as according to her the other guests kept here up by banging doors well thats strange as these people went to bed at 10 oclock had travelled from various parts of the world to participate in an endurance race sorry they had to be up early and disturbed her by opening and shutting doors but they were hardly having a party just getting ready to participate in this race i cannot dictate the times in which people go to bed or get up its bound to clash with others sometimes all i can do is to ask people to be a little more considerate which i did after you had left i also gave you a full refund even though i do not have to do so so i found it quite hurtful that although i bent over backwards for you when you were here you find it necessary to blaim me for your experience you would have stayed had they not made a noise as i said previously you visited here and viewed all the rooms etc before you booked a bit like you waited for your refund until you wrote a review i think most people are intelligent enough to read between the lines
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

One of the best places I have stayed so far thanks to the lovely and helpful stuff and the hostess of the hotel, who is always ready to help, so attentive and with the great sense of humor. That would be the 4th time of me staying at the Whitesands and I totally in love with the cozy place and people who help to maintain the business and cant wait to come back. The food at the restaurant is always fresh and tasty, the cooks definitely know how to prepare the lovely dinner. English breakfasts are one of the best I have ever tried. I am always happy to go to surf at Sennen Cove and stay at Whitesands as it always feels as I am at home. I have stayed in different rooms and all of them are very comfortable, clean and well equipped. If you ask me where to stay at Sennen Cove while exploring the nature and local are or while surfing I would always recommend Whitesands!

Room Tip: All rooms are good as I have tried many due to my frequent visits :) good for bigger groups of peopl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The hospitality here was second none on any trip I've ever been on. From the phone and then in person, Terri was so lovely, fun and helpful. We had a real fun time originally in the Tepee but then upgraded to a room which was great-really cosy with a perfect en-suite. I enjoyed my stay with my girlfriend so much I came back two weeks later with a mate and stayed in the hostel room which again was perfect for what we were looking for.
Great place, location, hospitality and food. Highly recommended!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Epsom, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Having read one or two of the reviews that are poor I can only wonder if I am talking about the same place. From the moment we arrived at Whitesands we were made to feel welcome and relaxed by a couple of the young restaurant/bar staff for whom nothing was too much trouble and who did their jobs with charm, politeness & warm hospitality. Our room named after the Italian capital Rome had a real feeling of opulent, relaxing charm and was a pleasure to return to after days out. The food was also a delight and memorable for the beautifully cooked, locally resourced fish meals such as the fish platter (which has come in for a certain amount of negative comment on one or two reviews). In response I would like to point out to these people that freshly caught or grown, home cooked, non processed food is not likely to come in massive U.S.A. style portions & that maybe these people would do better to stick to K.F.C. bargain buckets! Especially so when there are ingredients such as lobster, scallops, crab, smoked salmon (this was v generous on my seafood platter) ect. These are expensive items & we felt lucky to have such beautifully cooked local produce & were delighted by this meal. Mussels were also delicious.The breakfasts will live on in my memory for a long time with it being a close run thing between a superbly cooked, non greasy, traditional English fry up - with all the trimmings and more and the mouth watering scrambled egg with smoked salmon, ahh happy days :-). The manageress whose skill in cooking provided these pleasures was also a warm, hospitable, helpful lady & this despite a workload that should be done by two people not one! From the manageress to the chamber maid this charming b&b had an excellent staff. I could not fault anyone or anything were I to try..

Room Tip: The room named 'Rome' is a delight & makes you feel as though you are partaking of a sli...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
falmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We decided to have a last minute night away in Sennen but hadn't got the energy to put up our tent. We contacted Teri who offered us her Tipi. The weather was lovely and the kids thought it was a scream sleeping in a bed in a tent. Teri was very welcoming and hospitable and we felt that nothing was too much trouble. We had dinner in the restaurant and the fish pie was delicious. Breakfast was fresh, tasty and there was plenty of it washed down with fresh coffee. We would definitely go back next year and stay for longer. It certainly beats camping!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to WhiteSands Lands End? Share your experiences!