“It's really NOT that bad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SeaView Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sennen
SeaView Holiday Park
You added SeaView Holiday Park to your Saves list
Sennen TR19 7AD, England   |
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“It's really NOT that bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last Monday to Friday though the Sun holidays, after reading the reviews on here I psyched myself up for a difficult check-in, well I was very pleasantly surprised...we were early (as the planned trip to beach was a no no, it was heaving with no chance of parking) but were checked in efficiently and with courtesy, we were in our caravan within minutes.
The caravan itself was dated but clean and perfectly adequate for our needs.
The landscaping around the park was really lovely, particularly in the camping fields. The children's playground was very well equipped and my 8 year old daughter wanted to stay there all day every day! Not a chance with such stunning beaches within minutes.
Lovely quiet village...Recommend the First & Last for meals or just drinks and the staff in the Costcutter were very helpful.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We camped here about 6 years ago, and yes, we had a run-in with a rude and uncooperative receptionist. However, despite this we booked to go back again this year, this time in a 3-bedroom caravan. A few weeks before going, I happened across their Tripadvisor page and was very worried about what lay ahead of us for our very much needed and looked-forward-to holiday.

When we arrived, I made sure we didn't turn up until after 4pm (to be allowed in) and I took plenty of cash to pay deposits, to avoid the legendary surcharges for paying by card. But, in contrast to what I'd been led to believe here, the check-in was quick and easy and the receptionist friendly and helpful.

Our caravan was way above my expectations. It was spacious, and, apart from a few nasty stains on the living room carpet, was immaculately clean. All of the equipment, fixtures and fittings were good quality and in excellent condition. The only slight negatives were the TV was on the small side, and the grill seemed to take along while to cook things (a toaster would have been a godsend!). But the kitchen was very well equipped and cupboards stocked with really nice quality crockery, cutlery and glassware. There was more than enough seating and storage space. The twin bedrooms and the bathroom were very compact, but that's to be expected in any caravan. The bedding and towels provided were all clean and in good condition, as were the mattresses and duvets (I checked!!).

Although we didn't use many of the on-site facilities, as we spent most of our time on the gorgeous nearby Sennen beach, the ones we did use (eg children's playground) were fine.

The neighbours were a bit on the noisy side, but frankly that's what you should expect in a caravan park in the middle of the summer holidays.

I was told by reception that our £20 deposit would be forwarded by post in 10-14 days (presumably once they'd checked the van for damage) and I expected the obligatory £3 "admin fee" to have been deducted, which I had read about on other reviews here. However this morning I received a cheque for the full £20, which proves that a lot of what is being claimed in many of these negative reviews is exaggeration or even downright untruth. It's a real shame.

Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Camped for a week, early August 2013. Noting to complain about as far as the pitches are concerned, but the staff on the site have no idea about customer service and at best are disinterested at worst rude.The business seems more concerned with taking your money than ensuring you have a good holiday. This started with the £5 they charge for using my credit card and then as we were camping (even though we had booked for a week) wanting to charge us for using the on-site pool free for those who book caravans). Without wishing to point fingers this apathetic attitude was prevalent amongst all the staff we encountered. The site is in a beautiful location so use it as a base, but don't expect much from the management there.....and there are much better sites available just up the road.

Stourport on Severn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I feel I have to write a review for Seaview Caravan Park as it is brilliant.

I also made a booking for a caravan to arrive 17 August for a week, middle of school holidays, and after reading all the negative reviews left on trip advisor was quite worried as they all seemed to be negative and not very good.

Firstly I would like to say that the staff were very friendly and helpful and I had reply's to all my emails and the phone was answered every time I rang, the only issue I have is they told me I could arrive anytime after 12pm and our caravan would be available and when we did arrive at 4pm we were told to come back in half an hour to pick the keys up - not what you need after a 6 hour journey.

Our caravan was very clean and comfortable, we received all our linen, towels, matches, TV (although we never had it on once) - no washing up liquid though! Beds were cumfy enough and plenty of space for a family of four.

Pool and Playground were great - free to use and quiet - exactly what we wanted.

We used our bikes to get around and it is short ride from Lands End and Sennen and to the secret coves of Nanjizal and Pedn Sands - you will need to walk or bike to reach these secret quiet, amazing coves. Not for the lazy beachgoers who can manage a walk from the carpark to the beach!!

We found the site quiet and peacefull even in the height of the school summer holidays, our children (6 and 8) made friends at the playground and the pool and I found it safe to let them wonder off to the playground on their own.

Seaview was everything we wanted as mentioned in other reviews if it is a lively Haven/Hoseason Park with Redcoats and Rabbits wondering about it really isn't the site for you, we found likeminded holiday makers who where there to experience the "Real" Cornwall and not the CHAV Cornwall holiday makers that you can come accross.

Fantastic Holiday and we will definately be back next year.

Poole, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

OK, so the lady on reception might not be in line for a Nobel prize for hospitality and the "pine lodge" we booked did turn out to be a not very glorified shed but, once we'd moved to an eight berth caravan, everything at the site was fine. They didn't charge for the pool which was open, clean and enjoyed very much by the kids or for the well set up outdoor play area or for the (admittedly not brilliant) tv. I think some of the reviews here contain some poetic licence. The site is well situated and from what I saw well looked after.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

we went camping with our dog max and on arrival were greeted very friendly by the ladies on reception.we were given instructions on use of showers and where to pitch our tent.we could see the sea when we got up every morning.the site was spotless with a lovely swimming pool which was also spotless and although showers were sandy (cant be helped unless the person before you is kind enough to rinse it away like me)were clean as where the toilets.we had fabulous weather and you can walk to lands end in 20 mins.we did the coastal walk to sennen cove that was brilliant.and the beach next to sennen is dog friendly and beautiful too.we went to st michaels mount ,lizard point,mousehole,porthcurno beach,minack theatre (just looked round not dog friendly) and the scilly isles.we took our dog everywhere with us and found it easy to get to everywhere.we would have liked to stay longer at seaview.they also have a bar open in the evening it has a few pool tables giant chess and a small bowling alley the ratler cider there is good too.you can go into the village as there is a spar shop and a post office both sell bread and milk and supplies so you need for nothing.the first and last inn in sennen serves lovely food and and there is a good fish and chip shop too.i loved the site and location.we had electric hook up for our tent and it was a brilliant holiday everything went well.i would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

A last minute booking as the site we wanted to stay on was booked. When we arrived they didn't seem to have our booking even though I had emailed and also booked over the phone. We did find a nice spot in the end but the toilet and showers were not very clean. We stayed away one of the nights and when we arrived back were told by fellow campers that the owners were going to take down our awning tent and throw away our things as they said we hadn't booked. luckily for us we had friendly neighbours who looked after our tent. Needless to say we won't be going back!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to SeaView Holiday Park? Share your experiences!