“Pleasant, comfy and relaxing stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SunnyBank House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sennen
SunnyBank House B&B
You added SunnyBank House B&B to your Saves list
Sea View Hill | Nr Lands End, Sennen TR19 7AR, England   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Sennen B&B and Inns
Portsmouth
“Pleasant, comfy and relaxing stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

I stayed here at the end of my cycle trip from John O Groats to Land's End. I must say that this was a pleasant end to my trip and was very relaxing and comfortable.

This is set within minutes walking distance from Sennen Cove/beach and if you're prepared for the walk, about 20-30 minutes away from Land's End itself, so in a nutshell ideally placed for these two locations (where there are a number of pubs and restaurants to eat as well).

This place is the equivalent of a B&B / Guest house, I wouldn't class it as a hotel by the looks of it, as it is a large converted house to this status. However, this does not detract from the high standard of decore that the 'hotel' has been brought up to. The reception, eating area and room that I stayed in were all modern, fresh, vibrant, clean and tidy. The room that I stayed in was the triple room with shower room opposite side of the hallway. The room itself was of average size in order to cater for 3 people. It had the usual facilities (TV, sink, coffee/tea making stuff, storage, alarm clock, etc).

When I stayed in May 2009, the rooms were fully booked and it appeared to be a very popular place within Sennen.

The owner, does do meals in the evening which are at restaurant prices, I chose to eat out though because from the menu, I felt that I could get better choice and value eating elsewhere.

The next morning, the breakfast service was, friendly, professional and there was a nice selection of food and drink, all high quality (continental, cereals, fry up with tea/coffee, orange juice, etc.).

There was ample secure storage for my bicycle also.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Oxfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

We got married and wanted to stay somewhere near Sennen Cove for our honeymoon. The hotel is near a beautiful beach with an award winning restaurant overlooking the ocean. The owner had put an exquisite bunch of flowers in our room and this made us feel really special. Other little touches included allowing us to have access to our rooms earlier in the day in order for our wedding party to get changed and keeping the bar open later in the evening. The hotel should have more stars than it does. Clean rooms, tasty breakfasts and the weloming smiles makes this a brilliant retreat to stay in. Don't just believe us, try the place for yourself!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Somerset England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

We stayed here at the start of our Land's End to JOG cycle ride. The accomodation is good value and to a good standard. The proprietors were very helpful and flexible, with secure storage for our bikes, good food, and they very kindly drove us down to the pub because we had arrived very late in the evening and desparately needed some food.

I'd recommend this as a good place to saty near Land's End.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
London/Philadelphia/Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

I stayed at the Sunny Bank Hotel at the end of September. It's really a B&B, but they call it a hotel. It was an immaculately clean, very pleasant B&B within walking distance of Land's End and the Cornish Coastal Path. The prices were very reasonable, and the owners were very friendly. They even dropped me off and picked me up in Sennen Cove for dinner after a long day's hike on the Cornish Coastal Path! The nightly fee includes breakfast, which was delicious.

• Liked — It was close to Land's End, it was affordable and it was very nice.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to SunnyBank House B&B? Share your experiences!