“Great food great atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Fish & Chips, Seafood, Vegetarian, English
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great food great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Not the easiest place to find but well worth the effort. My wife and I went on a wet and windy evening in early May when we were on a trip from Norfolk to see Cornish friends and after finding the car park we walked down to the Inn(300yds). The atmosphere was great with a warm welcome and with a local folk group playing. Drinks and a menu were quickly produced and rather extravagantly we chose the hot lobster,fantastic! The pudding was also excellent. This really is well worth a visit but remember to bring a torch as the path to the car park is slightly hazardous!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Devon
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We only had a coffee but it was excellent, the staff were friendly and there was a nice view. Food looked good

Visited October 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“watering hole”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We call in at the Cadgwith Cove Inn every year on our regular trip to the Lizard. This is really good pub for an excellent lunch - we had the local ham in sandwiches this time - it was delicious. Eating outside and smelling the scent of the sea is fantastic. The staff are always friendly and helpful. Certainly not to miss if you are walking the Coast Path!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We live in America and were longing for some Cornwall in our lives...we got that and more staying on the Lizard peninsula last month (Aug 2013) for a few days in the middle of a tough and sad trip to the UK packing up my parents house for sale. On a whim, decided to visit Cadgwith one evening with our two kids (aged 8 and 2) and it couldn't have been a better experience. It was actually Bank Hol Monday evening - we expected it to be rammed and have trouble finding a table. In fact it was the annual village boat race (?) so while the pub was still relatively quiet when we showed up for dinner around 7pm, the village had a great lively atmosphere. We found a great table outside with a sea view and received excellent service from a really sweet young girl waiting our table. I was so happy with my Cornish ale and super spot that even if the food hadn't been that good, I'd still have enjoyed it. Actually my expectations were surpassed - I ordered the seafood medley (usually eschew anything with the word "medley" in it) and it was sublime. Totally fresh arrangement of seafood and fresh fish - just lovely. Husband enjoyed a delicious homemade chicken pie which was clearly fab as he ate it so fast I didn't even get a taste!). And I have to mention that during 3 weeks in the UK, we had a lot of kids meals which were totally mediocre at best, crappy at worst - and never cheap. Cadgwith Inn was one place I actually felt happy about what they were eating. My 8 y,o had a really fresh wholesome looking and tasting cheeseburger on yummy bread and the 2 y,o scoffed some fresh fish and chips. Prices totally on par with all the crappy mediocre places but with MUCH better food. No room for pudding unfortunately, but everything was really lovey and our meal here turned out to be one of the real highlights of our trip. We will definitely be back. OH and I just remembered - I noticed a discrepancy on the bill and the chap behind the bar (got the feeling he might have been one of the owners?) was really super sweet about it. That sort of thing matters and makes a lasting impression....

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Somerton, United Kingdom
“Recommend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

fantastic starter of Lobster in a puff pastry parcel. not so keen on the crab linguine as I didn't like the texture as the crab was all mashed, too much stirring I think.

My partner who is allergic to shell fish, was totally accommodated for a starter and had homemade beef burger which she thoroughly enjoyed.

good service and had a nice feel about it. Made my dog welcome so that always goes down well with me.

It was clearly a popular pub as it was very busy on a Tuesday evening out of season. I would recommend.

Visited September 2013