“Enjoyed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tilal Liwa Hotel

You added Tilal Liwa Hotel to your Saves list
Tilal Liwa Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Million Street | Million Street 1, Madinat Zayed, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Madinat Zayed
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Abu Dhbai
“Enjoyed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've spent my Eid Holidays along with my Family in the Hotel. Rooms are very neat & clean. Swimming Pool was very attractive, My kids enjoyed a lot, especially the hotel was located in the middle of the desert and surrounded by sand dunes.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Tilalliwahotel, General Manager at Tilal Liwa Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Please allow me to thank you very much for your recent visit to Tilal Liwa Hotel and the time taken to share your feedback.

We're delighted to read that you've enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our activities, interior, rooms and our wide range of selection of food and beverage.

Tilal Liwa Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

It is a warm cosy hotel surrounded by beautiful sand dunes, with a lovely pool. We were a large group from Dubai and the drive to the hotel was a slightly long but it was worth the wait.
The rooms were neat clean and well serviced, our room was facing the pool which was a delight! We could walk through our patio and take a dip right away. The pool is a good size with one side facing the dunes, which is beautiful.
They had nice lounging areas around the pool, so we used those areas a lot throughout our stay. The nights were slightly chilly and beautiful with the moon and we even spotted gazelles walking in the dunes near the hotel. The kids and adults also enjoyed dune bashing, which we booked through the hotel.
The food was alright, not so great. We had ordered an entire cake for the family at the hotel but it was terrible, the entire cake was left untouched. I would expect better food for the price they were charging from such a nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tilalliwahotel, General Manager at Tilal Liwa Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear guest,

Please allow me to thank you very much for your recent visit to Tilal Liwa Hotel and for the time taken to share your feedback.

It is our pleasure to read that you've had a great escape with your family and that you liked our hotel, the interior, the services and the facilities.

Kindly accept my apology for the less than positive experience with the tart. I wish you could have altered my colleagues in order to change immediately for you. I've spoken to the Executive chef to make sure to check all tarts by himself in order to avoid such a situation in the future. I will be glad to offer you a nice tart during your next visit as a small apology from our end.

Dubai, UAE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was an excellent resort that we visited with the family last year and decided to return again this year. The experience was again exhilirating and did not disappoint to now seasoned travellers.
We booked a total of three Chalets for me and my kids + maid and my brother and his family.
It is but one place where you can get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Kept me away from my cel and the computer. Lots of things to do, Desert Safari, Dune Buggy, camel riding and best of lots of things for kids to do.
A nice infinity pool, kids play area, gym and lots of small intricate fun things to do in and around the hotel.
We drove down from Dubai (a 4 hour drive) and I tell you the mint cooler on arrival was the best! Shiela at the reception remembered us from our last visit and every attendant was pleasant and smiled, a very comforting feeling that the staff are looked after by their management and sincerely enjoy what they do.
I have 3 little boys (8,6 and 5 Years) and my brothers' 4 year old enjoyed themselves immensely. They were the most excited with all activities and after 3 days of stay, were actually sad to leave for home!
The restaurants (we visited one) were well equipped and staff served us with expertise. The food was at par with most 4* hotels and the ambiance kept us in a jolly mood all along.
The rooms, although not very large were very practical and well cleaned. Housekeeping was also up to the mark and did not disappoint.
I've read a few other reviews, and yes the area was not virgin desert, there are power lines, and yes the rubbish is visible in places where tourists have abused the scenery; alas, it has nothing that the hotel had any part in.
If I do not travel internationally for any break, Tilal Liwa is my next best choice (and I rather prefer this!).
Keep it up and till we meet again.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the ones in front of the pool. Just ask the reception and they will accomodate if...

Dear guest,

It is our pleasure that you've enjoyed your stay with us with your family. Thank you very much for the positive feedback. I shall extend your kind notes to all our staff. It is our honor to welcome you as our regular guest.

Kindly communicate your future booking through my office to give the chance to welcome you in person.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is really cool, the location is great for visitors, ,We booked for the dune bashing Not our first time to do dune bashing, the slopes weren't that high or exhilarating compared to what we had in Al Ain but overall it was ok. Then we went to the camel farm, I have never seen a black camel..so our driver gave us a little lecture on where these breeds are coming from. There is no other place to go nearby so we had the buffet dinner in Al Badiya Restaurant. selection was good, I never ate so much in my life I guess up until that night. The pool was nice, overlooking the desert slopes and one lonely camel "standing by". I guess it was purposely tied there to create that special touch..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay in Tilal Liwa Hotel and for the time taken to share your feedback.

I'm very delighted to read that you've visited us during the Eid break and that you've enjoyed your time with us, the facilities and the Camel farm visits. Your opinion is of great value for us. The black camels are called Majaheem and they are the most expensive camels in the world and you will see only in Al Rubaa Al Khali desert.

Once again thank you very much for your visit and looking forward for welcoming you soon again in Tilal Liwa Hotel.
dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Over Eid, we travelled on a Saturday 330km from Dubai to see this picturesque place. It was worth it, we were upgraded to the next room category (pool view) with balcony. Just ask they will be happy to do it! We booked for the dune bashing which did not happen on that afternoon because it rained a bit. So we did it the next morning at 630am! It was more fun doing that hour, because we get to "lounge" in the sand. Not our first time to do dune bashing, the slopes weren't that high or exhilarating compared to what we had in Al Ain but overall it was ok. Then we went to the camel farm, I have never seen a black camel..so our driver gave us a little lecture on where these breeds are coming from.

The pool was nice, overlooking the desert slopes and one lonely camel "standing by". I guess it was purposely tied there to create that special touch.. but I guess they should just get rid of that. Poor thing.

At the back of the hotel they have these two set up tents, I saw a family doing their BBQs. I guess it was nice specially during winter.

Overall it was a great 4 star hotel, nothing on the top service but were pleased.

Room Tip: Pool view room is great so you get a little balcony as well. Just ask them to clean the seats .
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Hotel itself was quite pretty but disappointing with the many, many huge power lines close by and with the desert quite literally full of rubbish. We booked the Sunset tour (watch the sunset with high tea in the desert) but somehow ended up with dune bashing (?!) - no sunset & no food. Instead we drove through desert which had pockets of rubbish where clearly previous tours had stopped for refreshments and just left everything behind, including plastic bottles, food wrappers, plastic bags and the like.

Disappointed in what should have been a lovely secluded spot in the desert. Not worthy of four stars & poor service around booking excursions that are catalogued as 'core offerings' through both the website and in room pamphlets.

The best bit was our own independent drive through to Moreeb Dune ... A shame that a four star hotel in this location does not do more to make sure that their immediate surroundings are better looked after and un-polluted.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tilalliwahotel, General Manager at Tilal Liwa Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Please allow me to thank you very much for your recent visit to Tilal Liwa Hotel and for the time taken to share your feedback with us. Your opinion is of great value for us, as we are always looking forward for improving our services and standards where needed.

Kindly allow me to explain the nature of the Area. Tilal Liwa Hotel is located in the Empty Quarter where wind and storms are very danger. The hotel is surrounded by Gatsh (mix of sand and stones) to keep sand away from the hotel and act as a first line protection. Regarding the high pressure cables amended in the horizons on the left side, those are a part of the infra structure where you find all over the UAE.

Please accept my apologize for the less than positive experience with the Safari tour. I think there was a confusion in this matter, the hotel offers several kind of trips such as; Camel farm visit, Camel track race, Dune bashing, Mureeb dunes visit....etc Each package is to be booked separately. I guess the booking was made for dune bashing which didn't include snacks or drinks. I've instructed the Safari driver to clear up the mentioned area. Unfortunately it is an open area and others are also making use of.

Once again thank you so much for the valuable feedback. We are looking forward for welcoming you soon again in Tilal Liwa Hotel.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The hotel is really cool, the location is great for visitors, but the pool can be a pain on Saturdays with kids. Burgers are good, lamb chops are amazing, the buffet isn't bad but I always was a little sick the next day so I stopped eating that...haha. They are really strict about the gym membership costs for people who live around there (like western teachers), which is a pain because there are no good gyms around (and they know it). Otherwise, a good hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear valued guest,

Please allow me to thank you so much for your recent visit to Tilal Liwa Hotel and for the time taken to share your feedback.

I'm delighted to read that you've enjoyed your time with us and that you liked our hotel, our selection of food and beverages. I certainly shall extend you positive feedback regarding our burgers and lamp chops to our Head chef.

Kindly be informed that our GYM is exclusively for our hotel guests and members. This in order to keep and guarantee the privacy and high standards for our guests.

Once again would like to thank you very much for your kind feedback and looking forward for welcoming you soon again in Tilal Liwa Hotel.

Tilal Liwa Hotel

Been to Tilal Liwa Hotel? Share your experiences!