“cozy and quaint” 5 of 5 stars

Moose Mountain Provincial Park, Carlyle, Saskatchewan S0C 0R0 , Canada   |
Regina, Canada
“cozy and quaint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stay at the Kenosee Inn all the time. They have recently renovated most of their rooms and their lobby. Walking in to the building feels like walking in to a lovely lodge cabin! I found the rooms quite nice and the renovations look great! For a small town hotel, my expectations were definitely exceeded!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Regina, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

As told a couple reviews below, the water in the showers functuates form ice cold to burn yor face with 2nd degree burns in a matter of seconds.

Please, please fix this problem Kenosee Inn!

Room Tip: Stay in rooms 214 or 215
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
moose jaw, saskatchewan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I couldn't get a room in Estevan and was working in Carlyle for the day so stayed at this resort. I have mixed feelings...I was there at the end of September and the trees were in full colour. it was the most beautiful scenery and weather and my hotel room was in the "basement" which had patio doors that opened up to the outside. You could see the lake from there and thoroughly enjoyed the location. So, scenery wise this resort has a lot to offer. However, the "resort" was hardly a "resort". The bedspreads could use some washing, and the hotel was musty smelling, but otherwise really clean. The staff could use a lesson in professionalism. I tried to check in early, and was told quite rudely that I might be able to get in earlier but there was no guarantee until 4;00 pm. Which was fine, just the manner it which it was said. Also, they must be afraid you'll check out with paying because you have to pay before you check in! The restaurant is closed for lunch, but opens at 4:00 pm and food/service were fine. The clincher was when I checked in and found out the power company had a planned power outage from 5:00 am to 9:00 am! But of course they couldn't reduce the price because it wasn't there fault! I was told it shouldn't be a problem because I could just open my curtains for light (?). (at 5:00 in the morning? and to get dressed?) Anyway, I'm adaptable and made it work. Like I said, it was okay. Scenery was beautiful, but I get the impression that this area is busy enough that they don't have to try very hard. Hardly a "resort" but if you want to see the area it's clean and serviceable.

Room Tip: The "basement" rooms open onto ground level. There are picnic tables/chairs outside your...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We were concerned about these cabins after reading some reviews. Before booking I called and asked if any of these statements were correct. I was assured the cabin I was renting was newly renovated and clean...............the newly replaced front window looked as if the rough opening was made witha chainsaw, unsightly and gaps. "New" fridge barely kept food slighty cool. The house keeping standards are extremely low. The bathroom was very dirty. I was so happy I had brought a sleeping bag from home and didn't have to sleep in their bedding! As for the restaurant , hair fried into the bread...............

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pilot Butte, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We just came home from "wonderful" vacation to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. It was only wonderful because of the company and the occasion not because of where we stayed. We were very disappointed that we didn't receive what we thought we paid for. DO NOT book the Golf and Safe package because it turns out to be a rip off. $129.95 per person only includes the room and two rounds of golf. No Cart which is $38.00. We were led to believe everything was included. When I showed him (the manager) my confirmation and my calculations he insisted that the room rate was different with the package by more then $30.00. In fact he cut me off and wouldn't let me show him where I got my figures from. It was obvious that he knew it was a misleading. It is my experience that Play and Stay packages include the cart rental. We later learned that we would have been better off booking at White Bear Casino just up the road. It is a much nicer hotel and cheaper too.
Also warning....the shower temperture is dangerous. It goes from extremely hot to extremely cold in a second. I was burned a couple of times in the middle of a shower. I will never go back to this hotel. Both golf courses are beautiful so I will certainly go back there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dryden, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We got to the campground late to find we had no tent poles, and I had already googled and found the Inn, so we tried it. They only had a more expensive room available. It had a queen bed and pull-out couch, nothing fancy, but at $150/night, I thought it was too much. The room itself could use a face-lift, but it was clean. The restaurant provided us with an excellent meal though. It was tasty, with generous portions. We ordered simple meals, wraps, burgers, salads,etc. but it was all good. Worth stopping in for another meal for sure. Service in the restaurant was great as well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011 via mobile

Dirty, run-down and awful!
We had no toilet paper and asked from desk 3 times for some. We finally had to go buy some.
The cabin itself was dirty, smelly and very run-down. The sink had pulled away from the wall, the tub leaked and was badly clogged. The kitchen looked filthy and had years of dirt encrusted on the sink and appliances.
The beds were very uncomfortable with springs sticking out.
Our neighbors in cabin next to our were outrageous. A group of guys who were there to drink, cause trouble and cat-call in front our children. When we complained about them staring and whistling, loudly saying I was a MILF, the front desk simply said that they'd already talked to them.
On the positive side - the beach was pleasant. We took the kids horse-back riding and it was wonderful! And the service at the nearby store was second-to-none! Everything you could need and helpful, friendly staff.
Unfortunately our stay in the cabin was so unbearable we left after two nights. The front staff told us that we had to pay for three nights regardless of how awful it was. We decided it was worth every penny to leave! We will never go back and if you are thinking about going to the Kenosee Inn & Cabins - there are many, many beautiful lakes and cabins in Saskatchewan. Stay somewhere clean that cares about their property.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Kenosee Inn Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!