“Wonderful night” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Wonderful night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Fabulous food. Heather had Rabbit Roulade followed by the duck. Both stunning. Duck beautifully moist and tender. I had scallops and Cod. Again - both perfect!

We stayed the night in the B&B and were delighted.

We'll be back

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I celebrated a milestone birthday (50th) having dinner at The Oaks with family. The food was absolutely amazing. I would describe the menu as honest, innovative, but not complicated. The staff were very attentive but not overbearing. The Jazz trio that were playing were great live entertainment. I couldn't fault anything. A fantastic evening of fine dining. Thanks so much.

Visited June 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Dinner left us with unpleasant taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

A very nice meal next to the open fire. Very good meal - soup, main (duck) and delicious dessert. Lovely wine. Our waitress was top shelf - attentive and at all times, helpful - thank you. However, the woman with whom we settled our accounts was unfriendly. Her attitude definitely nullified a pleasant evening with our friends. Her demeanour did not match the style which The Oaks endeavours to portray in its marketing.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Christchurch
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed on Valentine's Day and enjoyed a wonderful and memorable experience at this little gem of a place just outside Darfield.Our superior room was beautiful and characterful and kept to a high standard of cleanliness.The room was spacious and enjoyed magnificent views across the plains with views of Burnt Hill and the Alps beyond.The guests enjoy the use of a sunny breakfast room that has adequate supplies and a fridge.The evening meal was excellent with a good range.The Blue Cod and fillet steak were particularly enjoyable and the dining room is a lovely bright and quaint room.The hosts were very attentive and helpful.A good value for money experience overall.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“A great little gem on the road to the west!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

my wife, daughter and I stayed at the hotel and had dinner in the restaurant at the Oaks and were really pleased with the service, the standard of accommodation together with the menu and wine choices
We had 2 of the 3 rooms which were well furnished with good outlooks and well stocked
My wife was particularly taken with the great shower. We were extremely comfortable
Dinner was a flight and the chef has a real flair
Well served and well presented we had the chicken ravioli, asparagus soup (which was deliciously hot - surprising to me how so many restaurants serve Luke warm soup!!) and the salmon which was melt in the mouth. This was from an overall greats election of starters
For mains my wife and daughter had the blue cod - a very generous portion full of flavours and beautifully presented and I had the duck confit which was one of the best I have every had any where in the world. Well done to the Scottish chef (from Banff we believe)
I had to have a dessert and as I. Love rhubarb I had the crumble which was a very interesting g take on the usual crumble but mush lighter and tastier. Superb!!
So overall a very enjoyable stay

Visited January 2014