Quadrille Villa, Silver Sands, Jamaica

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

Sintillat...
Arizona
“From horrible to ecstasy, go figure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 for a stay in March 2012
people found this review helpful

I'm sitting on the patio with a pleasant breeze on a 84 degree day (March) watching some of my kids play in the beautifully crystal clear ocean as my wife and other kids are laying around the pool. Hyacinth (the villa cook) is busy fixing a tremendous lobster dinner in the kitchen and Cheryl (the housekeeper) is dutifully finishing tiding up and doing all the laundry. I'm wondering what the rest of the world is doing?

This is and has been just to good to believe and it all started so horribly. I'm a detail oriented planning kind of guy. For those like me you know it's a blessing and a bane. We usually use VRBO to go on our adventures and I did all the prerequisite work/research and had booked a Villa thru them before Xmas. Sadly to find out later that their site had been hijacked and the downpayment funds paid were long gone. Worst of all when the scammer came back for the rest of the money and we wanted to work with VRBO to catch him they couldn't be bothered and even denied any wrongdoing or responsibility essentially blaming me for using their inquiry tab. How dare I. Anyway that saga has been documented elsewhere and with so many fellow victims coming forward it's crazy.

Crazier is how VRBO treated the actual Villa owner blaming her as well and loosing her listing. The silver lining and beginning of the ecstasy was the original rental owner (whose Villa wasn't really available) worked so wonderfully with us to find Quadrille thru a friends service Jamaican Tresures (highly recommended.)

Quadrille - start by looking at the pics provided and you should get a good idea of the basics. Incredible views, quality accommodations, spectacular setting just to start. The transfers to and from the Villa are included which if you know what the fees can be its a nice touch. We arrived very late, just after midnite and upon walking in the door there was Hyacinth and Cheryl to greet us and provide a much appreciated late nite meal of hearty warming chicken soup and the best darn tuna fish sandwiches any of us have ever had. After a detailed tour we explored, stood on the deck had a few drinks we settled down to a well deserved nights rest.

THe next morning we awoke to a scrumptious breakfast with our dicussed favorites and more. We had prearranged that we liked certain things and also asked if Hyacinth would please feel free to fix us local specialties and her own favorites. We can't tell you what a good idea this was. For the past week have been dining like Jamaican royalty. Breakfast is promptly at 9:30, lunch (if you've got room) 1ish and Dinner at 5:30. We thought it a bit late for breakfast and early for dinner and we were wrong, it's perfect. We had planned to dine out often and ended up dining off property once and lunch twice at the clubhouse so hopefully that says something as well.

The property is in exqusite shape and the ladies and Dwight (the gardener) keep it clean to perfection. While Hyacinth is keeping our belly's full, Cheryl is keeping everything spotless and in place. She did our laundry "everyday" so you can truly cut down on the packing especially the undergarments as two pair would be plenty. Fresh towels both shower and pool every day, fresh linen, and so much more.

I have to be honest and say that we didn't really enjoy our first excursion out of the Silver Sands facility. Sadly the economic plight is such that we were completely overwhelmed with the misrepresentations and outright scams we were subject to nonstop while using the Chukka service and at normal local businesses. It was so bad we opted out of the rest of our plans. I won't go into detail because you can find that elsewhere but I only bring it to light to tell the rest of the story

Along with Quadrille you get to be part of the Silver Sands resort community. It is more of a laid back collection of homes with a common beach area that serves the community with a bar, snack bar and small but surprisingly well stocked mini store. There's beach toy rentals from boogie boards to wind surfers and the staff is part of what we think most of us came here for. Needless to say we loved their service from the funny bartenders, accommodating lifeguard and dancing beach attendant. They kept us laughing and taken care of as well. And the pricing was soooo fair (you can run a tab for your whole stay). Which only made Quadrille an even better experience.

So besides a trip to Evita's (recommended) we stayed the rest of our trip on property at Quadrille & the clubhouse and couldn't be more pleased. You'll need more suntan lotion than you ever thought possible. Depending on the season & maybe a bit of OFF. But the ocean, the view, the Villa, the staff, the pool, the sun, the food and drink MORE than made up for anything that was unfortunate. So come to Jamaica, rent Quadrille and there will be "no problem".

Sorry gotta go the lobster is ready and we never keep Hyacinth waiting. - CHEERS!!!

PS I never mentioned the twin hammocks in the gazebo, shame on me ;-)

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: I'm sorry but literally everything.
Liked least: Ummm nothing I can think of.
Traveling group: Family with Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Mary and Mort
from
$690
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Request to Book
Or, send the owner a message
Send Message
this property has payment protection
Owner
Jayne E
Speaks English
Listed since : Oct 2009
Response Rate: 95 %
Response Time: Within a few hours
Peace of Mind Protection
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing