“Great Experience, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ajalila Gardens

Ajalila Gardens
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bolton
Ajalila Gardens
You added Ajalila Gardens to your Saves list
Hwy 50, Bolton, Caledon, Ontario, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bolton
Orangeville, Canada
“Great Experience, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Went to this retreat on the labour day week-end with my daughter and a close friend. We found the grounds to be beautiful and we really enjoyed the clay pond. We were immediately greeted by the people running the retreat, and they were very friendly. The accomodations were very comfortable. The yoga classes were well run and very helpful. The meditation classes were very relaxing, and opened our minds to an alternate way of expressing our spirituality. The leader was very inspirational, but did not force any ideas on the class, and was open to answering questions from those who inquired. The food was awesome and very filling. Herbal tea was available at all times, as was healthy home-baked cookies, muffins and fruit. We really enjoyed ourselves and are looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I went to the yoga retreat with mixed fillings, because I've never taken yoga classes before, never could meditate, and have different convictions than I thought would be "pushed" by the organizers.
I did not have to worry a bit! The experience was amazing. The people (owners, leaders and guests) were so nice and accommodating, the food was exceptionally good (yes, lots of tofu - but I've discovered that tofu can be really tasty!!), the classes were just right for a novice, and the meditation classes were clear, fun, with no push for any religion, other than accepting the fact that there is a greater power out there. :)
Even if you are a bit more advanced in yoga, you should still find this retreat great, since you can stay longer after classes for more advanced poses of your own.
On top of this, the grounds are beautifully maintained, so quiet and serene. The swimming pond is beautiful with amazing water (filtered, so really clean), and you get lots of free time.
I highly recommend this yoga retreat to pretty much everyone. We camped, so I have no idea how indoor accommodations work.

Room Tip: I only camped there, and camping spots are gorgeous. No campfire though, and have bug spray ready!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto-Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

My best friend and I went to Ajalia Gardens this July and had an amazing and truly relaxing time. The place is absolutely breath taking, there is a lovely little pond with warm water, and the grounds are beautifully maintained. We camped and it was just perfect. The Yoga classes were very relaxing and easy. Which was good since my friend never took a yoga class before. The meditation classes were so relaxing that some people even started sleeping...if you need to distress from everyday life this place is for you! The food was so delicious. I read in the first review that the dinner was store bought veggie burgers, well not anymore… Before dinner there was a cooking demonstration and we watched them cook everything from scratch, everything was yummy and fresh!!!
Can't wait to go back!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I just came back from spending a weekend at this retreat centre. Thoroughly enjoyed myself. The place is beautiful and the food was great. Only complaint is that the yoga classes could have been a bit harder. I was looking forward to a good workout. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

I was really looking forward to a weekend away filled with yoga and meditation. The yoga itself was decent, but nothing to write home about. The meditation aspect is what really bothered me. If you are looking for a group of people to try to convince you that Hara Krishna philosophy and meditative practice are THE ONLY way to reach spiritual connection and purification, then this is the place for you. I was sorely disturbed by the leader of the group when she began telling us that chanting Hara Krishna is the only form of true meditation and that everything else is simple relaxation. As a very open-minded individual, I was interested in learning other meditation techniques, however found this “cult-like” attitude very unappealing. Not to mention the fact that they deny being Hara Krishna’s but then flatly refuse to tell what in fact they are. This boggled my mind even more.
The food was decent, but be prepared for mounds of tofu and only 2 meals a day.
I was told by another woman who received a massage that it is done not by an RMT and therefore most insurance plans will not cover it.
I would have rather stayed home and gone to my own yoga studio.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

I recommended this retreat to a friend of mine and she said she looked on tripadvisor and there were a couple of not so good reviews. So I just want to say that I went to a retreat at Ajalila Gardens in September and loved it. Everyone was nice, the food was great, and what a beautiful spot. I spent a lot of time swimming in their pond.

Unlike the other reviewers, I didn't expect a room to myself, not at $180 for the weekend. Hey, that's about half the price of other yoga retreats. And...it's a yoga retreat, not a hotel where you get your own room. The lady who runs the centre told me I could have my own room but it would cost more. That seemed pretty reasonable to me. Anyway, I had a really nice weekend. I am still practicing the meditation I learned there and that alone made the weekend worthwhile.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

When they say "shared accommodations" they mean you will be bunking with total strangers in a very uncomfortable bed and sharing two small bathrooms with 20+ people!

Had the owner accurately described this event I would never have signed up. The total strangers we were bunking with were shocked too.

We left after one night. My back was so sore I could barely do the yoga. The food was very good though.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Ajalila Gardens? Share your experiences!