If you don't like reading long reviews, here's the summary: This place is not nice--the beach isn't, the crowd isn't. The only redeeming factor is the waterslide. I would suggest a day trip on a weekday during a non-summer month. We didn't stay overnight (thank goodness). I was concerned about what our visitors from Manila would think about Samal beaches, since it looks like this is the only resort they went to during their 4-day Davao escapade. I hope they give Samal another shot, just not in Bluejaz.
- Waterslides. This is the only thing we enjoyed. No extra fee for using the waterslide, you can go as many times as you want. Rent of the inflatable raft/inner tube (Filipino: salbabida) is relatively cheap (I think it was 50 or 75 pesos for an hour)
- Got to spend time with family and have a little picnic. :)
- Too many people. I don't think management knows how to say "Sorry, we're full". So many day-trippers. There are nice little nipa huts where people can set up base, you can bring in your own food with no charge. But when we were there, people were setting up everywhere since all the huts were full (and there were a lot of huts). It looked like a refugee camp (sorry, I just can't find a better comparison).
- Changing rooms are dirty and stinky. We only had a nipa hut, and we were all adults so we couldn't possibly change there (the nipa huts are actually tables with seats all around and a thatched roof). The alternative was to find changing rooms, but the one nearest to us was overcrowded, hot, unclean and stinky. The next alternative was a CLEAN changing room, which we found at the far side of the resort.
- Too many people in the pools, to the point that the pools actually turned murky. Just use the waterslide but keep your mouth shut when you hit the water.
- Beach isn't as nice as in the photos. Rocky and there are sea urchins. Watch your step.
- IMPORTANT: Leave earlier... maybe the 4th-to-the-last trip. We took the 2nd-to-the-last trip out and it was one of the worst waiting experiences I've had. There was a long dock/pier that was only about 4 feet wide, and almost hundred people wanting to be first to the boat. Not all these people have good breeding, so the ones were were next too kept pushing, shoving and cutting in line. We could not move aside since it was a 3-5 ft drop into the water. We were shoulder-to-shoulder with a lot of people we didn't know, who were as sweaty a we were since it was a hot day. Worst part--the dock was already full of people trying to leave the resort, but there were still people trying to get into the resort--and they brought a lot of food (big sacks of vegetables, one whole roast pig, and other baskets). They required a lot of space. I don't know how they managed it, but they got through after a lot of MORE pushing and MORE shoving.
- Also Known As:
- Bluejaz Hotel
- Bluejaz Hotel Samal Island
- Bluejaz Hotel Davao
- Bluejaz Beach Resort & Waterpark Davao/Samal Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bluejaz Resort and Waterpark is located at Samal, Davao Del Norte,Philippines. For reservation and booking we have 28 guest rooms namely Fiji Room, Jazmin Suites, Tropical Aircon- Non aircon & Backpackers Room.Only at Bluejaz offers the first and unique transportation and feel the experience riding the Blazing jaz Pirates Boat and the First ever longest and tallest to conquer your fear as you experience the adventure of WATERSLIDE that includes two 200ft. high-speed flumes, and feel the fresh water in our Infinity swimming pools that features overlooking the Davao Gulf and ocean views. At Bluejaz you can enjoy a thrilling group ride on a banana boat, jet ski-ing, kayaking, wake boarding and diving.After a day in the sun and surf, treat yourself to dining in our luxurious and Well service staff at Bluebling Bar and Resto. Explore the flavorful taste and aroma, feel the beat and relax in our Jazule Coffe Shop - JazRelax Spa. THE GREAT DESTINATION FOR FUN FAMILY GATHERINGS, LEISURE, AND ADVENTURE - ONLY HERE AT BLUEJAZ BEACH RESORT AND WATERPARK. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Bluejaz Beach Resort & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.