Our family group of four stayed at the Puri Bagus for 4 nights, recently, at the end of a family trip to Bali. What a delight after spending time in the busy Kuta/Legian area.
The management and staff were polite, helpful and very accommodating. Any requests were quickly and efficiently dealt with – they even offered, and provided, a substantial packed breakfast for our 6:00am departure on our last morning. One minor maintenance request was dealt with by no less than four staff and the problem was resolved within 10 minutes.
The villas were roomy, comfortable and well-serviced daily. One family member was particularly taken with the outdoor shower!
We spent quite a few hours sitting in the beach huts at the end of each day watching, enjoying and photographing the stunning sunsets.
I must, however, agree with two other reviewers regarding the volume of the call to prayer emanating from the mosque, half a kilometre away, at 5 o’clock every morning. I also believe everyone has a right to follow their own religion and worship in their own way, but not to the detriment and discomfort of others. It was impossible to sleep through. During the day, it was not a problem, but in the silence of pre-dawn . . .
On the bright side:
• the nearby Warung Bambu restaurant about 150 metres along the road. Terrific meals at good prices, served by a friendly staff and I thoroughly recommend their cooking classes – great fun, and what a feast at the end!
• The 1000 Dream restaurant next door to the hotel – great food at very reasonable prices and an excellent staff
• The pool – set in a beautiful, tranquil setting and, due to the relatively small number of guests, never crowded
• The grounds – quiet, relaxing and beautifully maintained
I would encourage people to check this hotel out for themselves if they are after a relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The private beachfront and traditional Balinese thatched roof architecture, Puri Bagus Lovina offers 40 spacious villas including two suites with private pool and dining room. This beautiful resort provided plenty of space between each villa for stunning tropical gardens to enhance your privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Puri Bagus Lovina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Bagus Lovina Hotel Pemaron
- Puri Bagus Hotel Lovina
- Puri Bagus Resort Lovina
- Puri Bagus Lovina Lovina Beach, Bali