We stayed at the Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge for a few days in April, 2013. Having stayed at Serena establishments before, we were looking forward to the splendid service, lovely rooms and a restful stay. We were not disappointed.
The Amboseli Serena is located about 7 kms from the nearby Ol Tukai Lodge, about 37 kms from the main smooth and spanking new Emali-Loitoktok Road.
Upon arrival at the lodge we were heartily welcomed and presented with the ubiquitous cold glass of juice and refreshing towel, before being escorted to our rooms. The rooms are wonderful, big inviting bed, clean, functional and well equipped bathrooms, and a door leading to the adjoining room for the kids. There are master switches to enable you to switch on or off all lights from your bed. The usual Serena standards are very well maintained in the room furnishings and facilities.
The pool was small and free form, more than adequate for our needs and enjoyment. We loved the restaurant food choices and felt that all needs were accommodated to the satisfaction of ourselves and our two children.
The hotel reception also provided us with some much needed free wifi.
We had only two regrets, that inexplicably the lodge was built with the magnificent Mount Kilimanjaro behind it, and that it was the rainy season, so we were not fortunate to see much wild game. To see the mountain, one has to go to the outer edge of the parking lot, not very convenient for those anticipating a beautiful early morning mountain sighting with a cup of coffee of better yet, breakfast in front of you.
The early morning loud discussions of the housekeeping staff outside the rooms woke us up earlier than we would have wished, I hope the management can speak to them to keep their voices low and presence unobtrusive.
Otherwise, the vast majority of staff led by the affable Lodge Manager Herman are warm, welcoming and efficient, and we would not hesitate to recommend this lodge to anyone. Next time we will go in the dry season!
- Also Known As:
- Amboseli Serena Safari Hotel
- Amboseli Serena Safari Hotel Amboseli National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the shadow of Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest Mountain; beside a copse of giant Acacia trees and gently flowing natural spring. In the clean, crisp air of an Amboseli dawn, the snowcapped peaks of Mount Kilimanjaro shimmering in the southern sky, you can sit atop a volcanic throne in the middle of the Masai plains and see the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.