“Modern!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Scrunchions

Scrunchions
72 - 76 Water Street, Bay Roberts, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada (Formerly Klondyke Steakhouse)
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Modern!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

This place is very up to date with furniture, flat screens, and wiFi. Beautiful dining area but expensive pricing on meals, but tastes good and large portions. The service is a little slow and the girls on the front counter aren't very enthusiastic to help, and had gym attire on, ( jogging pants), not professional dress. The rooms are clean and medium size with ac and heat next to the bed. Overall this place is very nice to stay in and I will stay there again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kelligrews, Newfoundland, Canada
“Worse food ever eaten was at the Bay Roberts Hotel, The Klondyke Steakhouse”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I had the French onion soup and my husband had the cod chowder. That was very good. But before I had the soup finished, I was told that my steak was waiting to be brought to the table. Considering the prices on the menu, I did not expect a fast food style approach. Honestly, to say that the steak we ordered was not good, does not describe this! My steak was ordered medium, however was raw, and my husbands was a little less than medium. The appearance of the steak was white with grilled marks, like a cheap frozen cut of beef. The whipped poatatoes were nothing more than those that are sold as frozen in the supermarkets. I assume they were that as my potato was hard on the outside and still cold in the center! My husband's twice baked poatato was the same as my whipped potato, the only difference being that the whipped potato was pilled into the potato skin. The only thing edidable on either plate were the vegetables.
We both left 1/2 of the steaks on the plate, as well as the frozen potato. The Bay Roberts Hotel is beautiful, however, I would recommend that you do not eat at the steakhouse located in the hotel!!

Visited August 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Best in Town....not in NL”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Very Friendly but, they need a better steak! Very slow service...dessert NL pudding amazing! It was quite pricey.
Spinach salad was lovely. Nice selection of wines as well.

Visited July 2012
VAUGHAN, ONTARIO
“Expensive but alright”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Steak was okay, thought it would be better though. Other family members enjoyed pasta dishes... service was good.

Visited July 2012
St. John's, Canada
“Nice location and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We went to the Klondyke for lunch and were pleased with the location overlooking the bay, the tasteful decor and layout, and the sunroom. The service and food were both very good. Several of the group had steak and said it was good, and several of us had french onion soup and it was really tasty - not too salty. It is nice to know that there is a decent restaurant and steakhouse in this area of the province, and we'll definitely be going back there and recommending it to others.

They also have introduced a Sunday brunch which may be the next meal we have there.

• Visited July 2012