“Great Place, friendly staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Villa Agung Beach Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Singaraja-Seririt, Bali 2007, Indonesia   |
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Lovina Beach
North Island
“Great Place, friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We loved our 4 night stay, great spot right on the beach, friendly staff, lovely food. Gus and Sandy are so friendly and welcoming, and happy to take you on a little tour of the area, or allow you to tag along when they run their errands, and give you a taste of local village life.

We used Wayan for our transfers to and from Villa Agung, and he was very helpful with great information to share. Our kids had such a great time here, they cried when we had to leave.

On a side note .... We visited the local water park near lovina - don't go !! Green pools, not much shade, very disappointing .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore River, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Before booking here I read the "Terrible" reviews and discounted them all. What a great decision that was. I am not sure what their issues were but they must have stayed at another place to us!! Now if you're expecting anything other than a small homely, beachfront hotel with the most friendly local staff, you'll be disappointed.

Villa Agung Beach Inn is a wonderful place run for 17 years by Gus (American) and Sandy (British) who made us feel welcome from the second we arrived.

I was travelling with 2 daughters (14 & 12) who really enjoyed the place too.

The room was spacious, with a comfortable bed (no TV in our room, which we were happy about) and air conditioning. Being a small hotel, it was all very personal and we met other guests who have been coming back every year for the last 5 years. I can understand why.

I could hang here for a week, just chilling by the beach and enjoying life.

There's internet available throughout and good advice on local activities (including the ones to avoid).

As someone who spends about 100 nights a year in hotels and has been doing that for 20 years, I was VERY happy with what we got at Villa Agung Beach Inn and will very likely return.

Thanks Gus & Sandy for your personal service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
coffs harbour, australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Villa Agung is located in one of the most beautiful and peaceful spots in Bali. A glass of wine at the sunset bar, right on the beach, while watching the sunset over Java with fishing boats in the foreground....it just doesn't get any better.

This was our 4th stay at this tiny hotel, and we had 8 relaxing nights in our regular room which was always well cleaned and more than comfortable. Linens are changed every three days, although it's easy to ask for clean towels more often if required. We just popped ours on the drying rack located right outside our door, and they remained fresh.

The library area above the restaurant has been upgraded, new open walls and a new roof and big comfy chairs and tables inside. It allows much better ocean views from the upstairs rooms, and is great for having a massage with a cooling ocean breeze wafting through. Pool and beach chairs have also been replaced with very smart white rattan ones which makes the whole downstairs area look very nice.

We ate all our meals at the restaurant - they are so good, why bother to go anywhere else. Prices are tax inclusive and very reasonable. Every meal was excellent, there was not a meal that either of us could criticise in any way except that the deserts are so tempting and taste so good that we had one most nights, much to the detriment of our waistlines. The breakfasts are lovely, fruit or juice, eggs cooked to order and a basket of home made breads with butter and home made strawberry jam. And you're eating just a few feet from the ocean.

Many thanks to Gus, Nyoman and your wonderful staff of girls who looked after us so very well. We are sorry to have missed Sandy who was away, and we look forward to seeing you all again in a few months when we return to this little slice of paradise.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

It was a great time there at Villa Agung. It is right at the beach and you can have your breakfast and massage with a sea view. The garden is tiny but nice. The staff there are very friendly. They help to call massage in and book dolphin tour of next day. Lucky to see so many wild dolphins there in the morning with a beautiful sunrise. The best part is to relax at the beach side and it is very quiet. The only thing to note is that it is located 5km far away from central lovina and you need to take taxis after 6 pm because all bemos are out at night. The taxi may cost you IDR 40,000 or 50,000 per car for one way.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The place is typical for 3-star hotel. I liked the beachfront private terrace overlooking the ocean, with massage lady offering me bali traditional massage, it was relaxing. I didn't like the cloudy and grey rose wine they served me at the restaurant thou. We smelled sewage water and heard Bahasa announcement done for a long time on a loud speaker next door at night by the beach. But the service was impeccable. Could stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
villaagung, Owner at Villa Agung Beach Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
I regret the disturbance for our guests but I believe the chanting was from the fishing village nearby as a celebration for their temple. It only happens very occasionally and is part of Balinese culture. Villa Agung Beach Inn.
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

At the risk of being redundant, the place is GREAT. During my year in Jakarta we made two trips; the first with my partner then a return by myself. Could I figure out out how to do it I'd spend at least 6 months a year here. Maybe next year. In the meantime I hope that they are not overrun with guests (although they deserve it!) so that there will be space for me (us!)

It is small, friendly and most hospitable. To remind me every day I have a photo I took of sunset from the terrace bar at the desktop on my laptop. I hope that this helps other travellers to make the right choice!

If you are staying elsewhere be sure to go for dinner!

If nothing else gets us there, then a honeymoon next year!!!!

In case I forgot to say it the Villa Agung is GREAT!!!!! I

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at Villa Agung in February for 4 nights. It was the slow season but you couldn't tell from the service or the condition of the property, rooms or restaurant. The room had very comfortable beds, stayed clean and the air conditioner made for quiet cool sleep. The locatoin right on the black sand beach was fantastic. The rates were very low and the food was just as well priced.

Gus and the staff are so friendly. They really go out of their way to make sure everything is just right and if you have a request, they're happy to take care of it. One of the folks with us became ill (nothing due to Villa Agung) and Gus was kind enough to offer another room so the roommate who wasn't ill would be able to sleep!

I didn't use the massage services but others on our trip did and they reported that they were very nice and extremely affordable at about $10 per hour. If you're looking for a quiet getaway with a great view and great family atmosphere on the North side of Bali, this is the place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Villa Agung Beach Inn? Share your experiences!