“Guess how often they do it” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sartaya

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lovina Beach
Hotel Sartaya
You added Hotel Sartaya to your Saves list
Jalan Laviana | Kalibukbuk, Banyalit, Bali 81115, Indonesia   |
Ranked #10 of 24 Lovina Beach B&B and Inns
“Guess how often they do it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I went to Lovina with 5 other friends last week, we arrived rather late, then rent 2 rooms for the guys and girls. At first the staff agreed to gave us IDR 150.000 per room, until a lady came and said that we've got to pay IDR 200.000 per room.

The place is nice enough, the price relatively cheap, while we're in the mood for fun, so we've got nothing to complain on that night.

One of our friend (girl) somehow trapped in the bathroom in the morning. I consider that as a sign for a problem with their maintenance, although my friend managed to get out from the bathroom, I still told the staffs to pay attention to it, to make sure that the same incident won't be happening again to other guests.

Then another incident happened in the boys' room. The water faucet was broken when my friend used it. We were told to pay IDR 200.000 for the broken faucet. We asked the staff to talk to their manager about it, then Lastri, the lady who's in charge said, "We're nice enough to ask you to pay only 200, for usually we asked for 500 to foreigners."... It makes me wonder how often they asked to guests to pay for their broken things?

Room Tip: I'd rather say, choose another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Worldwide traveller
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

On our way to our pre-booked hotel for lovina, (suma hotel, beautiful) we were stopped by the proprietors of sartaya 2 hotel, they obviously seen us with our back packs and realised we were an easy target. The hotel is a nice enough hotel with a pool, but they sold us a PADI diving course for 560 australian dollars, when we said it seemed a bit expensive they said it was because it was a national park and only one person doing the dive course, we were exhausted, they gave us a free drink and were really friendly so we booked assuming the price wasn't too bad including accommodation. Then they charged me 280 aussie dollars for the same two dive my partner would do on his padi course, saying again that the high price was due to the fact menghanin island is a national park and the dive on a ship wreck was 2 hours drive away. We later learned that people had booked the same four dives for 110 australian dollars. And the PADI course for 275 Australian Dollars. When we brought this up with Wayan, the owner/husband of the proprietor he said that it was because my partner was doing his course as a solo, he refused to give us any money back, even though we paid almost double what others had.

also, the price of the room seemed to go up by ten-fifteen dollars when we mentioned that we were staying in suma hotel for our first night, which is a bit more upmarket, the cheapest room being 30 aussie dollars (but well worth it considering the amazing breakfast)

once we had finished our diving we were told the room we were in, with aircon, was usually sold for 40 dollars a night, we bartered them down to twenty (200,000) based on the fact we had paid in excess for our diving.

the breakfast is terrible, either dry toast, a horrible pancake or a bit of toast with banana, and a coffee or tea

this is a nice enough hotel with a pool, but don't let them con you into any diving or excursion deals, they were total con artists who wouldn't give us our money back when we said we had been overcharged. resentful to say the least

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Lovina Beach hotels

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was recommended this hotel and found it a great place to stay. The staff and owners are some of the friendliest people I've met in Bali and so have chosen to stay here for some of my trip every time I visit Bali. Both times I stayed (Dec 2012 and Jan 2013) I had an amazing time. The food in the restaurant is very good and the seafood basket is awesome. The staff really look after you, they can arrange trips if you need but also would take me into Lovina centre whenever I wanted for no charge at all. The hotel is a little bit away from the centre of Lovina, but you can easily get there by scooter or walking. Very close to the beach. There is a pool at the sister hotel you can use for free. I think breakfast is good. Would recommend a stay here for sure. I have stayed in 3 of the rooms at this hotel and all have been good, very clean. Some have shower, some bath, some aircon and some fan.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Vanersborg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

During my stay at Hotel Sartaya I found the staff to be really kind, helpful and with really good English. They were very informative and were ready to help me with whatever I needed. The room was unsuspected big, spotless cleaned and with a choice of both air con or fan. Queen size bed, with mosquito net. Towels, hot water, wifi and breakfast included for only 250.000 rupiha! Restaurant with great food and pool were also attached to the hotel. Had about 150-200m to the beach, but a bit futher to the center of town.
I am so happy that I stayed at Sartaraya and I would absolutely recommend who ever is traveling to Lovina to stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We heard about this place through a driver we'd become friends with from a hotel in Ubud, who was friends with the managers at Sartaya. Once we arrived the owners sat with us over a 'welcome drink' as they demanded our cash for 3 night's accommodation up-front, while they also tried to talk us into as many tours as they possibly could. We agreed to do the dolphin tour in 2 days' time, assuming we would pay on the day - however they demanded we pay for that upfront as well. The whole process was so awkward - we were exhausted from our 3 hour trip on the road and now had to make another special trip to the ATM so we could pay $15 EACH for the dolphin tour. THIS IS A RIDICULOUS PRICE, as you can see the dolphins for about $6-8 AUD, through any other company. PLUS, they had mixed up our dates and so gave us a terrible room for our first night at their other hotel (same company) down the road - it was small, dark, smelly and horrible. We should have bargained them down, but we just nodded our heads politely. There was no apology.

The original room ('villa') we booked was fantastic, and we got to spend two nights there. The pool was great and garden is lovely. Great value for money.

The location is about a 15min walk down the main road to the local restaurants and bars, so you'd probably want to hire a motorbike.

A Dutch group was checking out same day as us, and after some shushed arguing, I asked what was wrong - turned out the manager (the woman) had added an extra zero to their bill! This confirmed for me what kind of business they were running. Very dishonest.

However, as I said, this place really is great value for your money, if you don't let them talk you into anything - and I'm sure you could negotiate a price, you just need to be firm. The 'villas' are spacious and clean with lots of natural light. Remember, they are competing against stacks of other hotels just on their street alone - so take it or leave it! Just don't let them talk you into doing any tours, and keep your own records of what meals you have while you're there (or better still, pay as you go).

Room Tip: The owners run 2 hotels of the same name - the one you want to stay at has a lovely garden, pool and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

from the start we could sense that the staff just wanted to talk us into buying more services from them. tours etc, almost force feeding us what we should do over the welcome drink. The two 'owners or managers, acted basically like a bunch of crooks. They didn't even clean the room before the second night. air conditioner needed fixing, and wifi was only available at the front area, not in the room.
When I put these forward as issues that i wanted some compensation for(like a reduced room rate as all services were not as advertised) I was rudely told i am wrong and that all hotels are like this(not cleaning the room unless you ask for it! ?)

I would never return, it took two days out of our holiday. rude, self centered, and very pushy.

Hope to come back to lovina next time and stay at a decent place.

• Stayed July 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The staff must have changed since previous reviews, the staff went out of the way to me. Drove me to the ATM for free.

Took me out to a bar for free, and drove me for a hair cut and waited to take me back. Helped with my learning Indonesian and were always willing to help out.

The bus from Ubud dropped me next door at a much more expensive hotel, so was stoked I found this so easily.

The breakfast wasn't amazing, but included in the room price but this is the only fault I could find.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Hotel Sartaya? Share your experiences!