“A little piece of heaven in north Bali!” 5 of 5 stars

Lilin Lovina Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Singaraja-Seririt, Bali 81152, Indonesia   |
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Lovina Beach
Guildford, United Kingdom
“A little piece of heaven in north Bali!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed at Lilin with a friend for four days at the start of a two week holiday in Bali. It was perfect for total rest & relaxation at the start of our holiday.

The hotel consists of approx six villas so even at full capacity will be very quiet. The private beach was a real bonus & the in-house spa service was fantastic. We stayed in Villa 5 which had its own day bed - perfect for sunbathing!

Lilin offered a shuttle service to restaurants in the evening which was a nice touch and the staff were consistently friendly, helpful & attentive. By the end of the first day not only did everyone know and refer to us by name, but we knew all the staff by name as well! This created a lovely family-like atmosphere & the staff really couldn't do enough for us. Heather helped me to arrange dolphin watching beforehand as a surprise for my friend's birthday, and Sarah was helpful on arrival in recommending places to visit such as the waterfalls at Git Git. Thank you both!

The food on offer was slightly limited in choice if there for much longer than we were but all was of very high standard. Breakfast changed every day which was a nice positive, along with the home-made baked goods on offer every morning. We would have stayed longer for the cinnamon buns alone!! The freshly baked cookies & brownies at 3pm every day became a much-anticipated highlight of our day!!

The only slight negative was that there was not a private safe in the room, however there was a central safe accessed via reception where we could store passports etc as & when required.

Room Tip: Villa 5 has its own day bed - amazing!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Loved this place, small resort with nice small pools in front of your own villa (ideal for kids or drinking a cocktails ;-) )
Very nice staff, good food.

Unfortunately their are no in room safes and the hotel doesn't have a restaurant or bar.
However they make up for it: they do have a kitchen and serve nice food right on the beach!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have stayed in several kinds of accommodation in Bali over the years, and I would say that if you are looking for the standard Balinese hotel experience, which seems to merge almost seamlessly with the ubiquitous Pan Asian ambience that is relentlessly pressed upon tourists from Kuta to Phuket and beyond, then the small oasis that is Lilin might not be for you. But if you are looking for simple charm, casual relaxation, cleanliness, warm ocean breezes, breathtaking sunrises and sunsets, large thick comforting towels, happy and helpful staff for whom no request seems too much trouble, good snorkeling, fishing, breakfasts on the beach, amazing coffee, massages, yoga, informative visits to local places of interest, (or not, just as the mood takes you)..and the feeling when you leave that you have truly had a de-stressing, restoring and wonderful vacation...then look no further. We had an air conditioned villa and plunge pool with free WiFi for a week, doing as much or as little as we wanted, and it was a real delight (Honestly, I am not being paid for this!). Plus, our 4 year old had an awesome time. In particular, our grateful thanks to everyone at Lilin, and beyond, who worked to make sure that my husband’s 40th birthday beach grill was so wonderfully memorable. We’ll be recommending you to our friends, and definitely will be back for more.

Room Tip: Ask for the executive villa closest to the ocean...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Well, during my 3 week's travel around Bali I have stayed in 8 different hotels. Everything from a luxury five star resort in Ubud were rooms were rated USD 450/night to a small bungalow on the Gili beach - and everything in between. And Lilin was the one place I didn't want to leave! I even payed double hotels cause I couldn't cancel the hotel I had booked after - and I didn't want to leave!

The rooms have everything you need and are nice and clean! The bed is amazing and the whole hotel has a nice "home" kind of feeling. One day when I was on the beach one of the staff members came down to me with homemade cookies - still warm from the owen. Maybe that's the best way to describe this fantastic hotel- warm and careing. The helpful staff will make sure you have everything you need and they will know you need it before you do!

I could write an essay on how lovely the family that owns the hotel are but considering I write on my iPhone I won't. But let me just say this: They are amazing!! Rickie, the woman, will help you with everything you mean- and then I mean EVERYTHING! She even picked me up at the hotel I stayed in after Lilin to drive me to another hotel! She is just lovely! Always with a smile and this fantastic energy that just makes you wanna hug her!

The staff has great knowledge about what to do, what to see and were to eat so there's no need to bring a guide book- just ask and they will help you!

Lilin offers great value for your money and I will for sure book this hotel next time I visit Lovina as well as recommend it to my friends and family!

• Stayed August 2012
Great Western, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

What a fabulous destination :)
So sad to have left, would have loved to have spent more time in this beautiful place.
Heather, many thanks for your fabulous hosting, you should be very proud of your efforts, they were very appreciated :) You & your staff are professional & so absolutely accommodating.
Deadset if I would ever want to get lost, it would be in Lovina!!
Many thanks, Lisa, Mark & family x

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

If you want to stay somewhere right on the beach with an air of difference, then this is it.......
Lilan at Lovina is a funky little boutique hotel with only 7 villas, that will just delight you.
Starting with the delicious hot breakfasts each morning, to the individual plunge pools when the beach gets too hot; this place has it all.
When the walking has gotten to you and it's time to relax, just hop on the swinging day bed and let the world go by.
Our hosts, Heather, Brian & Desi (hope I spelt that correctly) make you feel like you have justed visited their own home. They couldn't do enough for us during our brief 2 night stay.
It was our first trip to the North Coast, although we have been to Bali 5 times before.
This part of Bali is certainly unspoilt by not being OVER touristy and it was fun to be by what were largely uninhabited beaches, despite the black sand. Don't let that put you off.....
Thank you Heather and Brian, we will certainly be back.
Ken & Tonia Heard
Adelaide, Australia

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

A small Beachfront Villas run by an American Couple, the hostess I believe named or be called Ricky, that very helpful & friendly will welcome you once you enter the Villas.

The Villa it self is new construct/renovation but build with common residential design far from luxurious look, the only difference is they have small private pool in front of each Villas. But then, once you enter the room, you will have very cozy environment. The room is very clean, very nice decorated and has spacious shower room.

You may have your own breakfast on their beachfront gazebo if you ask for.

The Villas was designed away from clutter, so you would not find and TV or Hairdryer, but you may still ask for them to provide if you need them, but they still provide broadband WiFi access that has good internet speed, especially in this remote area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lilin Lovina Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!