“Beautiful view, simple hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Grand Sunsets Resort & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lovina Beach
Bali Grand Sunsets Resort & Spa
You added Bali Grand Sunsets Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Jl Seririt Singaraja | Desa Tukud Munga, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Lovina Beach
Kuta, Indonesia
“Beautiful view, simple hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Bali grand sunsets, so much so that instead of staying 3 nights I ended up staying 7. The view you get from all the rooms is worth every penny, the sunsets are truly magical and all you can hear at night is the waves. The hotel itself its very brightly decorated, I think me and my boyfriend counted about 12 different coloured walls, but the beds are comfy, all the rooms have a large balcony and the bathroom has everything you need, even a bath if you go deluxe. We were in a standard room and were perfectly happy, although I am aware that in some standard rooms when you turn the lights off the fan goes off so see if you can get into room 9 (our room) in which case the switches for both were separate. The service is brilliant the staff are so friendly and helpful and sorted us out with transport and trips for good prices. Location: do not be fooled, Lovina is a 30 minute walk! However, we were here in low season (october) and there was nothing much worth walking to Lovina for anyway, there are lots of places to eat around the hotel offering better prices than the center of town. Don't expect to find taxis around here but the roads are a lot quieter and we rented a motorbike for $60,000 for one day, and they offered weekly deals. I would definitely recommend hiring either a bike or car while you are here, the coastal road is lovely. The pool and the gardens at the hotel are great and its a 2 step walk onto the beach. It is dirty in parts but the strip of beach outside the hotel is generally clean of rubbish and lots of people staying enjoyed snorkelling as the reefs are not far out at all. There is nothing I could complain about, especially when we were only paying $21 a night for a room! I would also recommend either a banana or melon juice made by the younger bartender, they are divine (and only $1!!!!).

Room Tip: Room 9! All rooms have a sea view though!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Right on the water where you can hear the small surf roll in and out, bird singing. Rooms were simple, clean, and fine for my stay as I was out and about most of the time. Only complaint with the rooms would be the poor lighting, but during the day time it was fine. The part that is really special about Bali Grand Sunsets are the people - Monica and Made made the trip extra special. They are really great spirits with stories to share, and listening ears. Lovina was one of my favorite spots in Bali and I am so very glad I stayed here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bali, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I like to start positive and the sunsets were beautiful, and the tour I organised myself to the waterfalls was fablous.
However I could not recomend this place to anyone.
Some on the rooms smelled and had mould on the walls, food was terrible and we had to fight to get the tours arranged that were included with our voucher. Very dissapointing.
We were booked as a couple and got twin beds, and the next night 2 singles came and they had no twin beds. Extremely poor organisational skills.
The only people staying there were from coupons / discount vouchers and no one was going to return.
No one ate at the place but there were other places just next door with good food and atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I chose Bali Grand Sunsets through Interval International and were attracted by it's rustic Balinese charm - we were definitely not disappointed.
Upon arrival we were greeted by the warm hotel manager Monica, who made the hotel feel like home, in fact all the staff did. You are constantly greeted by smiles, helpfulness and not to mention they do love a good conversation or joke -
we felt we truly experienced Balinese hospitality.
In regards to the facilities of the hotel, our 'Panorama Suite' was beautifully clean, although modest in decor and furniture we still had a kitchenette, substantial bathroom, a television, aircon and a large comfortable bed. The highlight of the accommodation however, was the large balcony providing a beautiful view of not only the mountains and paddy fields but the beautiful beach sunsets (of which we got plenty of at this hotel). The hotel structure itself is colourful and along with the rich gardens on site, outdoor pool thats constantly warm and beachfront dining area there is a relaxed atmosphere that every holiday maker wants.
Although the hotel isn't a huge luxury complex with flashy decor, it was still paradise in our eyes! We definitely suggest Bali Grand Sunsets if you're looking for a truly Balinese experience.

• Stayed August 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was in Lovina and looking for a beachfront hotel. I walked into Bali Grand Sunsets Resort and found a gem.
The staff were friendly and the rooms VERY clean.
I spent one of best weeks in Bali at this place.
Took a great tour up into the mountains with the hotel driver. What great views.
Sunset drink is the best park of any day at the hotel. The sunsets are amazing.
I notice lots of comments on the sunsets and I know why.
If in Lovina and you want a nice comfortable, clean and very friendly place this is it.

Room Tip: Any room is great. All have sea views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We booked and paid, sight unseen, after having regard to the Trip-advisor rating. After an inspection we went elsewhere, thus forfeiting two nights paid accommodation. It was our very best option, as staying at that resort was simply - not an option. Beware......

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

i stayed in bali grand sunset resort in july for 7 nights,i found the staff very helpfull, the food was great ,they have good cooks there,having our meals in the restaurant over looking the ocean was just so peacefull,swimming in the pool and relaxing it was just the most pleasing relaxing time to unwind from busy working year ,the sunset where out of this world .to sit in the bar and watch the sun go down into the ocean was a great way to spend your evening i found the beds great to sleep in ,the rooms where very clean and cleaned every day .
i would say to any one wanting a relaxing holiday and to just chill out to unwind ,read a book by the pool
go for it im sure you will have a great holiday and like me you will want to come back again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lilin Lovina Beach Hotel
Lilin Lovina Beach Hotel
#9 of 19 in Lovina Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 188 reviews

Been to Bali Grand Sunsets Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!