My wife Miranda and I planned a trip around Bali, starting in Kuta, then to Menjangan, on to Lovina, Tulamben, Candi Dasa and back to Kuta... scuba diving as we went! I must say our most memorable time we had and have ever had was at Cleopatra Bungalows.
Mahmoud and his wife Iis are perfect hosts, so friendly, so accommodating, nothing was too difficult and at breakfast each morning, Mahmoud would drop by, shake your hand and ask what could he do for us today? - We went dolphin spotting for $6 each, had a motorbike for a day for $6 and ate at all sorts of places but the food, especially the home made spring rolls were simply beautiful at Cleopatra - we will be back and plan to bring a larger group just so they can experience what old fashioned resort management used to be like.
Thank you Mahmoud for a wonderful stay - nothing was too much trouble and even though there are some simpler, and cheaper places to stay just down the road, I don't think you'll ever get the service and a friendly smile like you get here. Take the risk, go here and have a look, stay a couple of nights... we wanted to stay here for a week but had already booked another hotel in Tulamben (more diving!).
When we rented a motorbike it arrived in 30 minutes and we headed for Singaraja, then back thru Lovina to the Temples and Natural Hot Water Springs about 10km west of Lovina. $6 for a day and a $1 for fuel.
We found cheap places to eat, where the locals go... never felt threatened, never felt like we were going to be bowled over by a truck from behind... very safe, very comfortable... and after a day on the bike we came back for the best massage as the sun went down... again for about $6. Lovina is beautiful in so many ways and Mahmoud and Cleopatra Bungalows made it even better and we want to go back again and again. Have a look at the pictures I've uploaded, see what you can do here, another wonderful part of Bali and a world away from the rat race of Kuta - you'd think you were in another world. All the best, Dave, Melbourne, Australia.
- Also Known As:
- Cleopatra Beach Bungalows Hotel Lovina Beach
- Cleopatra Beach Bungalows Hotel
- Cleopatra Beach Bungalows Lovina Beach, Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cleopatra Beach Bungalows is a small hotel with only 9 suites/rooms including one family apartment Bali style with 2 rooms and 2 bath rooms. Admired swimming pool, as well as the tropical garden with all flowers. All located directly by the beach, 2 km from the center of Lovina. Our guests feel like they're staying in private property here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cleopatra Beach Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.